• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Apple Updates iTunes Remote App for iOS


    Apple has launched an update to their optional iTunes Remote application, which is available from the App Store as a free download. The application allows users to control the music on their computer through iTunes right from their iOS device, whether it is an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, over their home Wi-Fi network.

    Reviews for the application tanked after the iOS 6.1 software update, which came out earlier this week. According to reviews, users have been unable to pair the Remote application to their computers after updating to iOS 6.1 on multiple types of iOS devices.

    Today’s update includes multiple stability improvements, including a fix for the issue plaguing iOS 6.1 users. We can confirm that the linking process and Remote application now work correctly on iOS 6.1 with today’s Remote application update.

    In addition, the update improves search results, rating songs, sorting podcasts, and fixes other general stability in the application as well. If you want to grab the iTunes Remote application from the App Store, you can grab it for free from this link. If you already have the application, you'll find the update under the Updates tab in the App Store.

    Sources: App Store
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Updates iTunes Remote App for iOS started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 13 Comments
    1. *T*'s Avatar
      *T* -
      How come the default iOS music app has no features of the desktop edition?
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
      How come the default iOS music app has no features of the desktop edition?
      Probably because it's mobile.
    1. AUZambo's Avatar
      AUZambo -
      I'm running 6.1 and haven't yet updated my remote app. It worked with Apple TV perfectly last night.

      I haven't tried it with my computer yet...and I likely never will since I have an AppleTV.
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
      I'm running 6.1 and haven't yet updated my remote app. It worked with Apple TV perfectly last night.

      I haven't tried it with my computer yet...and I likely never will since I have an AppleTV.
      LOL! I didn't know it could be used for anything but an Apple TV!
    1. fleurya's Avatar
      fleurya -
      The only thing I want Apple to add to Remote would be for me to turn Airplay on my iMac from my phone, or even just the Apple TV, so I don't have to run all the way upstairs to my iMAc if I want to view the screen on my TV downstairs.

      This seems like such a no-brainer I can't understand why it's not possible and why more people don't complain about it.
    1. Feanor64's Avatar
      Feanor64 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Probably because it's mobile.
      because they lack innovation
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by Feanor64 View Post
      because they lack innovation
      Have you tried to fit several controls on a small screen before? It's very hard, if not nearly impossible to do without destroying the usability of an app.

      iMovie, iPhoto, Garageband, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, and much more large iOS apps also cannot do what the desktop versions can do because of the lack of screen space. There's not enough canvas.
    1. Feanor64's Avatar
      Feanor64 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Have you tried to fit several controls on a small screen before? It's very hard, if not nearly impossible to do without destroying the usability of an app.

      iMovie, iPhoto, Garageband, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, and much more large iOS apps also cannot do what the desktop versions can do because of the lack of screen space. There's not enough canvas.
      lol i wonder how many times that very same thing was told to jobs that aw man thats impossible!!! gimme a break just because the screen is small doesnt mean you have to sacrifice u just have to innovate my friend and in this case maybe they need to come up with new ways to do the same thing where is your imagination? not enough canvas you say....bah i say innovation my friend the lifeblood of the tech industry is needed u dissapoint me anthony
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by Feanor64 View Post
      lol i wonder how many times that very same thing was told to jobs that aw man thats impossible!!! gimme a break just because the screen is small doesnt mean you have to sacrifice u just have to innovate my friend and in this case maybe they need to come up with new ways to do the same thing where is your imagination? not enough canvas you say....bah i say innovation my friend the lifeblood of the tech industry is needed u dissapoint me anthony
      Six of the examples I gave you are of Apple's own doing.

      Okay, then.
    1. Feanor64's Avatar
      Feanor64 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Six of the examples I gave you are of Apple's own doing.

      Okay, then.
      lol calm down my friend i realize u dont understand its ok sometimes you have to look past what they have given you and look at what could be...
    1. marxist's Avatar
      marxist -
      Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
      The only thing I want Apple to add to Remote would be for me to turn Airplay on my iMac from my phone, or even just the Apple TV, so I don't have to run all the way upstairs to my iMAc if I want to view the screen on my TV downstairs.

      This seems like such a no-brainer I can't understand why it's not possible and why more people don't complain about it.
      You mean like, play a video in iTunes on your iMac and display it on your Apple TV and do this with the remote app?
      That's actually absolutely possible. Just activate sharing in your iMacs iTunes and choose it with the remote. You can start the video via remote app and choose your Apple TV via Airplay. Totally easy.
    1. aidanharris's Avatar
      aidanharris -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Have you tried to fit several controls on a small screen before? It's very hard, if not nearly impossible to do without destroying the usability of an app.

      iMovie, iPhoto, Garageband, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, and much more large iOS apps also cannot do what the desktop versions can do because of the lack of screen space. There's not enough canvas.
      I don't mean to start an argument here but nearly all of the apps you have noted above look exactly the same on an iPhone and an iPad that is what I don't like since the iPad has plenty of room for desktop-like features but most are just exactly the same as the iPhone or iPod only with updated graphics so that they do not look so blurry...
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by Feanor64 View Post
      lol calm down my friend i realize u dont understand its ok sometimes you have to look past what they have given you and look at what could be...
      Sure.