• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • The evasi0n Web Site Now Displaying 80% Complete, Private Testing for All Tools


    The evasi0n iOS 6 jailbreak is coming along slowly, but surely. This morning, the Web site was updated saying that the tool was about 75% complete and that private testing began, however the Linux tool wasn’t completed yet.

    Now, the evasi0n Web site displays that the tool is about 80% done, and also shows that the jailbreak is in private testing for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux included. This indicates that the Linux tool has indeed been finished and that the private testing of the jailbreak can be pushed into high gear for all three versions of the tool.

    The private testing is assumed to be only between the hackers themselves, as to keep the jailbreak from being leaked early. After the private testing is finished, a broader scope of testing that the Web site calls “extended testing” can begin.

    As the jailbreak for iOS 6 continues to come closer and closer to completion, the rumored release date of this Super Bowl Sunday for the jailbreak seems likely. In preparation for the iOS 6 jailbreak release, we’ve posted an optional and short guide on how to prepare your iOS device(s) for the jailbreak. We’ve also put together a list of great jailbreak tweaks that are compatible with iOS 6.

    Developers are frantically working to update their jailbreak applications and tweaks for iOS 6 compatibility, so if you’re still on iOS 5.1.1 for the sake of jailbreak tweak compatibility, we recommend you update, as tweaks will be updated in due time.

    Fingers crossed... are you excited for the iOS 6 jailbreak called evasi0n?
    This article was originally published in forum thread: The evasi0n Web Site Now Displaying 80% Complete, Private Testing for All Tools started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 102 Comments
    1. raduga's Avatar
      raduga -
      Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
      Mike, I've not seen you insult anybody for months. Have you not been feeling well?
      He must be rooting for the other team.
      The one that's going to LOOOOOSE!!
    1. blkeagle1's Avatar
      blkeagle1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by ravelsnip View Post
      hey buddies! i really appreciate the fact that this guys are doing a lot of stuff to help us JB our devices, In fact i always donate to the hacker who does it by supporting him in anyway possible.

      But im sick of seeing this crap on a daily basis...why taunt, 50% 60% 70% completed everyday and excite us for nothing? why can't they just pick a release date and finish it off..

      and lastly, who the hell here uses a linux box to jailbreak?

      i love the fact about evasi0n devoting their time fr us, but as well as hate the fact about their commercial breaks before the big release.

      hope you all don't mind. im excited as much as you are


      Cheers.



      Thanks antony. According to latest update, the testing has been done
      It's not the Dev's faults that percentages get you fully torqued. Just stay off this site and theirs till Sunday, you'll be fine.
    1. DQEight's Avatar
      DQEight -
      Quote Originally Posted by Colwood View Post
      The reason my best friend and I updated to 6.1 is because Apple has a tendency to release another update JUST as the jailbreak is released, I know that 6.0 6.0.1 6.0.2 will be able to JB but they do updates for a reason. I was having wifi issues when streaming videos on 6.0.1 and on 6.1 its beautiful. watching something on isteam right now.

      Besides trying to wreck jailbreaks apple also fixes issues in updates... JUST saying as you did ask
      I hope 6.1 fixes my wifi dropping whenever I watch Hulu.
    1. 2k1's Avatar
      2k1 -
      Mines seems to better bit not fixed thou
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by Faresismail View Post
      Why is everyone updating... The devs said that the jailbreak would work from 6.0 til 6.1 so its not that important to update... Keeping in mind that the new update didnt really bring much new stuff ( maybe not for me ) i just think that if your phone is fine the way it is and if those updates are not really important for u then maybe u should leave your phone the way it is... Coz many people are complaining about battery life issues after the update...
      Why should you update? – You really need to read our preparing your iOS device for the jailbreak post.

      You have been asking either questions that have been answered again and again, or asking the same question in multiple posts.
    1. Faresismail's Avatar
      Faresismail -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Why should you update? – You really need to read our preparing your iOS device for the jailbreak post.

