• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • iOS 6 Untethered Jailbreak Tool evasi0n Version 1.1 Now Available for Download


    The evad3rs have just updated the download links on the evasi0n Web site with downloads to version 1.1 of the evasi0n jailbreak tool. The evasi0n jailbreak tool can be used to jailbreak untethered any iOS 6, iOS 6.0.1, iOS 6.0.2, or iOS 6.1 device on Mac OS X, Windows, or Linux.

    The update to version 1.1 includes the fixes that were released to jailbreakers in the form of an evasi0n 6.0-6.1 untethered jailbreak Cydia package this afternoon. The update should fix the problem people are experiencing with the Weather application crashing and with the long boot times.

    If you have jailbroken your device(s) already, you should upgrade the evasi0n iOS 6.0-6.1 untethered jailbreak package in Cydia rather than re-run the updated tool over your existing jailbreak. New jailbreakers should use the updated version 1.1 evasi0n tool to jailbreak their devices.

    With iOS 6.1.1 on the horizon, it would be a good idea to get all of your devices jailbroken before iOS 6.1.1 is released to the public, as it is expected to patch the evasi0n jailbreak exploits. Our guide on jailbreaking your iOS 6 device with evasi0n can be found here.

    You can download the updated tool at evasi0n.com.

    Sources: evasi0n via planetbeing
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iOS 6 Untethered Jailbreak Tool evasi0n Version 1.1 Now Available for Download started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 127 Comments
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
      Yes it is. There is a package called Belfry. It installs the stock clock, calculator, compass, stocks, voice memos and weather.
      O yay!! Great find, King. I've looked everywhere. That's what's great about this place. There's always someone else that's looked even harder than you have!
    1. Bloodwork's Avatar
      Bloodwork -
      Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwork View Post
      I can't seem to find UiKit Tools in my cydia, installed list.
      Thanks, but it didn't work for me.
    1. Sniper488's Avatar
      Sniper488 -
      Belfry won't work anymore.
    1. King_O_Hill's Avatar
      King_O_Hill -
      Quote Originally Posted by Sniper488 View Post
      Belfry won't work anymore.
      I didn't say it worked, I just said it existed!
    1. Sniper488's Avatar
      Sniper488 -
      Lol!

      Funny thing, I just checked privacy/location settings and the weather app is still there to turn on or off.
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
      I didn't say it worked, I just said it existed!
      You and your "semantics" games, King. I think we'd all prefer good 'data', bro.

      As I said. There's no way to get Apple's Weather app on an iPad. Sheesh... :/
    1. King_O_Hill's Avatar
      King_O_Hill -
      I honestly didn't know it wasn't working. I had installed it on a couple of my iPads a long time ago.

      You never know, it may be updated.

      Besides, that would be like saying gridlock doesn't exist, just because it doesn't work on 6.1
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
      I honestly didn't know it wasn't working. I had installed it on a couple of my iPads a long time ago.

      You never know, it may be updated.

      Besides, that would be like saying gridlock doesn't exist, just because it doesn't work on 6.1
      I was actually giving him the answer to his question. Apple does not provide WeatherApp for iPad. He thought something had changed with ios6. I was correcting that notion as iPad has never, STOCK, included WeatherAPP, etc, on iPads.
    1. King_O_Hill's Avatar
      King_O_Hill -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      Actually WeatherApp for iPad is NOT available in Cydia. There are tweaks for Weather in Cydia for an iPad but not the original Apple weather app we have on iPhone.
      I didn't know that apple controlled cydia? This is what I commented on. Three you go again, trying to make it seem that I was out of context. Look at my post above, this is what I commented on and you made a 100.% FALSE statement. Just because it has not been updated doesn't mean you can't use it. It works just fine on 5.1.1
    1. dakidinblk's Avatar
      dakidinblk -
      My cydia try's to remove the update and is in the package que as remove really need some help :'(
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
      I didn't know that apple controlled cydia? This is what I commented on. Three you go again, trying to make it seem that I was out of context. Look at my post above, this is what I commented on and you made a 100.% FALSE statement. Just because it has not been updated doesn't mean you can't use it. It works just fine on 5.1.1
      My original context was crystal clear. It is you who went "left field", King, ole buddy.. .. I explained how in my last post. Nuff said. You love "semantics games", bro. Lol!! Moving on.
    1. King_O_Hill's Avatar
      King_O_Hill -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post

      Actually WeatherApp for iPad is NOT available in Cydia.
      How did I possibly misinterpret this???

