• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • WinterBoard Now Fully Compatible With iOS 6.1 and A6 CPU, Veency Updated Too


    Themers will be happy to hear this WinterBoard is now fully compatible with all iOS versions up to iOS 6.1 and also now supports the new A6 CPU, which is housed inside of the new iPhone 5, and the A6X CPU is housed inside of the new iPad with retina display. Both of these devices will be included in the untethered iOS 6 jailbreak called evasi0n, which as of this writing is around 85% complete.

    WinterBoard officially states the compatibility on the Cydia page:


    While WinterBoard now officially supports these new devices, the same cannot be said for all themes. Theme creators will also be working to update their themes to bring support for iOS 6 and the new application icons that come with it, such as the updated Maps application and the new Passbook application. Some themes have already been updated, while many more are still in the works.

    Saurik has also announced an update to Veency, the VNC application for iOS, saying that Veency is now iOS 6-compatible. According to the Tweet, Veency will run on iOS 6.0 and iOS 6.1. Veency allows you to log into your iOS device and control it remotely from a computer with a VNC client installed:



    Both packages are available in Cydia for free. The updated version of Veency is version 0.9.3380 and the updated version of WinterBoard is version 0.9.3908.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Saurik Updates WinterBoard for Compatibility With iOS 6.1 and A6 CPU, Veency Updated started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 26 Comments
    1. rebo4's Avatar
      rebo4 -
      Cool!
    1. wiipro's Avatar
      wiipro -
      Finnaly

      EDIT:I wanna get this on my 5
    1. mbeezy81's Avatar
      mbeezy81 -
      Hopefully with the A6, Winterboard won't slow the phone down too much...That's what I've always hated about Winterboard. We'll soon see!!
    1. Silverado1987's Avatar
      Silverado1987 -
      Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy81 View Post
      Hopefully with the A6, Winterboard won't slow the phone down too much...That's what I've always hated about Winterboard. We'll soon see!!
      I've never had winter board slow me down

      I miss that icon!
    1. exNavy's Avatar
      exNavy -
      Bitchin'!

      Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy81 View Post
      Hopefully with the A6, Winterboard won't slow the phone down too much...That's what I've always hated about Winterboard. We'll soon see!!
      I've never had it slow me down either. Perhaps you have too many other cydia tweaks installed at the same time?
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Great news, A!! Now King of Hill will have his gloating rights with me about Winterboard's readiness!!! LOL!!!. Just to spite him (joke) - I'm gonna load 0.9.3907 (that I still have the deb for) onto my newly JB'ed phone and show everyone it would have worked WITHOUT this update.. LOL!!!
    1. Colin9001's Avatar
      Colin9001 -
      Dreamboard? D:
    1. mmaboi21's Avatar
      mmaboi21 -
      Winterboard oh how I miss your sweet snowflake scent!
    1. Jato_BZ's Avatar
      Jato_BZ -
      This is good good news!

      Those that prefer the manual method and extracting their artwork files & modding them, 6.1 has been extracted and recompiled with no updates this far required to Dave Peck's Extractor tool.
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      Great news, A!! Now King of Hill will have his gloating rights with me about Winterboard's readiness!!! LOL!!!. Just to spite him (joke) - I'm gonna load 0.9.3907 (that I still have the deb for) onto my newly JB'ed phone and show everyone it would have worked WITHOUT this update.. LOL!!!
      Worked alright without the update too, I tested Ayecon last night.

      The update just enhances stability of WinterBoard on iOS 6 as a whole, along with support for A6 CPU.
    1. Yugo's Avatar
      Yugo -
      Nice !
    1. King_O_Hill's Avatar
      King_O_Hill -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      Great news, A!! Now King of Hill will have his gloating rights with me about Winterboard's readiness!!! LOL!!!. Just to spite him (joke) - I'm gonna load 0.9.3907 (that I still have the deb for) onto my newly JB'ed phone and show everyone it would have worked WITHOUT this update.. LOL!!!
      Oh yeah baby. Nuf said!
    1. Krima's Avatar
      Krima -
      Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
      Oh yeah baby. Nuf said!
      U gotta stop this King. I ran out of popcorn. Lol.
    1. King_O_Hill's Avatar
      King_O_Hill -
      I hate it when I'm right.
    1. Wargasmtornado's Avatar
      Wargasmtornado -
      Wonder if solid status bar has been fixed?Cant remember the last time it actually worked :-/
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
      I hate it when I'm right.
      Don't forget what Anthony said here:
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Worked alright without the update too, I tested Ayecon last night.The update just enhances stability of WinterBoard on iOS 6 as a whole, along with support for A6 CPU.
      Make no mistake - Winterboard was 'fully' functional with 6.1 in the deb I already had..

      Quote Originally Posted by Wargasmtornado View Post
      Wonder if solid status bar has been fixed?Cant remember the last time it actually worked :-/
      Yeah I need that one back too. But it was so damned buggie.. Hope that get that fixed..
    1. Krima's Avatar
      Krima -
      Gotta love semantics. I think Kings point is kinda like running windows 8 on a Mac. Everything is functional more or less But the trackpad may not be 100% there because the drivers aren't "officially" supported. At least I think that's what King meant.
    1. raduga's Avatar
      raduga -
      Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
      Gotta love semantics. I think Kings point is kinda like running windows 8 on a Mac. Everything is functional more or less But the trackpad may not be 100% there because the drivers aren't "officially" supported. At least I think that's what King meant.
      Or like windows 8 on Surface.....
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
      Gotta love semantics. I think Kings point is kinda like running windows 8 on a Mac. Everything is functional more or less But the trackpad may not be 100% there because the drivers aren't "officially" supported. At least I think that's what King meant.
      Yeah. In fairness I was using the term 'fully compatible with 6.1'. I should have said 'full functioning'...
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      Don't forget what Anthony said here:
      Make no mistake - Winterboard was 'fully' functional with 6.1 in the deb I already had..
      No, not fully. A lot of behind the scenes incompatibility that made today's update necessary. Just usable.