• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Ten Wonderful iPhone 5-Compatible Jailbreak Tweaks We Love


    With the iPhone 5 having been finally jailbroken (here's how to do it), Cydia dwellers are being cautious not to install tweaks on it unless itís known that theyíre compatible to avoid conflicts and crashing. Here are some rather nice jailbreak tweaks that weíve confirmed work just fine on the iPhone 5. Additionally, you'll find a developing list, under these 10 jailbreak tweaks, containing other tweaks we know are iPhone 5-compatible.

    1. Auxo

    Auxo is a great app switcher replacement for the iPhone and iPod touch. iPad support is coming soon. The current version of Auxo runs fine on the iPhone 5 with no crashing. The tweak takes into account the iPhone 5ís taller display, and adjusts the screenshot sizes in the app switcher accordingly. Also, users donít have to scroll down to reveal the volume slider in the iPod controls on the iPhone 5. Auxo is $1.99 in the BigBoss repository.



    2. TetherMe

    TetherMe is my personal favorite solution for unauthorized tethering, as it unlocks a feature that is already built into iOS rather than adding a third-party interface. TetherMe is fully compatible with iOS 6 and the iPhone 5, and it can share blazing-fast LTE performance with any device that you pair to your iPhone 5ís connection via iOSí native tethering. TetherMe can be had for $4.99 in the BigBoss Repository.



    3. Barrel

    Barrel lets you change the animation of swiping through pages on your home screen. Barrel works fine with the iPhone 5, and with the extra row of icons on the taller, four-inch display. A couple of the animations are a little jittery, but most (almost all) of them work as expected. Barrel wonít cause any problems for you if you want to add these great animations to your iPhone 5! Barrel is $2.99 in the BigBoss repository.



    4. Zephyr

    Zephyr is also compatible with the iPhone 5, and all of its features work as expected. You can swipe up from the bottom of the display to reveal the App Switcher and close apps, as well as swipe from the sides of the screen to move between open applications. The Notification Center animation also works great on the iPhone 5. Zephyr is $4.99 in the BigBoss repository.



    5. OpenNotifier

    OpenNotifier also plays nice with the iPhone 5, and lets you assign status bar icons to applications so that when you receive notifications from them, youíll also get a status bar icon for that application. There are bundle(s) in Cydia that can extend the range of icons you can use in the status bar, so donít feel limited by the stock ones. OpenNotifier is free in the ModMyi repository. Additionally, the OpenNotifier Premium pack, which adds more icons to OpenNotifier, is compatible with the iPhone 5.



    6. SBSettings

    SBSettings will run great on the iPhone 5, as well. You can use any of the toggles of SBSettings from either the drop-down Activator-based interface, or the Notification Center-based interface. More toggles are also available in Cydia, but theyíre not all compatible with iOS 6 just yet. With SBSettings, you can also change your carrier name, disable certain tweaks, and much more. SBSettings is free in the BigBoss repository.



    7. Bars

    Bars is a tweak that will make the signal strength indicator for your cellular network more accurate. It plays nicely with the iPhone 5 and the LTE signal strength. Itís a nice little addition if you want to be just a little more precise than Apple wants you to be. Bars is free in the BigBoss repository.



    8. WinterBoard

    WinterBoard was just recently updated for both iOS 6 and the A6 CPU, so WinterBoard is fully compatible with the iPhone 5. Themes, on the other hand, vary in success, as not all of them have been updated to work on iOS 6 or the iPhone 5 just yet. The theme pictured above is Elite Pro HD. WinterBoard is available for free in the main Cydia repository.



    9. Bolt

    Bolt will replace the battery icon in your status bar with a bolt icon whenever your iPhone 5 is charging. When you unplug your iPhone 5, the bolt will disappear and the only thing you will see is the battery percentage. It helps remove that somewhat superfluous battery indicator, when the percentage already tells you the status of your battery. It looks cool too. Bolt is available for free in the BigBoss repository.



    10. iFile

    iFile supports the iPhone 5 as well, giving you all four inches of the display to browse your iPhone 5ís internal filesystem. All of the features work, including copying and pasting files, linking Dropbox and moving files back and forth, and also installing .deb packages! This tweak is a must have for the everyday iPhone tinkerer. iFile is available with an unlimited free trial in the BigBoss repository.