      Belfry exists in cydia that installs the native weather app. You were dead wrong and now you are just making crap up to look like I have no idea what I'm talking about. There weren't any semantics involved here. You made a completely false statement! Period.

      Whatever you want to say to make yourself look good.
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
      How did I possibly misinterpret this???

      Belfry exists in cydia that installs the native weather app. You were dead wrong and now you are just making crap up to look like I have no idea what I'm talking about. There weren't any semantics involved here. You made a completely false statement! Period.

      Whatever you want to say to make yourself look good.
      You do what my father has done all his life to people. You know DAMN well what a person means (In this case, me, in response to that poster), you understand it perfectly, but then you find an angle you can come in and play with the semantics of the words a little bit to make you look like you know more than the other person. You do this all the time, King.

      The original poster I responded to made it very clear by his question that he simply didn't understand that many iPhone stock apps that aren't on the iPad stock as well. That's all he was misunderstanding. I made a completely TRUE statement that many stock apps are not on the iPad. Completely true!!! That's all he was misunderstanding and you well knew that, bro! And then you come out of left field with something about a way to get them in Cydia. The proof of what I'm saying about your angle is it never occurs to you to say something like this:
      "Grant's right to say that there are many stock apps in iPhone that aren't on iPad but you can get them through Cydia with a tweak called Belfry."(Which DOESN'T work at the present time.) That's all you had to say, King, but you took it as an opportunity to try to prop yourself up; to be the "King of the Hill". You do this constantly. And it gets on my nerves (not just mine). Yeah, I know, I get on your nerves too. .
    1. King_O_Hill's Avatar
      King_O_Hill -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      You do what my father has done all his life to people. You know DAMN well what a person means (In this case, me, in response to that poster), you understand it perfectly, but then you find an angle you can come in and play with the semantics of the words a little bit to make you look like you know more than the other person. You do this all the time, King.

      The original poster I responded to made it very clear by his question that he simply didn't understand that many iPhone stock apps that aren't on the iPad stock as well. That's all he was misunderstanding. I made a completely TRUE statement that many stock apps are not on the iPad. Completely true!!! That's all he was misunderstanding and you well knew that, bro! And then you come out of left field with something about a way to get them in Cydia. The proof of what I'm saying about your angle is it never occurs to you to say something like this:
      "Grant's right to say that there are many stock apps in iPhone that aren't on iPad but you can get them through Cydia with a tweak called Belfry."(Which DOESN'T work at the present time.) That's all you had to say, King, but you took it as an opportunity to try to prop yourself up; to be the "King of the Hill". You do this constantly. And it gets on my nerves (not just mine). Yeah, I know, I get on your nerves too. .
      This was the original post:

      Quote Originally Posted by iH85CH001 View Post
      Because people (like me) didnt like it there. U can still install it from cydia though.
      He said that you can install it through Cydia.

      You replied that you can NOT install it from Cydia.

      I replied that it is in Cydia. To which you thanked me because according to you, I looked harder than you.

      This is really straight forward.

      You my friend are out in left field. Go back and read what was posted before you go off on a rant about your father issues. There are professionals that can help you with that.

      Stop making issues out of nothing and constantly dragging threads off topic.
    1. Krima's Avatar
      Krima -
      Ok slow down guys. Give me about a minute and a half before the next reply. That's about how long it will take for my popcorn to be ready.
    1. King_O_Hill's Avatar
      King_O_Hill -
      Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
      Ok slow down guys. Give me about a minute and a half before the next reply. That's about how long it will take for my popcorn to be ready.
      Too late! I'm done with this crap. He blew this waaay out of proportion like usual.
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Weather on iPad 4
      Attachment 620967Attachment 620968Attachment 620969
    1. Krima's Avatar
      Krima -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      U just had to do it Simon. U just had to prove NewDestiny wrong again. For this I don't think I will through u a thanks.

      What the hell here's one coming your way friend.
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by iH85CH001 View Post
      Because people (like me) didnt like it there. U can still install it from cydia though.
      This was the original post
      No it wasn't. Let's do a careful review.

      THIS was the original post to which I replied.

