• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • The evasi0n Jailbreak GUI is 68% Complete, Waiting On Linux


    Pod2g announced the evasi0n jailbreak tool last night and the evad3rs launched evasi0n.com, the soon-to-be download site for the jailbreak tool. The last we knew it, the GUI was being prepared for the jailbreak tool, however the Web site now shows that the Windows and Mac OS X versions of the tool have been completed and they are now working on the Linux tool. So the GUI is 68% complete (2/3 done).

    After the GUI is completed, the hackers plan to commence an internal private beta testing, likely amongst the hackers themselves, to help ensure that the jailbreak works correctly, and to hammer out any last-minute bugs or glitches that may still be present in the jailbreak in its current form.

    After the bugs and glitches have been hammered out, there will be nothing else standing in the way of the release. That being said, itís a good idea to begin preparing your iOS device(s) for the jailbreak before you actually perform it. We at ModMyi have put together a short and optional guide that you can follow to help ensure that your jailbreak will go as smoothly and perfectly as possible. Check it out!

    The jailbreak is expected to be out within a week, possibly Sunday, so keep your eyes peeled and stay tuned to ModMyi for the latest!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: The evasi0n Jailbreak GUI is 68% Complete, Waiting On Linux started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 83 Comments
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Cue the "Nobody cares about Linux, just release it already" posts lol.
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      Cue the "Nobody cares about Linux, just release it already" posts lol.
      Even so, still has to be tested
    1. shigh's Avatar
      shigh -
      God love kiki the cat
    1. 2k1's Avatar
      2k1 -
      I'm saying Saturday it will release
    1. rcm's Avatar
      rcm -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      Cue the "Nobody cares about Linux, just release it already" posts lol.
      This is a historic jailbreak release, specially because for the first time ever 3 of the best jailbreakers have come together, so yeah maybe Linux isn't the most important of famous os, but is still a very used os and they just want to have all their bases covered.
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
      This is a historic jailbreak release, specially because for the first time ever 3 of the best jailbreakers have come together, so yeah maybe Linux isn't the most important of famous os, but is still a very used os and they just want to have all their bases covered.
      You realize I wasn't saying that right?
      And this is not the first time these 3 jailbreakers have worked together on a jailbreak. They pretty much did the same thing last year with the first 4S jailbreak.
    1. rcm's Avatar
      rcm -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      You realize I wasn't saying that right?
      And this is not the first time these 3 jailbreakers have worked together on a jailbreak. They pretty much did the same thing last year with the first 4S jailbreak.
      I know what you meant, and I know it isn't the first time they have come together, but this time they have a new group, unlike before were we had to check each one tweeter, now there is one single place were everything is.
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
      I know what you meant, and I know it isn't the first time they have come together, but this time they have a new group, unlike before were we had to check each one tweeter, now there is one single place were everything is.
      Ok, just making sure. I believe they should take all the time they need, have always been patient regarding jailbreaks. And yes, it is nice to be able to go to one place for updates, although I find they still give more frequent updates on their personal twitter accounts.
    1. rcm's Avatar
      rcm -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      Ok, just making sure. I believe they should take all the time they need, have always been patient regarding jailbreaks. And yes, it is nice to be able to go to one place for updates, although I find they still give more frequent updates on their personal twitter accounts.
      true, i've checked the evad3r twitter and i haven't seen any updates since the account was created, except for the link to the evasi0n site.
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
      true, i've checked the evad3r twitter and i haven't seen any updates since the account was created, except for the link to the evasi0n site.
      Simon was talking about their "personal" twitter accounts.
    1. aidanharris's Avatar
      aidanharris -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      Simon was talking about their "personal" twitter accounts.
      And he was agreeing with him with that statement...
    1. tridley68's Avatar
      tridley68 -
      Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
      This is a historic jailbreak release, specially because for the first time ever 3 of the best jailbreakers have come together, so yeah maybe Linux isn't the most important of famous os, but is still a very used os and they just want to have all their bases covered.
      A big thank you to all you guys for your hard work THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!
    1. AUZambo's Avatar
      AUZambo -
      One thing @i0n1c has right, these evad3rs have mastered the art of designing a web page that generates lots of views and refreshes and therefore more ad revenue for them.

      I definitely don't have a problem with it, but I find it funny how ever since they've launched that site everyone has been going crazy over it!
    1. Cmds187's Avatar
      Cmds187 -
      Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
      One thing @i0n1c has right, these evad3rs have mastered the art of designing a web page that generates lots of views and refreshes and therefore more ad revenue for them.

      I definitely don't have a problem with it, but I find it funny how ever since they've launched that site everyone has been going crazy over it!
      For now all People can do is read , God-given talent they have ,enjoy it it's for the People
    1. HovikGas's Avatar
      HovikGas -
      Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
      One thing @i0n1c has right, these evad3rs have mastered the art of designing a web page that generates lots of views and refreshes and therefore more ad revenue for them.

      I definitely don't have a problem with it, but I find it funny how ever since they've launched that site everyone has been going crazy over it!
      Good for them. Not nearly enough people donate to make their efforts worthwhile, so any way they can recoup costs is fine by me! I clicked on a few ads just to help out! Haha
    1. bcwyatt's Avatar
      bcwyatt -
      i hope it will come out this saturday 11:59pm ( So i can stay up all morning from 12am to all day to finish install / setup as till i satified. I can't wait to donate it.
    1. Loxs's Avatar
      Loxs -
      Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
      One thing @i0n1c has right, these evad3rs have mastered the art of designing a web page that generates lots of views and refreshes and therefore more ad revenue for them.

      I definitely don't have a problem with it, but I find it funny how ever since they've launched that site everyone has been going crazy over it!
      you know what I didn't even realise that there was ads on the page until i looked at the page source, i block all ad's at DNS level. Nice way to generate cash though. More power to them they put time in so if they can make something from it somewhere then good for them. Same as app devs who put ads in their apps.
    1. aidanharris's Avatar
      aidanharris -
      Quote Originally Posted by Loxs View Post
      you know what I didn't even realise that there was ads on the page until i looked at the page source, i block all ad's at DNS level. Nice way to generate cash though. More power to them they put time in so if they can make something from it somewhere then good for them. Same as app devs who put ads in their apps.
      I didn't realise either. I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure they make next to nothing on every click of an advert.
    1. Jato_BZ's Avatar
      Jato_BZ -
      Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
      I'm saying Saturday it will release
      Yip the 3rd as the number depicted on all the calendars on all the iDevices on their website! One upping apple on that front!