Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0.1 IBSS and IBEC file

Default 3.0.1 IBSS and IBEC file
    Question for anyone who might know. But saurik will probably be the best person to answer this question.

I am one of the few who has the 3.0 signature file hashed on Cydia. So I know for a fact that I can always restore to 3.0. Using Saurik's Cached Apple Signature Server. He has also stated that he was unable to get the 3.0.1 signatures and only a select few have their 3.0.1 signature files hashed on Cydia. I have not taken the chance to find out if I can restore to 3.0.1 yet. However I do have my 3.0.1 IBEC and IBSS files. I got them off my iPhone the night before Apple stopped signing 3.0.X.

My question is. Can I send my 3.0.1 IBEC and IBSS files to Saurik and can he upload them to his Cached Apple Signature Server so I can restore 3.0.1 whenever I want? I would really like the ability to do this so I can retain the sms exploit patch.

And one final question. I only have my 3.0.1 IBEC and IBSS file. I also have the Rainy Day file. But I am missing the the IBEC and IBSS file for 3.0. I am a pack-rat for data and would feel comfortable holding on to my 3.0 IBEC and IBSS file. Can saurik send me my IBSS and IBEC file for 3.0? That way I know I will have my 3.0.1 and 3.0 IBSS and IBEC files on hand in case anything happens to Cydia's signature server. GOD FORBID.

***EDIT***
    I think i figured out how to get my IBSS and IBEC for 3.0. Theoretically I think I can just do a the Saurik's restore proccess to 3.0 and then use IBEC and IBSS grabber to get the IBEC and IBSS for 3.0? Let me know if this is correct.

So my only question now is if I can send my 3.0.1 IBEC and IBSS to saurik so he can load them to his sig server.
    Last edited by skim32; 09-15-2009 at 05:38 PM.

I'll answer it... even though I am not saurik... he's apparently a bit busy so I'll answer with what I know personally about the challenge/response.

When you clicked 'okay make my life easier' effectively you allowed saurik to grab your ApECID, ApChipID (and probably some other unique info that is slipping my mind atm).

He then 'pretended' to be you by submitting that information (in the challenge format along with partial digests of the firmware etc) to apple. They signed the response and sent it back to him. He did this a few times for a few different data requests.

The GLORIOUS thing about all of this is that _the challenge responses are always the same for a given version_. How cool is that?

The TERRIBLE thing is that once apple says "no way" to a firmware version partial digest... there's no possible way to obtain the challenge response unless we/you can figure out a way to obtain apple's private key...(good luck lemme know how it goes).

So... Don't count on saurik sending you the data. He has over 50k and no way to identify you other than ecid etc. Outside of writing an app that asks for your permission to send you an email with the data... (which i doubt he has time for) i cant think of any way to get you that information (think about it... how does he know you are you? The ecid...

Speculation of course. But hey, this is how I created my own Apple Signature Server based on his information.

Saurik has stated in a few different places that the IBEC and IBSS files are not enough information to use his system so sending him yours probably won't do anything.

Not sure if he could send you your IBEC or IBSS files for 3.0 but I don't think you need it if you successfully hashed your phone's ECID with Cydia.

I was lucky enough to get my phone hashed via Saurik's method, but did not do it for my partner. However I do have the IBSS and IBEC files for my partners phone from 3.0.0. Here's hoping that the new jb method involves a way to use those files rather than sauriks method.

Quote Originally Posted by mittyoz View Post
    I was lucky enough to get my phone hashed via Saurik's method, but did not do it for my partner. However I do have the IBSS and IBEC files for my partners phone from 3.0.0. Here's hoping that the new jb method involves a way to use those files rather than sauriks method.
    I really hope it works out. But from what I've seen in the challenge/respones, you need more blobs than just the ibec/ibss. (At least I do ) I simply don't know how they sign various nuggets like the DeviceTree. And if you have those two (ibec/ibss) only, then you don't have what you need to (most easily) spoof the signature server.

As long as your partner is still running 3.0 or 3.0.1 he will be fine. He will be able to go to Cydia from his phone and hash his ECID from there. It will be a hash for 3.1 but as long as he doesn't upgrade to 3.1 using Apple's official release he will be OK. Dev team is developing custom 3.1 firmwares that will not alter your baseband so you can still unlock. Check this link for more detailed info:

All the Rules for Downgrading your iPhone 3GS

You are in scenario 1 if you are still running 3.0 or 3.0.1 and hashed your ECID and your partner is in Scenario 2.