• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • MuscleNerd Confirms the Devices That Will Support the iOS 6.1 Jailbreak


    Everyone is waiting patiently for the upcoming iOS 6.1 untethered jailbreak. Up to this point, we have heard a lot of good news from iOS hackers planetbeing and pod2g. Today, MuscleNerd throws in his share of good news to the jailbreak community.

    So what’s new MuscleNerd? – The well-known iOS hacker has revealed that something great is coming from iOS hacker team evad3rs this week! In addition, MuscleNerd has revealed that the iOS 6.1 untethered jailbreak will support all iOS devices that can run the firmware, except for the Apple TV 3:




    There will be 22 different variations of devices supported by the iOS 6.1 untethered jailbreak, and the devices that will be supported include:

    • iPhone 3GS
    • iPhone 4
    • iPhone 4S
    • iPhone 5
    • iPod touch 4G
    • iPod touch 5G
    • iPad 2
    • The New iPad (third generation)
    • iPad With Retina Display (fourth generation)
    • iPad Mini
    • Apple TV 2

    As of this point in time, it’s not known what the “excitement” is that we will see this week from the evad3rs. Some will be quick to say that it’s the iOS 6.1 untethered jailbreak, however the hacker team is more than likely not going to release a jailbreak until Apple first releases the iOS 6.1 firmware to the public, an event that has not yet happened. iOS 6.1 still remains in its fifth beta, which was released just Saturday to developers for testing.

    MuscleNerd would also recommend that you follow the TRUE evad3rs Twitter account (this link) and not any of the phony evad3rs Twitter accounts that are trying to lead jailbreakers in the wrong direction for the sake of free donations.

    Update: MuscleNerd confirms that the Apple TV 2 WILL be jailbreakable on iOS 6.1. The Apple TV 3 will NOT be.

    Sources: MuscleNerd
    Thanks for the tip Danny!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: MuscleNerd Confirms the Devices That Will Support the iOS 6.1 Jailbreak started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 67 Comments
    1. Greatbiguns's Avatar
      Greatbiguns -
      Sweet!!
    1. Cer0's Avatar
      Cer0 -
      MuscleNerd mentioned that ATV2 will be covered in jailbreak too. Just not the ATV3.


      "@MuscleNerd: Awesome...as @EvilPenguin_ pointed out, we're seeing the final ATV2 6.1 today too. So ATV2 will be covered by the JB (not ATV3 tho)."
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      6.1 GM dropped today, gang!! From what i'm reading. I thought it was just BETA 5 - but it looks like several sources are confirming it's the real deal - 6.1 GM is here!!

      Anyone wanna de-confirm it? Don't want to create needless hype. But this looks good. Anyone?
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      6.1 GM dropped today, gang!! From what i'm reading. I thought it was just BETA 5 - but it looks like several sources are confirming it's the real deal - 6.1 GM is here!!

      Anyone wanna de-confirm it? Don't want to create needless hype. But this looks good. Anyone?
      GM? The public release is out. lol
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      6.1 GM dropped today, gang!! From what i'm reading. I thought it was just BETA 5 - but it looks like several sources are confirming it's the real deal - 6.1 GM is here!!

