+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS 3.01 Forced Restore

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I had a 3GS 3.01, that was bricked due to winterboard, it would never get out of the booting process. I didnt have my files saved on Cydia. So I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3GS 3.01 Forced Restore
    I had a 3GS 3.01, that was bricked due to winterboard, it would never get out of the booting process. I didnt have my files saved on Cydia. So I thought I had no choice and just updated to 3.1 using Cydias sever with Itunes 8.2, Now I have an iphone that I can use the iphone and all the features except no celluar service, Im not sure what state you can call the phone right now?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Liemthongsamout View Post
    I had a 3GS 3.01, that was bricked due to winterboard, it would never get out of the booting process. I didnt have my files saved on Cydia. So I thought I had no choice and just updated to 3.1 using Cydias sever with Itunes 8.2, Now I have an iphone that I can use the iphone and all the features except no celluar service, Im not sure what state you can call the phone right now?
    If this is the case, I'd try another restore, since it's already been updated to 3.1. Put the iPhone into recovery mode first by unplugging it, then holding down home and sleep/wake button till screen goes dark, then let go. Hold the home button (and keep holding it) and plug phone into USB cable. Make sure you will see iTunes logo on your iPhone screen. Afterwards, perform that restore.

Since you have a 3GS, it is still under warranty barring any liquid/physical damage. If you have an Apple Store near you, make a reservation and they'll replace it if they cannot fix it. Most likely, the replacement device will even have 3.0.1 right now, so you can re-jailbreak.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can use the phone as if its been activated, but I have t mobile

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Liemthongsamout View Post
    I can use the phone as if its been activated, but I have t mobile
    Ah, so you have actually SIM unlocked it. This is going to be a problem, at least for now. There is no unlock for the 3GS in OS 3.1...and the early word is that if you've upgraded, there's a chance that the iPhone will no longer be able to become unlocked. I have faith the in the Dev Team...they seem to always come through. There are some tutorials on downgrading to 3.0.1 here...and then on Cydia, there is an app called Fuzzyband and another called 3G Fuzzyband Downgrader. It can downgrade your baseband. I personally haven't tried, so I can't guarantee results. At this point, perhaps it's worth a try.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Get into your local Apple store like tomorrow. Get a new iPhone, you'll have to tell them that it does it every few days, and don't even mention a jailbreak. Just tell them that you keep restoring it, and every other day or so it does this. Just make sure you restore before you bring it in in order to have no jailbreak, as said previously, you may still be able to get one with 3.0.1 on it. Tell them you'd like the phone activated at the store, so you can check to make sure it has 3.0.1. If it does, you're safe. Then just jb and unlock, and your home free. But make sure you have 3.0.1 on it lol