+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G[S] 3.0.1 Clairfication

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I just bought a 3G[S] and it's running 3.0.1 can I still jailbreak this phone? I'm getting contradictions all across this board, they're saying to just point it to 3.0
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3G[S] 3.0.1 Clairfication
    I just bought a 3G[S] and it's running 3.0.1 can I still jailbreak this phone?
    I'm getting contradictions all across this board, they're saying to just point it to 3.0 IPSW when I do the shift-restore. But, I thought I read somewhere that Apple has taken the ability to use the 3.0 firmwire away from us.

sooo how the hell do I jailbreak a 3.0.1 3G[S] never been jailbroken before.
    can anyone give me a link to a guide, I just don't want to mess up and not be able to restore my phone back to 3.0.1 and be forced to use 3.1.......

Green Apple
    Thanks

Easy guide on how to use Redsnow to jailbreak your phone on 3.0.1

Jailbreak iPhone 3.0.1

3. The Following User Says Thank You to plegra97 For This Useful Post:

elcid316 (09-15-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

For one thing, you will never be able to restore your FW back to 3.0.x. I'm sorry but the way things stand now you are literally on the precipice. If anything goes wrong during the JB, you are hosed and will likely have to update to 3.1.

You CAN JB 3.0.1. Don't listen to ANYONE (outside of the dev-team really) that tells you to restore anything through itunes. IIRC 3.0.x can be jailbroken without itunes at all. If I were you, I would avoid iTunes like the plague until a pure 3.1 jb comes out OR until you feel more comfortable with jb'ing 3.0.1 yourself...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plegra97 View Post
    Easy guide on how to use Redsnow to jailbreak your phone on 3.0.1

Jailbreak iPhone 3.0.1
    So if I use this method I won't even have to open up itunes?

I can just use the 3.0 ISPW that I used to jailbreak my other 3G[S] and use the redsn0w tool. and it'll all be good?? I can get a carrier unlock and everything right?

sorry for the redundancy...
    thank you for your help