+ Reply
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Anyway Restore a JB 3.0.1 to 3.0.1?

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Iphone 3GS Jailbreaked with 3.0.1 no ECID / SHSH Data Last Night i Reset my iPhone because i want a clean phone. Today it doesent Boot anymore, i see the
...
  1. #1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Anyway Restore a JB 3.0.1 to 3.0.1?
    Iphone 3GS Jailbreaked with 3.0.1 no ECID / SHSH Data
    Last Night i Reset my iPhone because i want a clean phone. Today it doesent Boot anymore, i see the Apple Logo and it stuck.

    Redsnow stuck on Activating Bundles
    Purplra1n stuck at "Done...Waiting!"

    Some help would be fine.

  2. #2
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Same problem with my iphone 3GS (3.0.1 stuked on booting)

  3. #3
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    same with my 3gs(
    someone tell me please if I have to wait for 3.1 jb, or use sim-adaptor?
    now I'm on 3.01 with apple logo, maybe there's already a tool to fix it?

  4. #4
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I think 1st way its waiting until pwngtool 3.1. release.... to prepare custome firmware (new 3.1 + old baseband) but we dont have any information re ETA

    Any other ways to solve this problem?
    Last edited by jagga; 09-15-2009 at 04:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. #5
    Green Apple MrBucket101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    sauriks article stated that he hadn't generated the "SHSH Blobs" for the 3.0.1 firmware.

    so my guess is that at the current point in time, you cannot restore to 3.0.1, only 3.0.

    I have no doubt though that saurik will generate these blobs as soon as the dust starts to settle.

  6. #6
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I have a jailbroken 3GS doing the same boot cycle thing, but i'm still on 3.0. Will I be able to use Saurik's server to downgrade? I'm pretty sure I didn't save any ECID files...thanks!

  7. #7
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBucket101 View Post
    sauriks article stated that he hadn't generated the "SHSH Blobs" for the 3.0.1 firmware.

    so my guess is that at the current point in time, you cannot restore to 3.0.1, only 3.0.

    I have no doubt though that saurik will generate these blobs as soon as the dust starts to settle.
    So, you think that im able to do restore to 3.0 using saurik server withion SHSH files on Saurik`s server?

  8. #8
    Green Apple MrBucket101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by donrosco View Post
    I have a jailbroken 3GS doing the same boot cycle thing, but i'm still on 3.0. Will I be able to use Saurik's server to downgrade? I'm pretty sure I didn't save any ECID files...thanks!
    If you don't have an ECID SHSH file, on cydia's server then you can't perform the downgrade using cydia's server to trick iTunes
    Last edited by MrBucket101; 09-15-2009 at 05:26 AM.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to MrBucket101 For This Useful Post:

    donrosco (09-15-2009)

  10. #9
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Oh well, back to the waiting game then. Thanks anyway...

  11. #10
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBucket101 View Post
    If you don't have an ECID SHSH file, on cydia's server then you can't perform the downgrade using cydia's server to trick iTunes
    He means not downgrade but restore.
    Are we able to perform restore using saurik guidline without ECID SHSH file?

  12. #11
    Green Apple MrBucket101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jagga View Post
    He means not downgrade but restore.
    Are we able to perform restore using saurik guidline without ECID SHSH file?
    i meant both :P

    if theres no file on the cydia server, then iTunes will just fail to hash the firmware so it won't be restored anyways.


    atm the only way to restore/downgrade your phone to any firmware other than 3.1, is with the cydia server using sauriks method

    its like that because apple stopped signing the 3.0, 3.01 firmwares. Which is what the cydia server does.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts