+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.1 FW came out on 9/9/09 and I jailbroke on Sep 5th

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
My Gf bought brand new 3gs 32gb on Sep 5th and that time their was NO official FW 3.1 I jailbroke her 3gS on Sep/5/2009 and I check marked ''Install
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3.1 FW came out on 9/9/09 and I jailbroke on Sep 5th
    My Gf bought brand new 3gs 32gb on Sep 5th and that time their was NO official FW 3.1

I jailbroke her 3gS on Sep/5/2009 and I check marked ''Install Cydia'' and "Install Icy" but after running Cydia, I never got any message like '' Make my life easier'' My Cydia does not show at top that ''This 3gS has files''

I've the latest Cydia version, Why my files were never stored, or may be they are stored, but as I said on top of Cydia screen, I don't see any ''This 3gS has files''

I did not miss anything and I did not do anything wrong. What could have happened? Anyone is similar situation? When I jailbroke on Sep/5/2009, I used redsn0w and the latest Cydia was automatically installed after I check marked it.
    Last edited by destinationdarkness; 09-14-2009 at 09:49 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

It may have been shut down by the time you jailbroke your phone, I don't remember the exact date when "make my life easier" was on the Cydia homepage or when it was taken down. But, according to Saurik, you will have that option again at some point tonight. You can still be running your 3.0 jailbroken phone but Cydia will store your ECID for a future 3.1 downgrade. Assuming the Dev Team comes out with a jailbreak for 3.1 it won't really matter that you didn't get your ECID the first time.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So tomorrow if I run Cydia and ''Make my life easier'' pops up, it will store files for 3.1 even though my 3gS is running 3.0.0 FW? Shouldn't Cydia be fetching files for the FW running inside the phone, in my case, 3.0.0? Ok, I get it, it will hopefully tonight or tomorrow grab necessary files, but those files will be useless as of now?
    Last edited by destinationdarkness; 09-14-2009 at 09:51 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Go to Using 3.0 3GS, ECID not on file with Cydia..

Read the reply from Saurik. What he is saying is that if you didn't respond to the "Make My Life Easier" thing last week then he is going to make it available tonight again. Only thing is that this time your 3.0 JB iPhone 3GS will be hashing your signatures for 3.1

Make sure you pay attention to when this becomes available because I did it for 3.0 on my phone but was a little too late because Apple issued a release that disabled the process for 3.0 before my information could be hashed and they could do the same for 3.1 if you are not on top of it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plegra97 View Post
    Go to Using 3.0 3GS, ECID not on file with Cydia..

Read the reply from Saurik. What he is saying is that if you didn't respond to the "Make My Life Easier" thing last week then he is going to make it available tonight again. Only thing is that this time your 3.0 JB iPhone 3GS will be hashing your signatures for 3.1

Make sure you pay attention to when this becomes available because I did it for 3.0 on my phone but was a little too late because Apple issued a release that disabled the process for 3.0 before my information could be hashed and they could do the same for 3.1 if you are not on top of it.
    Is the new prompt up yet? Still don't see anything :/

Green Apple
    Thanks

Not that I've seen. Mine is already hashed for 3.1 since I attempted to hash for 3.0 so I am not going to see the option in Cydia. I assume Saurik will let us know via twitter when it becomes available so follow him there.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't see any prompt either, no changes at all in Cydia.

Green Apple
    Thanks

anything yet?