    Also iPhone 5-compatible, but not pictured above:


    • 3G Unrestrictor 5
    • %hook's law
    • Activator
    • ActiveDock
    • AdBlocker
    • AirplaneScheduler
    • Aloud
    • AppCent
    • AssistantEnhancer
    • AssistantLove
    • AutoLSMusicControls
    • Bars
    • BatteryPeek
    • biteSMS
    • BluSelect 5.0+
    • Bolt
    • Bridge
    • BytaFont
    • CallBar
    • Chip
    • ColorClock
    • CurrencyConverter for Notification Center
    • DietBar
    • Dimmer
    • DisableNC+
    • Display Recorder
    • Enable Copy text in Facebook
    • FastForward
    • Firewall IP
    • FlagPaint
    • FlagPaint Lite
    • Flex
    • f.lux
    • FullForce for iPhone
    • FullScreen for Safari
    • Grafiti
    • highlightGeneral
    • Infiniboard
    • Infinidock
    • Infinifolders
    • InfinityTask
    • Instahancer
    • IntelliScreenX 6
    • LivelyIcons
    • LivePapers
    • LockInfo 5
    • Maximization
    • Messages+ 6
    • More Icons
    • Motion
    • MountainCenter
    • Music Controls Pro 6.0+
    • MuteIcon
    • MyWi 6
    • NCSettings
    • NoNewsIsGoodNews
    • NowPlaying on Status Bar
    • OpenNotifier Premium Pack
    • Overachiever
    • Page2D
    • Pages+
    • Parallax
    • PasswordPilot
    • PowerMusic MiniPlayer
    • Predicter
    • ProTube
    • ProTube 2
    • RageBoard
    • RingerX Lite
    • RingerX VIP
    • RespringCacheFix
    • Safari Download Manager
    • ScreenDimmer
    • Screen Extender
    • Shrink
    • Springtomize 2
    • SubtleLock
    • SwipeSelection
    • SwitcherAnimation
    • Tab+
    • Tall Screen
    • Tap to Note
    • Tap to Remind
    • tapUnlock
    • Topography for Google Maps
    • TwikaFly 6.0+
    • TypingPrivacy
    • Underachiever
    • Unfold
    • Unpower
    • WeeKillBackground Pro
    • Weesearch Pro
    • YFiSelect 5.0+
    • Zeppelin

    Developing...
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Ten Wonderful iPhone 5-Compatible Jailbreak Tweaks We Love started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 283 Comments
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
      The devs posted a screenshot of auxo running on the iPad. They said they are shooting for an early march release. Looking forward to that. I've been happy so far without sbsettings. I just missed having my ram on my status bar. I wish springtomize worked
      March huh. Nice, looking forward to that.
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      No memory leaks substituting ncram and sbcenter for sbsettings.
      Ooo. Is THAT Krima's secret?!! I like SBCenter. Now between those two - I don't need SBSettings anymore either. Good find!

      Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
      I just missed having my ram on my status bar. I wish springtomize worked
      So Springtomize HAS that feature too and it's just not working in 6.1 on iP5?
    1. Pinoy's Avatar
      Pinoy -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      Hmm. I wonder if it was the one I just reloaded onto my computer before the test....... When did it drop? Because if I already have that one ON my phone now - then my test WAS with the NEW Auxo.
      It wasn't addressing Ram anyway. Couple other issues. Must admit they are being very prompt. Speaks a lot about how they want their product to function.

      In regard to your deviation with widgets. It's possible the widgets have small issues. Auxo devs can't cater to widgets that aren't even in Cydia. Some anyway. Each individual widget can pose a problem. They would only need to cater to iWidget itself. That's a entire nother discussion though. I'm cool with where we left of lol
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
      It wasn't addressing Ram anyway. Couple other issues. Must admit they are being very prompt. Speaks a lot about how they want their product to function.

