• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • iOS 6 Untethered Jailbreak Tool evasi0n Version 1.1 Now Available for Download


    The evad3rs have just updated the download links on the evasi0n Web site with downloads to version 1.1 of the evasi0n jailbreak tool. The evasi0n jailbreak tool can be used to jailbreak untethered any iOS 6, iOS 6.0.1, iOS 6.0.2, or iOS 6.1 device on Mac OS X, Windows, or Linux.

    The update to version 1.1 includes the fixes that were released to jailbreakers in the form of an evasi0n 6.0-6.1 untethered jailbreak Cydia package this afternoon. The update should fix the problem people are experiencing with the Weather application crashing and with the long boot times.

    If you have jailbroken your device(s) already, you should upgrade the evasi0n iOS 6.0-6.1 untethered jailbreak package in Cydia rather than re-run the updated tool over your existing jailbreak. New jailbreakers should use the updated version 1.1 evasi0n tool to jailbreak their devices.

    With iOS 6.1.1 on the horizon, it would be a good idea to get all of your devices jailbroken before iOS 6.1.1 is released to the public, as it is expected to patch the evasi0n jailbreak exploits. Our guide on jailbreaking your iOS 6 device with evasi0n can be found here.

    You can download the updated tool at evasi0n.com.

    Sources: evasi0n via planetbeing
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iOS 6 Untethered Jailbreak Tool evasi0n Version 1.1 Now Available for Download started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 127 Comments
    1. ProfessorJack's Avatar
      ProfessorJack -
      Ok guys

      I've reinstalled using the jailbrake ver 1. I installed the UIKit Tools update and the weather app is working on my pad 4 6.1 I have not installed the update untether if you install this now it will crash the weather app

      My phone is working with both updates for ver 1 jailbrake

      I hope this helps some one
    1. 2k1's Avatar
      2k1 -
      I got it all updated and my weather app is working fine. Weird
    1. Koinonia's Avatar
      Koinonia -
      Quote Originally Posted by b1997469 View Post
      I have the same problem. Only Cydia is shrunk on my iPad3 and I cant do anything with it.
      Another problem I have is on a certain angle the screen goes blank. If I lay it flat its blank, if I lean it up a little it gets picture back.
      I'm hoping if I re-jailbreak it doesn't screw with Cydia. Last few times i did that with RedSn0w all my Cydia installs were gone. They were still there but Cydia didn't say so, so I wasn't sure what was installed and what wasn't.

      I'm hoping they fix it soon and release a DEB file so I can fix it as I cant update it via Cydia as thats the problem.

      Have a look at this pic for what Cydia looks like now after this Evasi0n update.
      Attachment 620686
      If you have sbsettings hit power > safe mode. Open Cydia in safe mode and it should be normal size. Now restart back to normal mode and cydia should be normal again
    1. b1997469's Avatar
      b1997469 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Koinonia View Post
      If you have sbsettings hit power > safe mode. Open Cydia in safe mode and it should be normal size. Now restart back to normal mode and cydia should be normal again
      Thanks, that worked.

      I did get the previous versions if those 2 files I installed and downgraded and its all back to normal.
      I'll update again and see if that will fix it.

      Yep, that fixed it.
    1. twitchee3's Avatar
      twitchee3 -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      So you own 4 iPhones and you want to try the iPhone 5.. You steal it - to try it.

      Love that logic.... NOT! Stealing is stealing with or without a demo period.
      this logic is fatally flawed in the digital realm because what you are "stealing" is only a copy. you take NOTHING from the developer (or artist) except potential profit for something you are obviously not even willing to pay for at that moment.

      this is a slippery slope, but because the business model we all deal with is extremely unfair in many regards (as a mathematical fact, the fractional reserve banking system all business is based on consolidates wealth in the hands of those with pre-existing capital), i have a hard time feeling bad for using an unauthorized copy of something whose creator is already enjoying a higher standard of living than me. i'm not saying that all (or any) developers (or artists) are rolling in it, just some food for thought...
    1. iphonewidow's Avatar
      iphonewidow -
      The jailbreak is fantastic. Thanks for all the hard work. Everyone who installs this jailbreak should donate $$ to the team via cydia.
    1. cjuni's Avatar
      cjuni -
      so this will work on iso 6.1
    1. King_O_Hill's Avatar
      King_O_Hill -
      Quote Originally Posted by twitchee3 View Post
      this logic is fatally flawed in the digital realm because what you are "stealing" is only a copy. you take NOTHING from the developer (or artist) except potential profit for something you are obviously not even willing to pay for at that moment.