      You have been asking either questions that have been answered again and again, or asking the same question in multiple posts.
      Sorry about that :/ i kind of missed the post... Its still the first time i post this and its not really a question it was just my opinion... But i realized i was wrong after many replies
    1. cmwade77's Avatar
      cmwade77 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Faresismail View Post
      Why is everyone updating... The devs said that the jailbreak would work from 6.0 til 6.1 so its not that important to update... Keeping in mind that the new update didnt really bring much new stuff ( maybe not for me ) i just think that if your phone is fine the way it is and if those updates are not really important for u then maybe u should leave your phone the way it is... Coz many people are complaining about battery life issues after the update...
      I was having massive battery issues on my 4s with 6.0 and 6.0.1. 6.1 has seemed to mostly fix these issues.
    1. bbrks's Avatar
      bbrks -
      Just updated Cydia, I wonder if this update has something to do with upcoming JB
    1. DjCasey's Avatar
      DjCasey -
      iphone updated from 5.01 to 6.1 ready for my 4S jailbreak!!
    1. 2k1's Avatar
      2k1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
      Just updated Cydia, I wonder if this update has something to do with upcoming JB
      Hope so
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
      Just updated Cydia, I wonder if this update has something to do with upcoming JB
      What do you mean "updated Cydia"? Do you mean that group of 16 or so files from this morning that needed updating? Those are 'dependency files' for iFile and a few others. Is that what you meant?
    1. aidanharris's Avatar
      aidanharris -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      What do you mean "updated Cydia"? Do you mean that group of 16 or so files from this morning that needed updating? Those are 'dependency files' for iFile and a few others. Is that what you meant?
      He means these. Pretty sure dependencies for ifile do not show up like this:

    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by aidanharris View Post
      He means these. Pretty sure dependencies for ifile do not show up like this:
      Yeah - there were about 16 things it updated - mostly iFile dependencies. The '3' essential ones it talked about were for certain system stuff - but nothing 'directly' about Cydia, the store, itself. The 3 WERE dependencies that are auto-installed by Cydia upon jailbreak. So for that we CAN conclude the JB is nearer.
    1. Kupe's Avatar
      Kupe -
      Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneProfile View Post
      Why would you wait to update? The jailbreak is a couple days out, tops.....
      I'm going to wait on 6.1, only because I'm happily running jailbroken 5.1.1 with tons of tweaks. If I update to 6.1 today, I will have none of the tweaks I rely on. And then- if something goes wrong and the 6.1 JB does not materialize- then ouch. I see no downside to waiting until the JB ships.

      Kupe
    1. bbrks's Avatar
      bbrks -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      Yeah - there were about 16 things it updated - mostly iFile dependencies. The '3' essential ones it talked about were for certain system stuff - but nothing 'directly' about Cydia, the store, itself. The 3 WERE dependencies that are auto-installed by Cydia upon jailbreak. So for that we CAN conclude the JB is nearer.
      Well that was my point
    1. Bassvictim's Avatar
      Bassvictim -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      Yeah - there were about 16 things it updated - mostly iFile dependencies. The '3' essential ones it talked about were for certain system stuff - but nothing 'directly' about Cydia, the store, itself. The 3 WERE dependencies that are auto-installed by Cydia upon jailbreak. So for that we CAN conclude the JB is nearer.
      Lol...we've come to that conclusion already,before this update tho. 😜
    1. bmwraw8482's Avatar
      bmwraw8482 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      And the pictures of the idevices on the evasi0n site have Feb 3 on the calendar icon.
      I see the 3. Above that should say Sunday if its referring to feb. doesn't look like the word Sunday though...
    1. aidanharris's Avatar
      aidanharris -
      Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
      I see the 3. Above that should say Sunday if its referring to feb. doesn't look like the word Sunday though...
      Can't really tell. I'm pretty sure it's deliberately non-retina:



      Edit: I'm pretty sure the time in the first device (far right - pictured above) is 4:15 and the others 4:41 although if that is correct then the time is probably irrelevant but you never know...
    1. andygev35's Avatar
      andygev35 -
      Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
      I see the 3. Above that should say Sunday if its referring to feb. doesn't look like the word Sunday though...
      Looks like a Wednesday to me... I wouldn't read too much into that little icon...
    1. bmwraw8482's Avatar
      bmwraw8482 -
      Quote Originally Posted by andygev35 View Post
      Looks like a Wednesday to me... I wouldn't read too much into that little icon...
      I thought the same. It would've been cool if it were a hint