+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FYI: Users who are already on file, do not need to register again for 3.1 ECID

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
During my conversation with Saurik: How can you collect 3.1 ECID's if users can't get Cydia on 3.1 yet? ECIDs are a property of the device, not a property of
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default FYI: Users who are already on file, do not need to register again for 3.1 ECID
    During my conversation with Saurik:

How can you collect 3.1 ECID's if users can't get Cydia on 3.1 yet?
    ECIDs are a property of the device, not a property of the firmware. ECID SHSH's are a property of the ECID and a firmware, and I have the firmwares on my server.

Interesting... if you already have the firmware then users wouldn't necessarily need to be on 3.1 to accomplish this?Correct.

Can users on 3.0/3.0.1 save their 3.1 ECID through the same "make my life easier" method?
    Yes. I already have 3.1 signatures for all users who are enrolled.

In other words...

Don't you wish you filed your ECID the first time?
    Last edited by subnetwork; 09-15-2009 at 10:02 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

He collects them by sending the challenge request using your ecid along with the 3.1 challenge keys/values/etc (and various other tidbits that changed from 3.0.x -> 3.1)

In this way you never really needed to attempt to 'restore' so long as saurik had your shsh's on file.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

is this the ECID that we used with purplera1n.com? is that how we got registered?
    or what am i missing?

Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

The very same one.

However you needed to click a button on cydia's home page to 'make my life easier' in order for saurik to start the TSS request for you and your shsh/ecid combos.

Thanks

what if i forgot to do it but im still on 3.0.1?
    i can still get my ECID with usbview and use purplera1n right?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xsemaphorex
    The key point is for those that are already on file, they'll never need to do anything again.
    Exactly my point. For those who sent a TSS request the first time around they do not need to do anything ever again. As long as Saurik has the updated firmware on his server, he can automatically generate all our future signature hashes for us indefintely.

Isn't it nice?

Quote Originally Posted by KoolMan0 View Post
    what if i forgot to do it but im still on 3.0.1?
    i can still get my ECID with usbview and use purplera1n right?
    No. If you forgot to do it, you're simply out of luck. However, you can still update your hosts file and restore to 3.1 to save your ECID SHSH so if/when Apple releases 3.2+ you can always downgrade back to 3.1, and I strongly suggest to.
    Last edited by subnetwork; 09-15-2009 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Exactly. Except for the firmware thing. Saurik doesn't need the firmware. If my assumption is correct and all 3gs' carry the same ChipID, then all he needs is your ecid and he can obtain your blobs till the cows come home...

Well.. until they change the mechanism for obtaining the blobs.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I am on 3.1, how can I have Cydia to see its front page and click "make my life easier". I think we need to wait for the JB tool on 3.1 then after JB we then can go Cydia and submit ECID SHSH for future use !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got my 3GS (3.0.1) last week. UNjailbroken (a rarity here, i know). I haven't upgraded to 3.1, phew! So no downgrade issue for me! I like to use saurik's trick to save my ECID on-file for at least keeping the option for future JBs.
    1) To do that, do i need to JB now and install cydia first? Or just do the etc/hosts trick and DFU restore would be enough?
    2) You expect any problems to get the ECID files stored in Cydia since Apple has stopped signing 3.0 and 3.0.1?
    3) Or would you advice me to be patience and wait another day or two for devteam's JB 3.1 release(windows)?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goodman1501 View Post
    I am on 3.1, how can I have Cydia to see its front page and click "make my life easier". I think we need to wait for the JB tool on 3.1 then after JB we then can go Cydia and submit ECID SHSH for future use !
    I am assuming you don't use ultrasn0w, so, unless you're jailbroken you can't access Cydia. Your only choice is to follow Saurik's how-to on "Bypassing The Overlord". After you've update your hosts file, you can simply restore through iTunes and Cydia's server will automatically cache your ECID SHSH. You are done!