      In regard to your deviation with widgets. It's possible the widgets have small issues. Auxo devs can't cater to widgets that aren't even in Cydia. Some anyway. Each individual widget can pose a problem. They would only need to cater to iWidget itself. That's a entire nother discussion though. I'm cool with where we left of lol
      Me too, bro. SBSettings' leak is an even larger culprit. My tests showed the same as yours. Movin' on.

      Yes, A3Tweaks is a terrific company wanting to add real value to our phones. LOVE Auxo. Especially it's flashlight feature in the toggles window. Now if I could just get RAM back in my status bar.
    1. Pinoy's Avatar
      Pinoy -
      @Simon any word on the AT&T block on wifi?
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      Me too, bro. SBSettings' leak is an even larger culprit. My tests showed the same as yours. Movin' on.

      Yes, A3Tweaks is a terrific company wanting to add real value to our phones. LOVE Auxo. Especially it's flashlight feature in the toggles window. Now if I could just get RAM back in my status bar.
      If you like that you should try ncsettings and springtomize. Only thing I use springtomize for is notification center turned on for lock screen. So on the lock screen I can pull the NC down and I have the flash setup in the first set of ncsettings toggles. Pull down NC tap flash and flashlight is on. No need to even unlock phone.
    1. Pinoy's Avatar
      Pinoy -
      @Grant- at any rate nice to see your phone in the 700s. Only difference now between ours is the tidiness like I explained with how I roll winterboard. Definitely not necessary but surprisingly accounts for about what we loose with SB settings. That's how I'm in the 750s. I think Krimas is about the same. Like I said the different tool he uses for a read out is different. Gives a different total. At least that's what I'm telling myself for why his is higher. Lol. Makes me feel better.
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
      @Simon any word on the AT&T block on wifi?
      Just asked Kyle, he said AT&T are working on it now.
    1. Pinoy's Avatar
      Pinoy -
      I'm liking springtomize. I never used it before because shrink gave me slightly more control of icon size and placement and didn't wanna run both. I like that I don't have to make a shrink adjusted shadow. Nice trade for a little less icon control. If they get all other functions working it will be the strongest tool in my bag. No doubt.

      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      Just asked Kyle, he said AT&T are working on it now.
      I should call and complain. I have had nothing but headaches with uverse and now they block the sight that gets the most use. Grrrr
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post



      I should call and complain. I have had nothing but headaches with uverse and now they block the sight that gets the most use. Grrrr
      Ya, it's pretty crazy. Second time it has happened in the last few weeks. Not sure what AT&T are doing.
    1. Pinoy's Avatar
      Pinoy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      Ya, it's pretty crazy. Second time it has happened in the last few weeks. Not sure what AT&T are doing.
      I will make them pro rate my month. Or just credit me outright for the month. Haven't opened the net since it went down. Just photoshop.
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      If you like that you should try ncsettings and springtomize. Only thing I use springtomize for is notification center turned on for lock screen. So on the lock screen I can pull the NC down and I have the flash setup in the first set of ncsettings toggles. Pull down NC tap flash and flashlight is on. No need to even unlock phone.
      Oh I'm a Springtomize lover from the early days. Always on my phone. Though I didn't use it for LockScreen. Are you saying it has the flashlight thing in NCSettings or Springtomize? Auxo has it - but it's nested DEEP into several screens of scrolling to get to it. Not practical.

      NCSettings only seems to give me REspring, Reboot and PowerOFf. Where do I get the Flash ability and/or other toggles in that window?

      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      Ya, it's pretty crazy. Second time it has happened in the last few weeks. Not sure what AT&T are doing.
      What's everyone talking about with AT&T problems? I feel like I haven't heard anything about this.
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      Oh I'm a Springtomize lover from the early days. Always on my phone. Though I didn't use it for LockScreen. Are you saying it has the flashlight thing in NCSettings or Springtomize? Auxo has it - but it's nested DEEP into several screens of scrolling to get to it. Not practical.

      NCSettings only seems to give me REspring, Reboot and PowerOFf. Where do I get the Flash ability and/or other toggles in that window?

      What's everyone talking about with AT&T problems? I feel like I haven't heard anything about this.
      You are thinking of SBcenter. NCsettings gives you a whole bunch of toggles similar to sbsettings but without all the extra baggage. Springtomize can allow the notification center pull down on the lock screen. Then ncsettings in the notification center gives you the flash toggle. So from standby all you would have to do is push home or power button to turn screen on. Then swipe down to bring notification center down and touch the flash symbol and bam, flashlight on without even unlocking the phone.


      People with AT&T Internet are experiencing problems accessing MMi. Some DNS issue or something. Happened a few weeks ago and Kyle got AT&T to fix it. Earlier this week it happened again so Kyle has had to dog AT&T again to fix whatever they did that is causing this issue with their customers getting on MMi.

      This is a screenshot of my lock screen after I pull down notification center. Attachment 622188
    1. Krima's Avatar
      Krima -
      One neat new feature of springtomize is the icon dimming. U can disable this so when u activate your switcher your icons will not dim. What I like about this is when I have an iwidget running this will not dim but icons will creating an inconsistency in my preferred aesthetic. So disabling this matches the visual style of my iwidget. It's the little things u know.
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
      One neat new feature of springtomize is the icon dimming. U can disable this so when u activate your switcher your icons will not dim. What I like about this is when I have an iwidget running this will not dim but icons will creating an inconsistency in my preferred aesthetic. So disabling this matches the visual style of my iwidget. It's the little things u know.
      You lost me there - but it SOUNDED great!!
    1. Krima's Avatar
      Krima -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      You lost me there - but it SOUNDED great!!
      Put a iwidget at the bottom of your screen. Then activate your switcher. U will see your icons dim making them transparent but your widget will remain the same with no dimming. With springtomize u can disable the icons from dimming so your icons and widget will maintain the same look. It's not a big deal but I like it and that's what makes springtomize the must have tweak in my opinion. So many options to accommodate so many different people's preferences.
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      You are thinking of SBcenter. NCsettings gives you a whole bunch of toggles similar to sbsettings but without all the extra baggage.
      Ah YES!!! Very cool tweak ! That's a new one for me. Love it!
      People with AT&T Internet are experiencing problems accessing MMi. Some DNS issue or something. Happened a few weeks ago and Kyle got AT&T to fix it. Earlier this week it happened again so Kyle has had to dog AT&T again to fix whatever they did that is causing this issue with their customers getting on MMi.
      Does this explain why I'm getting logged out a lot? I turn my phone back on and press the icon for MMI app and now I'm logged out. Is that part of the bug?

      Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
      Put a iwidget at the bottom of your screen. Then activate your switcher. U will see your icons dim making them transparent but your widget will remain the same with no dimming. With springtomize u can disable the icons from dimming so your icons and widget will maintain the same look. It's not a big deal but I like it and that's what makes springtomize the must have tweak in my opinion. So many options to accommodate so many different people's preferences.
      Oh yes!! Very cool option, Krima. I get it now! I'm convinced there are depths to Springtomize that I will never fully discover all of its features. Amazing tweak.
    1. Krima's Avatar
      Krima -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      Ah YES!!! Very cool tweak ! That's a new one for me. Love it!Does this explain why I'm getting logged out a lot. I turn my phone back on and press the icon for MMI app and now I'm logged out. Is that part of the bug?
      I'm having that issue as well Grant. Sometimes when I launch the mmi app it has me logged out and I would I have to log back in. This was a pain so what u can do is If u launch the app and it doesn't have u logged in like usual, which sucks. Just exit and remove it from your switcher and then reopen. U should now be logged back in without having to actually type your name and password again. Let me know if that works for u.
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      Does this explain why I'm getting logged out a lot? I turn my phone back on and press the icon for MMI app and now I'm logged out. Is that part of the bug?
      Nope, that sounds like a different bug.
    1. Pinoy's Avatar
      Pinoy -
      Well that was a waste of time Simon. 45 minutes later I couldn't talk to anybody in 5 departments that could help acknowledge the problem. I did get credited two months ($60) bucks but I don't even care about that. They just wanted to get rid of me. The last technician said he can access the sight and told me my firewall was turned on. I about ripped his head off. Unless a midget snuck into my house and turned it on all my computers. Lol I wonder if as a sight admin Kyle goes through a different door at AT&T than me as a consumer. Not sure. Thought maybe I could expedite the process being a customer but no luck. Grrrr