The Cydia Store F.A.Q.

ModMyi.com is a default host in Cydia ©, and one of Cydia's features is the Cydia Store, which allows you to sell a package in Cydia without having to manage any of the actual payment systems yourself.
 
You can quickly and easily submit packages to be hosted by ModMyi.com in the Cydia Store by visiting our Dev Portal.
 
We get a lot of questions on how the Cydia Store process works, and this page attempts to answer most of the basic questions.
 

How do I get paid?

 
The Cydia Store pays out on the 1st and 15th of each month (sometimes within a day of those numbers), for all cleared payments over 30 days old. This means your initial payment will be around 5-6 weeks after you publish your first Cydia Store package, as the payments will need to clear and stay cleared for 30 days (to ensure they are not returned), then whenever the next 1st or 15th of the month comes you will be paid via PayPal.
 

Do I get 100% of the income?

 
You as the seller get 70% of the income. The remaining 30% goes to the Cydia Store to cover fees, taxes, and profit.
 

How long does it take to get approved?

 
All Cydia Store packages are processed generally within 2-4 days, unless there is missing information or need to discuss the package further. We will contact you via the email you provide as the contact email when you submit should there be any issues.
 

How can I check my sales?

 
The Cydia Store has a web interface which allows you to track your sales and income per package, and total. You are shown a list of all your packages hosted with Cydia Store. For each package, you are able to view total downloads, current sales price, and pending earnings, as well as a graph of sales trending. If your Cydia account is not tied correctly to your packages, you will need to log in to the dev portal and click the email button in stats to associate your package with your account.
 

Do I need to be 18? Do I need to use my real name?

 
You do not have to be any certain age, but you do need to provide your full legal name (or your business's full legal name if you are selling as a business) and country of residence in order to sell packages.
 

I have a free app/theme on Cydia already, I'd like to make that cost money now. Can I do that?

 
No - Cydia does not allow free packages to be moved to paid packages.
 

I found some sweet photos on Google Images, and did all the work putting them together myself for a Cydia Store package, but was rejected by your dumb repo... what the crap?

 
Since you are accepting income for these packages, they must be wholly owned and originally created by you. Exceptions will be made if you have consent in writing from the original author to use their content in a paid theme.