Quote Originally Posted by chiron View Post
    I got my 3GS (3.0.1) last week. UNjailbroken (a rarity here, i know). I haven't upgraded to 3.1, phew! So no downgrade issue for me! I like to use saurik's trick to save my ECID on-file for at least keeping the option for future JBs.
    1) To do that, do i need to JB now and install cydia first? Or just do the etc/hosts trick and DFU restore would be enough?
    2) You expect any problems to get the ECID files stored in Cydia since Apple has stopped signing 3.0 and 3.0.1?
    3) Or would you advice me to be patience and wait another day or two for devteam's JB 3.1 release(windows)?
    see below:

Quote Originally Posted by sirsycho View Post
    Point of clarification:

If you're running either 3.0 or 3.0.1 on a 3GS (or any iphone for that matter) and you procrastinated and never got around to jailbreaking you have one option (and only one) really.

You can grab redsn0w from the dev team's site and jailbreak your phone without upgrading or having to restore. Note: if you're running 3.0.1 you'll need the 3.0 ipsw to pull off the jailbreak. The downside is, if you screw something up and you're forced to restore you're going to pretty much have to upgrade to 3.1.

IF... IF you are forced to upgrade to 3.1 from Apple, make sure you edit your hosts file first to point to saurik's server. This will put you "on file" with him and allow you to downgrade to 3.1 in the future.

One more note for those of you that are stuck with a jailbroken 3.0 or 3.0.1 3GS that needs to be restored. I think you have an option here as well. I hope you have a Mac. You can get a copy of the pwnage tool for the 3.0 firmware and create a custom firmware which you can then restore. Since your phone has been previously jailbroken the chain of trust is circumvented. Put your phone in DFU mode and restore the custom 3.0 firmware. I'm not 100% sure on this one since I've not tried it myself but for those of you with a bricked phone it can't hurt, worst it will tell you is that you're not authorized to install a 3.0 ipsw.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by subnetwork; 09-16-2009 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a factory unlocked Iphone 3Gs, which I got after 3.1 has been released. Currently, I'm running 3.0.1 firmware, which is jailbroken with redsn0w 0.8.

I'd like to get my SHSH hashes on file with Cydia before a jailbreak tool for 3.1 on 3Gs is released and Apple posts an update. As per the first post, it appears that I should be able to do this without upgrading to 3.1 (I have the ECID, and 3.1 FW is available and on file with Saurik's server). The problem is that I don't see how this can be done. There is no link "Make my life easier" on Cydia's home page.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey guys

I seem to be the few who got the ECID up cydia in late august while having 3.0.1 firmware

heres some info:

3GS
    3.0.1 firmware
    Jailbroken with redsn0w
    not yet unlocked
    has iBSS and iBEC file
    has ECID SHSH on file at Cydia

I have just read through saurik's article and seems that I don't have to do anything until 3.1 is jailbroken and unlockable on the 3GS? am i correct?

Green Apple
    Thanks

What a great job Saurik has put together...can't express how much apprecipate I got for his great job

So the only thing different for being filed at the first time slot and being filed later is that we can restore to 3.0 if we done the fileing in the first place. Late comers can only restore to 3.1 even if they file it later when the service go online again. Am I getting it right?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

what about getting the ECID registered if you haven't jailbroken our 3gs, are currently on 3.1?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

ok i have my ECID # but how can i submit it to saurik as my phone is currently stuck at the apple logo loop. i am on 3.0.1 JBed with redns0w 0.8 and the 3.0 firmware.

Thanks

I got my ECID on file with Cydia when I was on 3.01. I can confirm that Saurik has my 3.0 ECID on file, because I was able to downgrade from 3.1 to 3.0 (on at&t, so don't care about unlock). Apparently, he now also has my 3.1 on file.

BUT, I get the 3002 error when I try to upgrade from 3.0 to 3.01. I assume this means that that he has NOT generated the 3.01 ECID SHSH. Is that correct?