Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stupid questions...

Default Stupid questions...
    I have a 3gs with att service. I tried to jailbreak a few months back, but got stuck with no service and although I saw that there was a way to do it, I ran out of steam to follow through and figure out HOW. I updated to 3.1 when it came out, then got the wild hair to attempt jailbreaking again, and you know what I found with that.

So, what to do now? I edited my hosts file on my computer, but was unclear as to whether I was supposed to do the restore and such in the article at this time, or just wait for the 3.1 to come out.

Also, my phone is under warranty. I know that previously, we could do a restore through itunes on the phone if it needed to go in for service and no one would be the wiser (thus minimal worries about voiding my warranty). Is this still the case with the host redirect, or am I understanding what's happening now entirely wrong?

Thanks for you patience!
    Melanie

Quote Originally Posted by akoik View Post
    I have a 3gs with att service. I tried to jailbreak a few months back, but got stuck with no service and although I saw that there was a way to do it, I ran out of steam to follow through and figure out HOW. I updated to 3.1 when it came out, then got the wild hair to attempt jailbreaking again, and you know what I found with that.

So, what to do now? I edited my hosts file on my computer, but was unclear as to whether I was supposed to do the restore and such in the article at this time, or just wait for the 3.1 to come out.

Also, my phone is under warranty. I know that previously, we could do a restore through itunes on the phone if it needed to go in for service and no one would be the wiser (thus minimal worries about voiding my warranty). Is this still the case with the host redirect, or am I understanding what's happening now entirely wrong?

Thanks for you patience!
    Melanie
    As heard that an exploit for 3.1 is found...Saurik will start the "on file" service again soon. Make sure you get it when it's on and got your 3.1 hashed on his server.

And the next thing is to wait for Dev team's jailbreak for 3.1 ...which hopefully will be out soon...

You can't restore to 3.0.x anyway if you don't have your ECID SHSH on file with his server earlier...

And for the warranty...i THINK ATT is not smart enough to discover that...as long as you restore to official firmware before going to service...