• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Springtomize 2 Gets iOS 6 Support, New Features, Free Upgrade for Existing Owners


    Springtomize 2, a popular jailbreak application for deep customization of the SpringBoard for iOS 5, has now been extended with support for iOS 6. Springtomize 2 comes with many different categories of customization and can keep you from having to install multiple different jailbreak tweaks to get the same job done. Itís really a super tweak.

    Unlike the upgrade from iOS 4 to iOS 5, where Springtomize 2 became a different package from the original Springtomize, Springtomize 2 has been updated to run on both iOS 5 and iOS 6. This means that existing owners of Springtomize 2 can upgrade to the updated version of Springtomize 2 with iOS 6 support for free without having to buy another application to get the iOS 6 support.

    In case youíre not familiar with Springtomize 2, it adds an application icon to your home screen and a preferences pane to your Settings application. You can access either of these to get to Springtomize 2ís options. From the options, youíll be able to customize all kinds of features of your SpringBoard, such as your deviceís animations, capabilities, features of the dock, features of the lock screen, features of your icons, features of your folders, features of your App Switcher, features of your Status Bar, features of Notification Center, and a whole lot more.

    In addition to support for iOS 6, the update includes many fixes and performance enhancements, as a lot of the code was re-written from scratch. Some new features have been added as well.

    Some of the new features include:


    • Apply effects to your wallpaper, such as:
      1. Grayscale
      2. Sepia
      3. Negative
      4. Faded colors
      5. Psycho
      6. Red ascendant
      7. Green ascendant
      8. High contrast
    • Apply effects to your home screen icons, such as:
      1. Negative
      2. Faded colors
      3. Psycho
      4. Red ascendant
      5. Green ascendant
      6. High contrast
    • Ability to disable icon dimming when opening folders
    • Improved check for backup
    • Faster loading


    The Grayscale on Grayscale effect looks cool:



    Some of the fixes include:


    • Restored the old "Hide Knob" option to hide the lock screen slider
    • No more conflicts with f.lux
    • Now uses 'uicache' for cleaning the icon cache
    • Fixes a crash when installing apps


    The developer notes that many more new features for Springtomize 2 are on their way. If you haven't purchased Springtomize 2 yet, you'll be able to get it as soon as you can launch Cydia from the BigBoss repository for just $2.99.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Springtomize 2 Gets iOS 6 Support, New Features, Free Upgrade for Existing Owners started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 233 Comments
    1. 2k1's Avatar
      2k1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      SBSettings Processes kill is broken at the moment.
      Working on mine as we speak just did it
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
      Working on mine as we speak just did it
      Did you see a regain in RAM? This bug is being widely reported.
    1. Pinoy's Avatar
      Pinoy -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      Did you see a regain in RAM? This bug is being widely reported.
      Mine isn't clearing anything either.
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
      Mine isn't clearing anything either.
      Yeah. I snaps back to the tray AS IF you actually cleared some processes - but RAM number doesn't change at all.
    1. Krima's Avatar
      Krima -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      Yeah. I snaps back to the tray AS IF you actually cleared some processes - but RAM number doesn't change at all.
      Maybe the i5 is so great at memory management that there isn't any to clear. Jk.

      There is an update in Cydia right now that fixes the weather app.
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
      Maybe the i5 is so great at memory management that there isn't any to clear. Jk.

      There is an update in Cydia right now that fixes the weather app.
      That came out over 3 hours ago, bro! Where you been? Lol.. I'm watching the dev's twitter feeds so I find out immediately. They fixed boot loop bug too! Yes! Phone is really starting to rock now!!!
    1. Krima's Avatar
      Krima -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      That came out over 3 hours ago, bro! Where you been? Lol.. I'm watching the dev's twitter feeds so I find out immediately. They fixed boot loop bug too! Yes! Phone is really starting to rock now!!!
      Where have I been? I've been lurking in the bushes waiting for opportunities to annoy u in forums i.e trolling hard. Lol.
    1. Shake81's Avatar
      Shake81 -
      Unfortunately all of the options do not work for iOS 6.1. Some of the settings caused the app switcher to be completely blank and I would literally see my keyboard slide vertically up my screen and disappear.
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
      Where have I been? I've been lurking in the bushes waiting for opportunities to annoy u in forums i.e trolling hard. Lol.
      Lol!! Oh good, just like normal..
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
      Where have I been? I've been lurking in the bushes waiting for opportunities to annoy u in forums i.e trolling hard. Lol.
      And going around clicking that thanks button lol
    1. Krima's Avatar
      Krima -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      And going around clicking that thanks button lol
      Haha. I only go around clicking for u my friend. I told u we r going to get those numbers up. I am a man of my word. That's so funny that u noticed that.
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
      Haha. I only go around clicking for u my friend. I told u we r going to get those numbers up. I am a man of my word. That's so funny that u noticed that.
      lol, I didnt notice at first. In the app you just see that thanks was given but not from who. So I just figured the guy I was helping had done it...until I went on my mac
    1. Krima's Avatar
      Krima -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      lol, I didnt notice at first. In the app you just see that thanks was given but not from who. So I just figured the guy I was helping had done it...until I went on my mac
      If u click the number for thanks on the mobile device u can see who thanked u.
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
      If u click the number for thanks on the mobile device u can see who thanked u.
      Nice, didn't know that.
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      Nice, didn't know that.
      Can Anthony start a bug report in News. So we can all compare notes? The discussion of bugs is too diffuse now over many threads.
    1. jrcampos's Avatar
      jrcampos -
      Anyone have a problem with springtomize 2 ios6 and bitesms not being able to send SMS to non iPhone users. I get an error in bitesms that says phone number is not registered with iMessage. When I delete springtomize everything works great. I emailed the dev of springtomize about this with no reply.
    1. Xx_Illusions_xX's Avatar
      Xx_Illusions_xX -
      Quote Originally Posted by jrcampos View Post
      Anyone have a problem with springtomize 2 ios6 and bitesms not being able to send SMS to non iPhone users. I get an error in bitesms that says phone number is not registered with iMessage. When I delete springtomize everything works great. I emailed the dev of springtomize about this with no reply.
      I have bitesms and springtomize 2 installed. Sent a text message using Bitesms and I didn't get any errors!
    1. wiipro's Avatar
      wiipro -
      Quote Originally Posted by lilrican21 View Post
      Stop teasing me with tweaks! -_-
      Look At Evasi0n


      Quote Originally Posted by jrcampos View Post
      Anyone have a problem with springtomize 2 ios6 and bitesms not being able to send SMS to non iPhone users. I get an error in bitesms that says phone number is not registered with iMessage. When I delete springtomize everything works great. I emailed the dev of springtomize about this with no reply.
      Ok go to settings Then Messages and press send and receive then press your phone number
      After that go back and turn on send as SMS
    1. Quickness's Avatar
      Quickness -
      Hai

      I have an iPhone 5 and an iPad mini. Do I have to pay twice for this program to install it on both?

      thanks
    1. Krima's Avatar
      Krima -
      Quote Originally Posted by Quickness View Post
      Hai

      I have an iPhone 5 and an iPad mini. Do I have to pay twice for this program to install it on both?

      thanks
      No u don't. As long as you link your accounts when u sign into cydia u will be fine. Get the tweak its amazing.