• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Apple Finally Releases iOS 6.1 to the Public


    Apple has Monday afternoon officially launched iOS 6.1 to the public. The update is showing up in the OTA (over the air) updating service and will appear in iTunes if you check for updates. iOS 6.1 Beta 5 was released to developers just this Saturday.

    iOS 6.1 contains bug fixes, security improvements, a fix for the touch screen glitch on the iPhone 5 causing the display not to register fast swipes, inclusion of buying movie tickets using Siri through Fandango, more LTE carrier support, the ability for iTunes Match subscribers to download individual songs from iCloud, a new button to reset the Advertising Identifier, and updated iPod music controls on the lock screen.

    Jailbreakers will be able to rejoice on this news, as now that iOS 6.1 has been publicly released, the iOS 6.1 untethered jailbreak can officially be released in due time. The hackers behind the jailbreak will be using their time to try and perfect the jailbreak and create a tool that can jailbreak all 22 variants of the iOS devices that can run iOS 6.1.

    If you’re on iOS 6.0.2 right now, we recommend you stay on it until hackers give the green light to update to iOS 6.1. When they do, it is recommended you use iTunes and not OTA updating.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Finally Releases iOS 6.1 to the Public started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 85 Comments
    1. King_O_Hill's Avatar
      King_O_Hill -
      Just keep in mind that none of these tweaks have been tested on an iPh5. Only limited testing on some of the older devices. Install manually at your own risk!
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
      Just keep in mind that none of these tweaks have been tested on an iPh5. Only limited testing on some of the older devices. Install manually at your own risk!
      Not much risk. Just get rid of them if they're causing an issue. But in my last jailbreak - 5.1.1 -- all main theming tweaks had the same revision numbers right before release as after release. Since the boot rom exploit in iPhone 4 which has made it easy for devs (like Saurik) to test on a new iOS - the game's been a little different. Things that can go wrong are about the iOS version itself and not the hardware - generally - from what i'm reading.

      But it is indeed wise to give such a disclaimer. But I'm not worried. Just impatient.. LOL!!! Last time it took 72 hours for Cydia servers to clear. It was a terrible wait. Not gonna go through that again.

      And as to 'limited testing'. The main theming ones SAY iOS6 "ready". That's sufficient testing for me.
    1. Breezy215's Avatar
      Breezy215 -
      Oh crap, I updated OTA... Am I screwed?!?!
    1. csglinux's Avatar
      csglinux -
      Quote Originally Posted by Breezy215 View Post
      Oh crap, I updated OTA... Am I screwed?!?!
      No :-) Just download the ipsw and restore again from iTunes.
    1. King_O_Hill's Avatar
      King_O_Hill -
      Quote Originally Posted by Breezy215 View Post
      Oh crap, I updated OTA... Am I screwed?!?!
      No, just plug into your PC and do a restore through iTunes.
    1. mrsancheezz's Avatar
      mrsancheezz -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless Killa8 View Post
      My iPhone is up for sale in ebay, the auction ends tomorrow. Do you guys think I should cancel the auction and wait for the jailbreak to come out so I can jailbreak and sell for more. If the jailbreak is going to come out in the next couple of days, I would hate to miss out on the extra profit from jail breaking. I'm not sure how fast they will get the jailbreak out though.
      its a gamble in my opionon. not many people like/ know of jailbreak.
      i know some that stay away from jailbroken iphones and some that would die for jailbroken iphones.
      Goood luck!
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless Killa8 View Post
      My iPhone is up for sale in ebay, the auction ends tomorrow. Do you guys think I should cancel the auction and wait for the jailbreak to come out so I can jailbreak and sell for more. If the jailbreak is going to come out in the next couple of days, I would hate to miss out on the extra profit from jail breaking. I'm not sure how fast they will get the jailbreak out though.
      A jailbreak should never add to the sale price of an iPhone on eBay since jailbreaks don't cost money and anyone can do them by themselves. Raising your price for a jailbreaking is false advertising.
    1. raduga's Avatar
      raduga -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      A jailbreak should never add to the sale price of an iPhone on eBay since jailbreaks don't cost money and anyone can do them by themselves. Raising your price for a jailbreaking is false advertising.
      However, JB DOES add to the overall value.

      Jailbreaking is tricky.
      And sometimes, its a matter of timing.
      Even if the tools are free, and using them is free, I could see paying more for a device that had this valuable service already done.

      Though.
      A non-JB'ed iphone with "every SHSH saved on Cydia, since the dawn of time"
      would be worth almost as much, to someone who knew what they were doing.
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
      However, JB DOES add to the overall value.

      Jailbreaking is tricky.
      And sometimes, its a matter of timing.
      Even if the tools are free, and using them is free, I could see paying more for a device that had this valuable service already done.

      Though.
      A non-JB'ed iphone with "every SHSH saved on Cydia, since the dawn of time"
      would be worth almost as much, to someone who knew what they were doing.
      Can't agree Raduga. Charging more for jailbreak is a scam and defrauding buyers. Sorry we can't agree.
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      Can't agree Raduga. Charging more for jailbreak is a scam and defrauding buyers. Sorry we can't agree.
      Cooked food or raw food, anyone?

      Cooking is free, we pay more for cooked food.
    1. iYeow's Avatar
      iYeow -
      IOS 6.1 didn't really fix screen glitch of iPhone 5 .
    1. 2k1's Avatar
      2k1 -
      Seems like my wifi is a bit better.
    1. King_O_Hill's Avatar
      King_O_Hill -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Cooked food or raw food, anyone?

      Cooking is free, we pay more for cooked food.
      How is cooking free? Aren't there costs associated with cooking?

      Let's face it, the past couple of jailbreak tools have been extremely simple to use.
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      From PlanetBeing this am:

      “@evad3rs_team: if all goes well, iOS 6.1 #jailbreak untethered will go public on sunday plz retweet”

      YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    1. King_O_Hill's Avatar
      King_O_Hill -
      No, this is so not true. Fake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      @planetbeing: In terms of release date, we're aiming for approximately a week out, but it's possible it will come sooner or later than that.
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
      No, this is so not true. Fake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      @planetbeing: In terms of release date, we're aiming for approximately a week out, but it's possible it will come sooner or later than that.
      Okay then. What's the twitter account for the 'true' Evad3rs ??
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      Okay then. What's the twitter account for the 'true' Evad3rs ??
      https://twitter.com/evad3rs
    1. King_O_Hill's Avatar
      King_O_Hill -
      That's what I got.
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      Thanks, Simon & King! I'll learn. Got a little Twitter happy.. with my first time in Twitter. :-/.. Sorry for the thread spam with bad info...
    1. King_O_Hill's Avatar
      King_O_Hill -
      It happens. Simon caught me earlier too. 😝