      this is a slippery slope, but because the business model we all deal with is extremely unfair in many regards (as a mathematical fact, the fractional reserve banking system all business is based on consolidates wealth in the hands of those with pre-existing capital), i have a hard time feeling bad for using an unauthorized copy of something whose creator is already enjoying a higher standard of living than me. i'm not saying that all (or any) developers (or artists) are rolling in it, just some food for thought...
      Wow!

      I'm not sure where to begin, but I will be brief.

      Every heard of intellectual property, google it.

      So if someone has more than you it is ok for you to take from them. Exactly how long have you been a socialist? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

      Quote Originally Posted by cjuni View Post
      so this will work on iso 6.1
      ???
    1. ThatOneProfile's Avatar
      ThatOneProfile -
      The weather app fix won't work for the majority of users. Being they're pirating apps and such. You will need [...] disabled.
      EDIT: wow, they blocked [...] :P
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      So you own 4 iPhones and you want to try the iPhone 5.. You steal it - to try it.

      Love that logic.... NOT! Stealing is stealing with or without a demo period.
      I don't preach piracy and my weather app works fine on iPhone 5 and I don't have apsinc but your logic is wrong.

      If I own iPhone 4S and wanna try the 5, I buy it and if I don't like it, I return it within 30 days for full refund. Can I do that at AppStore?
    1. King_O_Hill's Avatar
      King_O_Hill -
      Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneProfile View Post
      The weather app fix won't work for the majority of users. Being they're pirating apps and such. You will need [...] disabled.
      EDIT: wow, they blocked [...] :P
      Shhhh, don't let the pirates know this.
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      I don't preach piracy and my weather app works fine on iPhone 5 and I don't have apsinc but your logic is wrong.

      If I own iPhone 4S and wanna try the 5, I buy it and if I don't like it, I return it within 30 days for full refund. Can I do that at AppStore?
      Apps are intellectual property. They can't be returned because it could never be verified that you erased the product from your drives. It's an entirely different thing. I'm keenly aware when I'm taking to "children" about this topic. I'm gonna step out of this topic now before I say something that will force the moderators to give me an infraction.

      Bottom line - piracy hurts everyone. Be a real man and pay for your tools. Don't steal them. Little less "medical reefer" $ so you can buy some tweaks, please.
    1. Zachary'a'cure's Avatar
      Zachary'a'cure -
      Quote Originally Posted by Bassvictim View Post
      For some reason, my Cydia doesn't like to open fully after a while. It will only open up to the mini page,and you can't access anything. I had this problem yesterday after I installed Auxo,and thought that was the reason - so I restored,and re-jailbroke. Everything was cool, until about 10 minutes ago - same thing started happening with Cydia again...SO, I tried reboots,resprings - a bunch of different things to see if it would get it working again - but to no avail. I figure, ok,I'll restore and re-jailbreak again....so I open iTunes,back up the phone,and hit restore - error, can't restore,and phone is now in recovery mode. I plug it in again,and iTunes asks if I want to restore AND update? Is this 6.1.1 out already? I didn't take the chance to jumping to an update,and getting screwed for another 6 months...
      Dude, you still stuck? This happened to me, turn off firewall, & antivirus! Then restore! Should work!
    1. The Guz's Avatar
      The Guz -
      Just ran the tool and no issues here on my iphone 4. The weather app works fine and no booting up issues.

      Thanks devs.
    1. The6uest's Avatar
      The6uest -
      Does it fix the respring cache bug too?
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
      Does it fix the respring cache bug too?
      Ryan Petrich's RespringCacheFix tweak will do that for you. The evasi0n update will not.
    1. redzombi2k's Avatar
      redzombi2k -
      When I ask Siri to launch an app, crash into safe mode every time. Weather app works well though 4s btw.
    1. twitchee3's Avatar
      twitchee3 -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      Apps are intellectual property. They can't be returned because it could never be verified that you erased the product from your drives. It's an entirely different thing. I'm keenly aware when I'm taking to "children" about this topic. I'm gonna step out of this topic now before I say something that will force the moderators to give me an infraction.

