Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I have a 3G S that is currently stuck with 3.1 FW;Any way to downgrade?

Default I have a 3G S that is currently stuck with 3.1 FW;Any way to downgrade?
    I have an iPhone 3G S running 3.1 FW. Is there any way I can downgrade my iPhone back down to 3.0? I don't have the w/e it's called on file with Cydia. I have already tried a few methods, such as this one: Downgrade iPhone 3GS 3.1 to 3.0 (iPhone OS 3.1 to 3.0 Firmware), but none of them have worked. Is there ANY way I can downgrade my iPhone 3G S? If not, do you think it's a good idea for me to have my iPhone exchanged at the AT&T Store for a new one (that would come with 3.0/3.0.1)? I purchased this phone less than 30 days ago, so I have the option of having my iPhone replaced (with that damn restocking fee). Please help. Thank you!

I believe that even if you go to an AT&T store and exchange it, whenever they will do the registration process for the new iphone, the apple server will still force the upgrade to the 3.1 FW.

Quote Originally Posted by mbongio View Post
    I believe that even if you go to an AT&T store and exchange it, whenever they will do the registration process for the new iphone, the apple server will still force the upgrade to the 3.1 FW.
    Can someone confirm this?

just bought a 3gs with 3.0.1 preloaded they didn't force me to do anything... I upgraded like a jackass I thought u had pwned apple by now but I guess they are coming back harder than ever lol