Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I'm so confused right now...

Default I'm so confused right now...
    So, I have a 3Gs, updated to 3.0.1 and Jailbroken with pwnage 3.0

I did the hash thing in cydia. So what should I do now?, upgrade?, not upgrade?, use ITunes or not?. I didn't unlock my phone, and I don't think I will. But I don't wanna end up with a really expensive useless piece of technology
    And I'm sorry, I know that Saurik explains everything in detail, but I don't understand half of the stuff that he says, and I'm sure that there is a lot of people that like myself, even tough we are not technologically challenged, we don't have a masters in Computer Science,

So, can anybody try to explain in a little easier way that Saurik, what should I do next?

If you are on 3.0.1 and jailbroken you don't need to do anything.
    Wait till the 3.1 jb comes out for 3gs then you can update if you want

if you don't need the unlock you could update to 3.1 right now and jailbreak when a JB becomes available, but you would be without a JB until then. best course of action is to stay with 3.0.1 until a JB for 3.1 gets released. also, you should know that if you upgrade via itunes to an official firmware, you lose the ability to unlock your phone. so even if you think now that you won't need it, maybe you don't want to kill your chances to unlock the phone because you might need it in a year or two.