• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Planetbeing Hopes to Release iOS 6.1 Untethered Jailbreak After About a Week


    Ever since the official public release of iOS 6.1 yesterday, the iOS hacker team, known as evad3rs, has been hard at work in debugging and building a jailbreak method. It was confirmed that the public version of iOS 6.1 was jailbreak safe, and that the iOS 6.1 untethered jailbreak would include over 22 variants of iOS devices including the new iPhone 5, iPad Mini, iPod touch 5G, and latest iPad with retina display.

    Planetbeing, part of the evad3rs iOS hacking team, has come forward early Tuesday morning saying that he hopes the iOS 6.1 untethered jailbreak will be ready after about a week. As expected, he says there’s always the possibility that it could come sooner or later, depending on their luck and progress.

    MuscleNerd also hinted on Monday that something special might surface on Super Bowl Sunday. Perhaps the iOS 6.1 untethered jailbreak? No one knows for sure yet.

    Planetbeing also says that there’s no rush to get your devices to iOS 6.1 just yet, however if you want to be prepared for the inevitable, you can update right now if you want to. Be sure to update through iTunes instead of OTA (over the air) updating. Planetbeing recommends a full restore to iOS 6.1.

    TinyUmbrella was also updated with iOS 6.1 support so you can save your iOS 6.1 SHSH blobs – alternatively, you can also use redsn0w. The blobs aren't very useful at this point in time, but they may turn up useful in the future.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Planetbeing Hopes to Release iOS 6.1 Untethered Jailbreak After About a Week started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 130 Comments
    1. Elegant4G's Avatar
      Elegant4G -
      I have been checking Pod2G, Planetbeing, and Mustlenerd Twitter every 30 min. Just can't wait.
    1. raduga's Avatar
      raduga -
      Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
      Gonna be a fun busy day for sure
      Sure, but who's going to win?
    1. 2k1's Avatar
      2k1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
      Sure, but who's going to win?
      Team with more points
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      So is it setup, now, to 'click and jailbreak' or do we still have to go through the DFU steps?
      If you choose the absinthe method with redsnow it is literally one click, press jailbreak and redsnow does the rest. No DFU. Obviously you have to be on 5.1.1 for this though.
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      If you choose the absinthe method with redsnow it is literally one click, press jailbreak and redsnow does the rest. No DFU. Obviously you have to be on 5.1.1 for this though.
      Gotcha, so they updated redsn0w to do this! Nice!
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      If you choose the absinthe method with redsnow it is literally one click, press jailbreak and redsnow does the rest. No DFU. Obviously you have to be on 5.1.1 for this though.
      So the issue is when a new jailbreak, for a new iOS, is released - is Greenpois0n or Redsn0w the faster method? I still believe only Greenpois0n has the one click method in that case. Correct me if I'm missing something, guys.
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      So the issue is when a new jailbreak, for a new iOS, is released - is Greenpois0n or Redsn0w the faster method? I still believe only Greenpois0n has the one click method in that case. Correct me if I'm missing something, guys.
      They do the same thing, in the same amount of time.

      One additional button to choose your jailbreak method isn't going to slow you down, unless you count milliseconds as a legitimate reason to call one faster or slower.
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      Gotcha, so they updated redsn0w to do this! Nice!
      Yes, MuscleNerd added this a short time after absinthe came out, uses the same method.
    1. Faresismail's Avatar
      Faresismail -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      Not to have this hopelessly digress to a grammar war - but you're understanding of grammar isn't 'quote right' there. The truth is either 'has been' or 'have been' are proper depending on the context.

      Evad3rs (generally speaking - some nonspecific group) HAVE been...
      Evad3rs (the specific group as a whole) HAS been..

      ACtually the 2nd choice there sounds way better to my native English years. And not to prop myself up - as that's uncool - but I'm the administrator/moderator of one of the larger Spanish grammar forums on the net. I know my grammar English and Spanish... But again - not to digress - just had to say it.. lol!!

      One other common English mistake is to change the verb to meet the last word said as in - "Each of them HAVE been...." which is 100% incorrect. It can only be - "Each of them HAS been.." - though that's a very common mistake in English even from reasonably educated speakers..

      BACK to Jailbreak now..
      You deserve more thanks ( i mean "like" but I'm not sure what u guys use on forums )
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      They do the same thing, in the same amount of time.

      One additional button to choose your jailbreak method isn't going to slow you down, unless you count milliseconds as a legitimate reason to call one faster or slower.
      Okay.. Anthony I got you now! So this IS going to be the FIRST time Redsn0w is as easy AT a Jailbreak. It wasn't the case when 5.1.1 JB was initially released. MuscleNerd made the update later.. per what you are saying. I knew I wasn't forgetting the greater ease with GP even at 5.1.1 release.
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      Okay.. Anthony I got you now! So this IS going to be the FIRST time Redsn0w is as easy AT a Jailbreak. It wasn't the case when 5.1.1 JB was initially released. MuscleNerd made the update later.. per what you are saying. I knew I wasn't forgetting the greater ease with GP even at 5.1.1 release.
      We both learned something today! 👍
    1. Sniper488's Avatar
      Sniper488 -
      So, is this an actual done deal, they found the injection and I can safely update my jailbroke iPad 3 on 5.1.1 to 6.1 now and 6.1 jailbreak is a sure thing???
    1. 2k1's Avatar
      2k1 -
      yep good to go all is good
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by Sniper488 View Post
      So, is this an actual done deal, they found the injection and I can safely update my jailbroke iPad 3 on 5.1.1 to 6.1 now and 6.1 jailbreak is a sure thing???
      Yup, that's what they said.
    1. Sniper488's Avatar
      Sniper488 -
      Nice!!!

      Thanks!!!
    1. 2k1's Avatar
      2k1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Sniper488 View Post
      Nice!!!

      Thanks!!!
      ya welcome
    1. jery911's Avatar
      jery911 -
      Ok i get everything, full restore update, but is it safe to use the back up from icloud?

      Thanks
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by jery911 View Post
      Ok i get everything, full restore update, but is it safe to use the back up from icloud?

      Thanks
      Planetbeing says it's "okay" to.

      I recommend just setting up as a new phone personally. That is what I did. I have a lot of configurations on my iPhone, lots of e-mail accounts, app settings, and all. I know it can be a pain.
    1. mmaboi21's Avatar
      mmaboi21 -
      So if you update OTA you lose future signage privileges to downgrade correct?

      Now if that's the case can't we DFU the device and setup as new phone to make it go back to how it was per say...?
      Or am I missing something?
    1. Faresismail's Avatar
      Faresismail -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Planetbeing says it's "okay" to.

      I recommend just setting up as a new phone personally. That is what I did. I have a lot of configurations on my iPhone, lots of e-mail accounts, app settings, and all. I know it can be a pain.
      But how about contacts and notes... Do u still lose them if you set the phone as new?? Coz i dont have outlook or anything like that ( i dont have them on my pc, they are only in my backups... )