      Anyone wanna de-confirm it? Don't want to create needless hype. But this looks good. Anyone?
      lol, check the front page bud
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      GM? The public release is out. lol
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      lol, check the front page bud
      COOL.. Sorry!! Meant to post that in a different thread.... But even still - the opening thread refers to it as BETA 5. But the public release is out.. My phone's telling me I can upgrade to 6.1
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      COOL.. Sorry!! Meant to post that in a different thread.... But even still - the opening thread refers to it as BETA 5. But the public release is out.. My phone's telling me I can upgrade to 6.1
      Huh? There are like 4 stories on the MMi front page about it being publicly released.
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      Huh? There are like 4 stories on the MMi front page about it being publicly released.
      I don't follow the main page. And THIS thread, Simon, only stated Beta 5. Gimme a break dude. Not all of us read everything. I don't even know what you're calling the MMI Front Page? What is that? I only ever use the ModMyI app since I'm on the road a lot. Hardly ever use a browser. Where's the front page from the ModMyI app?
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      I don't follow the main page. And THIS thread, Simon, only stated Beta 5. Gimme a break dude. Not all of us read everything. I don't even know what you're calling the MMI Front Page? What is that? I only ever use the ModMyI app since I'm on the road a lot. Hardly ever use a browser. Where's the front page from the ModMyI app?
      lol, front page man. You know, where modmyi.com takes you
      In the app it would be under the news tab
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      lol, front page man. You know, where modmyi.com takes you
      In the app it would be under the news tab
      ModMyI app doesn't take you to a front page, Simon. It takes you into your favorites screen. And when you clik on the news tab it takes you to most recent news threads unread. When I asked my question, Anthony's thread on 6.1 going live hadn't caught my eye yet / obviously / or I wouldn't have asked the question.
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      ModMyI app doesn't take you to a front page, Simon. It takes you into your favorites screen. And when you clik on the news tab it takes you to most recent news threads unread. When I asked my question, Anthony's thread on 6.1 going live hadn't caught my eye yet / obviously / or I wouldn't have asked the question.
      Takes me to the front page :P

    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      This is where it takes me!

    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      This is where it takes me!

      I see! That's cuz you have your Favorites listed first in the MMI.app
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      I see! That's cuz you have your Favorites listed first in the MMI.app
      What does that mean? The ModMyI app has worked this way since I downloaded it fresh..? What am I missing ?
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      What does that mean? The ModMyI app has worked this way since I downloaded it fresh..? What am I missing ?
      Favorites are prioritized. I have no favorites, so I go right to the news.
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      What does that mean? The ModMyI app has worked this way since I downloaded it fresh..? What am I missing ?
      The little tabs at the bottom can be rearranged
      I don't have the news tab on mine either, but I don't need it as I try and keep up with new posts under the latest tab. So I see new posts and news.

      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      This is where it takes me!

      You have news right on the left there. I suggest checking it out more often
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      The little tabs at the bottom can be rearranged
      I don't have the news tab on mine either, but I don't need it as I try and keep up with new posts under the latest tab. So I see new posts and news.



      You have news right on the left there. I suggest checking it out more often
      I read the news daily, Simon. You're missing the point, dude. You need to reread my original post.
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      I read the news daily, Simon. You're missing the point, dude. You need to reread my original post.
      I'm not missing any point dude. Your original post was proclaiming 6.1 came out. 2 hours and 9 minutes AFTER Anthony had already added a story about that in the news section. You are the only one missing something.
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      I'm not missing any point dude. Your original post was proclaiming 6.1 came out. 2 hours and 9 minutes AFTER Anthony had already added a story about that in the news section. You are the only one missing something.
      Now you're conflating a private conversation we had in PM, Simon, with what I stated here. You're confusing the matter. Here is post #44, my first here.
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      6.1 GM dropped today, gang!! From what i'm reading. I thought it was just BETA 5 - but it looks like several sources are confirming it's the real deal - 6.1 GM is here!!

      Anyone wanna de-confirm it? Don't want to create needless hype. But this looks good. Anyone?
      You see how there's no mention of the time i got the info in it? After that post you guys responded like 'Dude you're so far behind' when I hadn't seen Anthony's other thread (about 6.1 drop) at the time of responding in this thread. You even erroneously told me to reread post 1 in THIS thread, Simon, which doesn't say a word about 6.1's drop. So you got that wrong, dude.

      Yes, Anthony then did have a thread AFTER this one that I eventually read about the 6.1 drop- but that was after I'd already read about the drop of 6.1 elsewhere. As I check back now Anthony's thread here did beat the other place (not that it's a competition) in terms of time of announcement (I had my time zone settings set wrong at other forum) I just hadn't read Anthony's 6.1 drop thread here til after the other.

      When I see a news thread I like I subscribe to it. Instead of updating us here, in this thread about the drop - another whole thread was started that I would have only seen if I checked the news feed FIRST. In the ModMyI app I'm taken to my favorites psge first. That's why I missed Anthony's 6.1 drop thread.

      All good now. This place is great!! But you were confusing thread and PM conversations there, Simon. All good.

      Peace....
    1. shigh's Avatar
      shigh -
      Now now ladies. Your both pretty