Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS screwed, please help

Default 3GS screwed, please help
    I tried to do a reset all on the phone to remove all settings and apps. I left the phone and seems the battery died and now its kind of dead, doesnt want to reboot and all I get is the frozen apple logo

I tried to restore using iTunes 8.2 using 3.01 or 3.0 ipsw without any luck. I get the message "This device isnt eligible for the requested build". I changed the hosts file as per Saurik's instructions and I still get this message. Is the service down? or am I missing anything?

P.S. I didnt upload my info using Cydia to the "on file" service as i knew about it too late.

Can you please help me restore to 3.0

Thanks

You can't restore to 3.0 since you did not save your ECID on Cydia..

Your stuck on restoring your 3GS to 3.1.. hope your 3GS in factory unlock

No its not factory unlock or I would have updated to 3.1 long time ago. I guess I have to wait for the custom 3.1 ipsw from the dev team. I dont want to upgrade the baseband so I will have to wait.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Akronica View Post

Any ideas?

yeah WAIT!!

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

....now you said you knew about it too late? you dont use cydia all? over a week ago you where given the option to "make my life easier"
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy