+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How did you find out about the original ECID hash capture?

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hi, If you have your 3.0.x ECID SHSH on Saurik's Cydia server, could you please share how you found out about it...how you learned to go do it. I missed
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How did you find out about the original ECID hash capture?
    Hi,

If you have your 3.0.x ECID SHSH on Saurik's Cydia server, could you please share how you found out about it...how you learned to go do it.

I missed out because I hadn't used Cydia for a while and didn't hear about it in any of the normal places (Twitter of dev team members, hackint0sh, dev team blog, iClarified, hackthatphone, etc.) before it was too late. It appears that Saurik didn't announce it.

I'm trying to make sure I'm not missing an important news/info source.

Thanks for any answers!

PS:
    I just joined this site because Saurik's brilliant article directed me here. I started with the original iPhone 2 years ago and have gone through all the JB/unlock routines since then. I now have a jailbroken 3GS on 3.0.1.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sometime tonight Saurik is going to have an option added to the Cydia home page that will allow you to hash your phone's signature to Cydia. Unfortunately, this will only allow you to downgrade to 3.1 in the future because Apple has prevented this in 3.0 (which is why the option was removed from Cydia in the first place). You will be able to do the 3.1 hash even though you are running a JB 3.0 phone. It also shouldn't be a problem for you since a JB for 3.1 seems to be imminent.

Sign up for alerts from Saurik's twitter as I am sure he will let us know when it is available.

Sometime tonight Saurik is going to have an option added to the Cydia home page that will allow you to hash your phone's signature to Cydia. Unfortunately, this will only allow you to downgrade to 3.1 in the future because Apple has prevented this in 3.0 (which is why the option was removed from Cydia in the first place). You will be able to do the 3.1 hash even though you are running a JB 3.0 phone. It also shouldn't be a problem for you since a JB for 3.1 seems to be imminent.

Sign up for alerts from Saurik's twitter as I am sure he will let us know when it is available.
    Last edited by plegra97; 09-14-2009 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the update. I saw Saurik's post about that in another thread. I'll be sure to check it out. It's only for future downgrading of 3.1 I think.

Back to my original question though...

How did you all find out about doing the original 3.0.x ECID file capture to the Cydia server last week? Was it announced somewhere? Did you just luck out and happen to go to Cydia on the right day?

Thanks again for any answers?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    Thanks for the update. I saw Saurik's post about that in another thread. I'll be sure to check it out. It's only for future downgrading of 3.1 I think.

Back to my original question though...

How did you all find out about doing the original 3.0.x ECID file capture to the Cydia server last week? Was it announced somewhere? Did you just luck out and happen to go to Cydia on the right day?

Thanks again for any answers?
    i run cydia daily for new stuff and updates when im bored at work or school. it popped up and i said hell yeah

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I don't remember where I saw it (some forum or another). But I saw someone posted that saurik had updated cydia. So I opened cydia, it came with that popup that says updates available, with the option to update essential or cancel. I picked update essential, said "make my life easier" when cydia restarted. I'm glad I did. It made my life easier knowing that I can now restore my phone again if I need to.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to L00i3 For This Useful Post:

Coral11 (09-14-2009), nhoj_yelbom (09-14-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    I don't remember where I saw it (some forum or another). But I saw someone posted that saurik had updated cydia. So I opened cydia, it came with that popup that says updates available, with the option to update essential or cancel. I picked update essential, said "make my life easier" when cydia restarted. I'm glad I did. It made my life easier knowing that I can now restore my phone again if I need to.
    +1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for sharing! Looks like I just was unlucky because I didn't check into Cydia on the right day(s). Hopefully, Jay will start keeping us posted through Twitter whenever he offers these new functions/services.

Thanks

I think the reason he didn't announce it was that he only just got it running. He probably wanted to give it a day or two to make sure the server side of things was working correctly before publicising it and starting the deluge of users.

Unfortunately, Apple pulled the plug on 3.0 before we got to this point.

As to your original Q, I got lucky I guess. I happened to launch Cydia, did the essential upgrades, and when I saw the "make my life easier" option, I figured that I trust saurik and took his advice and selected it. Very happy to have done so!
    My guide to customising Buuf2! / Create your own Buuf2 icons! / Buuf2 iPhone wallpapers flickr pool!
    Having trouble finding a Buuf2 icon? Search the thread with the paperclip!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My whole issue started as a i was doing a complete upgrade in Cydia and then when my phone rebooted it would go to the apple and then shut off. I was toying with it for hours trying to figure it out but couldnt so eventually just restored it 5 hours later to 3.1 and never got the information saved.

So what does that mean for me who never got it saved?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol1 View Post
    I think the reason he didn't announce it was that he only just got it running. He probably wanted to give it a day or two to make sure the server side of things was working correctly before publicising it and starting the deluge of users.

Unfortunately, Apple pulled the plug on 3.0 before we got to this point.

As to your original Q, I got lucky I guess. I happened to launch Cydia, did the essential upgrades, and when I saw the "make my life easier" option, I figured that I trust saurik and took his advice and selected it. Very happy to have done so!
    That is exactly what i did as well. I tend to check Cydia daily for any updtates/upgrades and saw his message. Normally Id be wary, but I do trust Saurik and went for it. Soooo glad.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i just happened upon it on the cydia front page and decided to do it even though i had my purplera1nyday files saved on my computer, just lucky i guess, since i passed over it several times, but i open cydia at least twice a day so it kept looking at me...had to do it

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

guess it was just luck. I check into cydia daily or every two days for updates. I saw the post on the front page. I wasn't exactly sure what I meant, but since I consider saurik a trusted source and there was a button "Make my life easier" which was the opposite button to "No, I hate jailbreak" I just did it.

it was pretty unlucky for a lot of people that apple stoped signing 3.0 shortly after that.