      Quote Originally Posted by Sniper488 View Post
      Why'd they leave out the weather app in this update for iPads?
      To which I replied:
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      WeatherApp has never been available on iPads. Neither is Stocks app. Why? Something silly in Apple's mind, as usual. :-)
      TO which someone else also talk about it being available (the stock Weather APP itself) being in Cydia. To which I said:

      Actually WeatherApp for iPad is NOT available in Cydia. There are tweaks for Weather in Cydia for an iPad but not the original Apple weather app we have on iPhone.
      Then you started your 're-direct:
      Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
      Yes it is. There is a package called Belfry. It installs the stock clock, calculator, compass, stocks, voice memos and weather.
      This is where you start doing the semantics thing. The original poster wasn't the least bit interested in Cydia package in his original post to which I responded. He was 'thinking' that iPad should have (as I do) the same stock apps as iPhone. They do not. You did not acknowledge that but went down another path of sharing about Cydia alternatives - TO WHICH-- in GRATEFUL response, I stated:
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      O yay!! Great find, King. I've looked everywhere. That's what's great about this place. There's always someone else that's looked even harder than you have!
      Then someone told you Bellfry wasn't working to which you started your fancy backpedalling dance.
      Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
      I didn't say it worked, I just said it existed!
      Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
      I honestly didn't know it wasn't working. I had installed it on a couple of my iPads a long time ago.
      You never know, it may be updated.
      Besides, that would be like saying gridlock doesn't exist, just because it doesn't work on 6.1
      More fancy dancing trying to stay 'King of the Hill'..
      Go back and read what was posted before you go off on a rant
      I'm always completely clear about the contexts to which I respond, King. It was you who got lost in this one. I just needed you to see how you 're-direct' a conversation many times completely away from the need of the poster and blame 'me' for bad info. What I stated to Sniper - the original poster was 100% correct. iPad does NOT have same stock apps. Cydia also does not have that same exact app - it comes as part of another tweak that is no longer functions - but for the existence of which I was grateful to know for the future.

      I just get tired of you telling me I'm wrong by building a case by not acknowledging the original poster's intent. It's disingenuous and it creates tension and misunderstanding and just plain bad info in some of these threads. It was you who redirected this thread, my friend, with the discussion of Belfry. Not I. (this time )

      But we've beat this dead horse. This is where Simon rides in and tells us to quit it. PM me if you want more.. LOL!!

      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      NEW addition to iPad 4, Simon? My iPad 3 still doesn't have it. Did Sniper say he had an iP4? But good to know! Apple is 'getting it'. Stocks included on iP4 now?

      Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
      U just had to do it Simon. U just had to prove NewDestiny wrong again. For this I don't think I will through u a thanks.
      Not quite. That's a new addition then. My iPad3 does not have Weather App - unless that's a new iOS 6 thing. Something made Sniper ask us WHY Apple hadn't included Weather on his iPad. I immediately knew what he meant since it's been a frustration of mine for quite a while.
    1. King_O_Hill's Avatar
      King_O_Hill -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      No it wasn't. Let's do a careful review.

      THIS was the original post to which I replied.



      To which I replied:


      TO which someone else also talk about it being available (the stock Weather APP itself) being in Cydia. To which I said:

      Then you started your 're-direct:
      This is where you start doing the semantics thing. The original poster wasn't the least bit interested in Cydia package in his original post to which I responded. He was 'thinking' that iPad should have (as I do) the same stock apps as iPhone. They do not. You did not acknowledge that but went down another path of sharing about Cydia alternatives - TO WHICH-- in GRATEFUL response, I stated:

      Then someone told you Bellfry wasn't working to which you started your fancy backpedalling dance.

      More fancy dancing trying to stay 'King of the Hill'..
      I'm always completely clear about the contexts to which I respond, King. It was you who got lost in this one. I just needed you to see how you 're-direct' a conversation many times completely away from the need of the poster and blame 'me' for bad info. What I stated to Sniper - the original poster was 100% correct. iPad does NOT have same stock apps. Cydia also does not have that same exact app - it comes as part of another tweak that is no longer functions - but for the existence of which I was grateful to know for the future.

      I just get tired of you telling me I'm wrong by building a case by not acknowledging the original poster's intent. It's disingenuous and it creates tension and misunderstanding and just plain bad info in some of these threads. It was you who redirected this thread, my friend, with the discussion of Belfry. Not I. (this time )

      But we've beat this dead horse. This is where Simon rides in and tells us to quit it. PM me if you want more.. LOL!!

      NEW addition to iPad 4. My iPad 3 still doesn't have it. Did Sniper say he had an iP4? But good to know! Apple is 'getting it'. Stocks included on iP4 now?
      I don't use belfry anymore, I just knew it existed. I did not know it wasn't updated. Apparently you didn't like my joke about it.

      Then you went off on some tangent. There weren't any semantics involved.

      IT WAS A JOKE! SEE THE BIG GRIN I PUT UNDER IT.

      Learn to freakin relax. Every time I post some thing, you want to turn it into a big effin deal.