      Bottom line - piracy hurts everyone. Be a real man and pay for your tools. Don't steal them. Little less "medical reefer" $ so you can buy some tweaks, please.
      I'm quite familiar with the idea of intellectual property, and while I agree that artists and developers alike deserve to be compensated for their hard work, I also believe very strongly in the idea of freedom of information. New ideas improve lives, and very simple ideas can do wonders for those living in dire situations. The freedom to openly communicate without limit is the single most powerful tool human beings have to impact positive change, and limiting it, for whatever reason, has extremely dangerous implications. I believe that the spirit of jailbreaking is very much in tune with this idea of free flowing information, as we all want to be free to use our available resources to their greatest potential. That being said, I'm very aware that every situation is different, and certain tools (******* and such) can be used for nefarious purposes just as easily as they can for positive ones. You say piracy hurts everyone, but there are many different uses for these types of tools, and in some cases(probably not most, granted), the developers may benefit from people being able to try their app before purchase. Now, in the context of pirated apps, it stands to reason that the laws on the books would help developers receive their rightful compensation. However, looking at the bigger picture (outside the context of iOS developers), these laws have a much greater impact protecting large corporations while they squeeze every last penny out of the average Joe for ideas which often become integral in the accepted standard of living in our society. So, this issue is a little more complex than you make it out to be. Try looking at your fellow man as an equal with a different perspective and his (or her) own unique situation rather than being so judgmental; who knows, you might live a healthier and happier life.

      By the way, I occasionally partake in the smoking of reefer, and while I'm not particularly proud of it, I'm not ashamed either. I've also used "pirated" apps to test things out, and while that may be true, it's also true that every app, tweak, theme, or mod currently on my iPhone has been paid for in full. By the way, I work in the professional audio industry, and I can tell you that most software companies catering to this market make the bulk of their money from professional power users. When I work in a commercial studio, or in the home studio of a professional, all of their applications and plugins are legit, because you don't mix a Grammy winning album with pirated software. Because of this, as long as there is an industry, the developers, at least in this market, will be taken care of. I worry a lot less about the developers, and a lot more about the millions and millions of people who's lives could be affected by legislation which is open to interpretation and limits their access to information in general.

      As an aside, intellectual and physical property are quite different in the legal sense. In many cases, property crimes are considered violent crimes, while no intellectual offenders that I know of have been labeled violent criminals.

      Bottom line, I cannot support any efforts to limit any human being's free access to information. I don't in any way support cheating developers, but I do understand the existence and different uses for the tools that allow such things to occur, in context with countless other flawed aspects of this huge interconnected system we're all a part of.
    1. jigar7's Avatar
      jigar7 -
      I don't know why so many people are having a problem with the weather app... maybe its iPhone 5 specific.
      I have a iPhone 4S, on iOS 6.1 (restored in DFU mode) and jailbroken with evasi0n v1.0 (the initial version that released on Monday)
      The weather app works perfect... even without the untether Cydia updates. I havent yet installed the updates via Cydia.. but will update today though.

      I think restoring 6.1 in DFU mode and then jailbreaking it might not give you the weather app problem (Do not restore your phone after updating your firmware. That might just make the jailbreaking process clean and fast.)

      I have another jailbroken iPhone 4 on iOS 6.1... weather app works perfect in that too. Probably this problem is PC specific.. the antivirus used... etc... have no idea. I just thought I should post about the procedure i followed to get a weather-bug free Jailbreak.

      Hope this helps... else you will just have to wait for a fix... but I really dont care about the weather app... at least I got my jailbreak.
    1. Bloodwork's Avatar
      Bloodwork -
      Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUnDeaD View Post
      who already owns Appsyn. YOU DONT REALLY NEED TO RE-JAILBREAK !! just follow these steps
      1.Uninstall Appsyn.
      2.Reinstall UiKit Tools version 1.1.7
      3.Reboot your device
      4.Weather app should be working now
      5.Reinstall Appsyn.
      6.Weather App still works also (:
      I can't seem to find UiKit Tools in my cydia, installed list.