Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Using 3.0 3GS, ECID not on file with Cydia..

Default Using 3.0 3GS, ECID not on file with Cydia..
    OK, I am still running the original 3.0 software on my jailbroken 3GS and have gotten my IBEC and IBSS files back when purplerain developed the program. But, I was too late when I tried to put my info on file with Cydia

So, is it possible for me to use the new program developed by Saurik tonight without upgrading to 3.1? I am not going to upgrade until there is a jailbreak out for 3.1 that is verified and working.

Thanks

I'd wait until Cydia prompts you to backup your files for you. But that's just me.

But is Cydia going to be able to backup my files using 3.0 in the future? When I tried to do it last week I got a messsage that said "This iPhone 3GS is not hashed for 3.0: too late". I seems like the only way to get your ECID via Cydia is by running 3.1 on your phone, which I currently am not. He also says that he hopes to have hundreds of thousands of people protected using 3.1 before Apple issues a release that will prevent obtaining your ECID in 3.1 just as it did with 3.0 (which is what happened to me last week)

If this is the case then I am in a tight spot. I guess I would have to do one of the following:

1. Upgrade to 3.1 and use Cydia's program to get my ECID but lose my jailbreak until if/when the Dev Team develops one for 3.1
    2. Stay with 3.0 for now and risk losing the opportunity for Cydia to get my ECID if Apple issues a release that blocks it but still keeping my phone jailbroken.

To be honest, I am leaning towards #2... if my phone was not jailbroken it would become infinitely less useful. But, god forbid something happens to my phone and I have to restore it I may be stuck restoring to 3.1 anyway.

Damn you Apple!!

Quote Originally Posted by plegra97 View Post
    Damn you Apple!!
    I concur

But is Cydia going to be able to backup my files using 3.0 in the future? When I tried to do it last week I got a messsage that said "This iPhone 3GS is not hashed for 3.0: too late". I seems like the only way to get your ECID via Cydia is by running 3.1 on your phone, which I currently am not.
    If your phone says "is not hashed for 3.0" it happens to already be hashed for 3.1. If you never reacted to the dialog, then you will get a chance, on 3.0, to request 3.1 signatures to be hashed and stored later tonight.

So, since the top of my Cydia homepage says "not hashed for 3.0: too late" it means that I am already hashed for 3.1? I guess that means that in the future I will not be able to downgrade to 3.0 but I will be able to downgrade to 3.1. I guess as long as the Dev Team is able to develop a JB for 3.1 then I will be fine.

Am I right?

Also, thanks for getting back to me Saurik. All of your hard work and dedication to the millions of iPhone users out there does not go unappreciated.

Yeah, I guess I don't know. I read and re-read Saurik's post, but apparently I still don't fully understand the process fully.

Default need help
    A couple of days ago my cydia read that this 3gs has asn Ecid on file; now its reading that this phone is not hashed for 3.0.. what happened and what do i need to do?

Saurik said in another post that there were about 300 people who he thought he was able to get their ECID and sent them the message saying their ECID was on file but then realized last night that it was an error and updated those people's Cydia so now it says that your ECID is not on file. However, your ECID IS on file for 3.1. So, I think this means that you will able to use this new system to downgrade to 3.1 in the future but not 3.0. No big deal since it seems that the dev team has found an exploit for 3.1 and a JB should be available soon.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to plegra97 For This Useful Post:

hgZ516 (09-15-2009)

Saurik said tonight, It's 330 EST and I don't see any change in Cydia, I don't see ''Files hashed'' My Cydia version no. 1.0.3030-62

P.S I've no sim card in the 3gs and FW is 3.0(7A341)
    Last edited by destinationdarkness; 09-15-2009 at 02:45 AM.

mine isn't on file either I hope there will be a way to get mine backed up with Cydia,..
    I'm using 3.0 right now
    unrelated
    QUESTION::!
    is there anyway to jailbreak a 3.0.1 3G[s]that has never been jailbroken before and obviously doesn't have the ecid file on file.

Yes, you can jailbreak a phone that is using 3.0.1 but when you jailbreak it you have to instruct the phone to use the 3.0 IPSW. This is what the dev team blog says:

You can use redsn0w to jailbreak any iPhone or iPod Touch using OS X, Windows, or Linux. For both 3.0 and 3.0.1 firmwares, you should point redsn0w at the 3.0 IPSW. If you see it hang at “waiting for reboot”, just unplug and replug that USB cable.

Finally, if you did not get your ECID saved for 3.0 then you will not be able to downgrade to 3.0 or 3.0.1 ever. You will be able to downgrade to 3.1 if you store your ECID when Saurik makes it available through Cydia today

Wait. WTF. Where is everyone seeing things about "Hashed for 3.0" and "hashed for 3.1"? I have nothing of that nature nywhere in Cydia. I'm confused. Help please? Fck Apple.

Yes, you can jailbreak a phone that is using 3.0.1 but when you jailbreak it you have to instruct the phone to use the 3.0 IPSW. This is what the dev team blog says:

You can use redsn0w to jailbreak any iPhone or iPod Touch using OS X, Windows, or Linux. For both 3.0 and 3.0.1 firmwares, you should point redsn0w at the 3.0 IPSW. If you see it hang at “waiting for reboot”, just unplug and replug that USB cable.

Finally, if you did not get your ECID saved for 3.0 then you will not be able to downgrade to 3.0 or 3.0.1 ever. You will be able to downgrade to 3.1 if you store your ECID when Saurik makes it available through Cydia today

So reffering to the 3.0.1 3G[S] I can jailbreak it just using redsnow using the 3.0 IPSW.

and you're saying that if I ever want to downgrade to 3.0 I have to get my ECID backed up through cydia.

Bump
    Last edited by elcid316; 09-15-2009 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have a 3GS (3.0)and have the IBSS / IBEC files, but was too late to capture my ECID SHSH to Cydia. Am i still able to do this in a later stage?

I cannot see ''Hashed for 3.1" either. Is Cydia updated yet? Only change I saw in Cydia today was that ******* was updated. When ''Make my life easier'' will appear on Cydia for 3.1 file storing? People said last night.

I don't think it's been updated yet. I am going to start a post called "All the Rules for Downgrading your iPhone 3GS" and try to explain all the scenarios since people have questions spread out across many different threads. Go there and try and find your scenario and if you still don't get it post a question there. It should be up in about 20 minutes.

I'm with KawiKami. I, too, have not seen anything in Cydia about "hashed for 3.0 or hashed for 3.1." I check Cydia every day and have never seen any info on hashing or prompts to do so. I have changed my host settings for Itunes. Now what? Saurik's Twitter stated he would be adding the UI to Cydia, but that was 22 hours ago. I don't want to miss the window-any ideas?