Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade then redsn0w how not to hactivate to preserve push notifications

Default Downgrade then redsn0w how not to hactivate to preserve push notifications
    I'm speaking under correction, but, as far as I know, resn0w hactivates the iPhone when jailbreaking, weather you want it to or not (only if the phone has not been activated yet)

I would prefer iTunes to activate the phone, as I'm on a legitimate carrier and want my push notifications to work properly

is there a way to jailbreak the phone using resn0w without hactivating so I can use iTunes to activate once the process is complete? anyone?

If I read correctly redsn0w detects the simcard present in the iphone while jailbreaking. If it is the official sim it will not hacktivate, if it's unofficial it will. All you have to do is have official simcard while jailbreaking and then activate in itunes. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by maly00 View Post
    If I read correctly redsn0w detects the simcard present in the iphone while jailbreaking. If it is the official sim it will not hacktivate, if it's unofficial it will. All you have to do is have official simcard while jailbreaking and then activate in itunes. Correct me if i'm wrong.
    thanx for this major relief....

may I ask where you read this? just want to do some digging myself as well

Quote Originally Posted by maly00 View Post
    I have also heard this, although I don't really "know". I am nearly 100% certain, though, that purplera1n doesn't do any of this push stuff, so it is safe. (For the record: I am official and I use redsn0w and I've had no issues.)

Um, easiest fix I can think of. Activate it in itunes first. then jailbreak. If you are on the official carrier, itunes should activate it automatically as soon as the restore is done anyway. At least that's how it's worked for me on my 4 or 5 restores.

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    Um, easiest fix I can think of. Activate it in itunes first. then jailbreak. If you are on the official carrier, itunes should activate it automatically as soon as the restore is done anyway. At least that's how it's worked for me on my 4 or 5 restores.
    this thread is specifically with regards to activation after downgrading, it isn't possible to activate with itunes first, as the phone only boots into recovery mode after the downgrade, because the baseband downgrade failed, it only boots up fully after the jailbreak.... which was pretty much the whole point of my question

Same thing here any why to activate the phone after jailbreaking? Since i cant get out of recovery mode without jailbreaking. I haven't had any luck with iRecovery.

Quote Originally Posted by ofm05 View Post
    Same thing here any why to activate the phone after jailbreaking? Since i cant get out of recovery mode without jailbreaking. I haven't had any luck with iRecovery.
    try running quickpwn 225-2 (google "QuickPwn-225-2" for download)

it's an old jailbreak tool, but used to bring the phone out of recovery mode automatically, might work

i haven't tried downgrading yet, so i can't test