+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Saving 3.1 ECID on the Cydia server from a 3.0.1 iPhone?

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
If I have a jailbroken 3.0.1 iPhone, can I use the "Make my life easier" button in Cydia to save the 3.1 ECID on the Cydia server? Or has the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Saving 3.1 ECID on the Cydia server from a 3.0.1 iPhone?
    If I have a jailbroken 3.0.1 iPhone, can I use the "Make my life easier" button in Cydia to save the 3.1 ECID on the Cydia server? Or has the iPhone to be on 3.1 already to save the 3.1 ECID?

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by modornot View Post
    If I have a jailbroken 3.0.1 iPhone, can I use the "Make my life easier" button in Cydia to save the 3.1 ECID on the Cydia server? Or has the iPhone to be on 3.1 already to save the 3.1 ECID?
    Yes. This feature will be back online very soon, and from 3.0 will let you save 3.1 keys.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to saurik For This Useful Post:

auwkeung (09-15-2009), j.dstasio (09-15-2009), mulkinaz (09-15-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saurik View Post
    Yes. This feature will be back online very soon, and from 3.0 will let you save 3.1 keys.
    So that means if my iPhone is running on 3.0 and has it hashed on your server, I still need to use the feature when it's back on to file it for the future 3.1 jailbreak?

Thanks Saurik for answering questions!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So that's it's not back on line is the reason I don't even see the make my life easier button at all?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saurik View Post
    Aaah. So the "make my life easier button" sends a fake firmware restore request to the Apple server to get the ECID signed but doesn't do the restore on the iPhone, like iTunes does, right?

And once you've again enabled collecting ECIDs on your Cydia server, the "make my life easier button" will magically show up again in the Cydia app on the iPhone?

Btw. you say 3.0 will let you save 3.1 keys. But a jailbroken 3.0.1 will work too, right?