• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • MuscleNerd Confirms the Devices That Will Support the iOS 6.1 Jailbreak


    Everyone is waiting patiently for the upcoming iOS 6.1 untethered jailbreak. Up to this point, we have heard a lot of good news from iOS hackers planetbeing and pod2g. Today, MuscleNerd throws in his share of good news to the jailbreak community.

    So what’s new MuscleNerd? – The well-known iOS hacker has revealed that something great is coming from iOS hacker team evad3rs this week! In addition, MuscleNerd has revealed that the iOS 6.1 untethered jailbreak will support all iOS devices that can run the firmware, except for the Apple TV 3:




    There will be 22 different variations of devices supported by the iOS 6.1 untethered jailbreak, and the devices that will be supported include:

    • iPhone 3GS
    • iPhone 4
    • iPhone 4S
    • iPhone 5
    • iPod touch 4G
    • iPod touch 5G
    • iPad 2
    • The New iPad (third generation)
    • iPad With Retina Display (fourth generation)
    • iPad Mini
    • Apple TV 2

    As of this point in time, it’s not known what the “excitement” is that we will see this week from the evad3rs. Some will be quick to say that it’s the iOS 6.1 untethered jailbreak, however the hacker team is more than likely not going to release a jailbreak until Apple first releases the iOS 6.1 firmware to the public, an event that has not yet happened. iOS 6.1 still remains in its fifth beta, which was released just Saturday to developers for testing.

    MuscleNerd would also recommend that you follow the TRUE evad3rs Twitter account (this link) and not any of the phony evad3rs Twitter accounts that are trying to lead jailbreakers in the wrong direction for the sake of free donations.

    Update: MuscleNerd confirms that the Apple TV 2 WILL be jailbreakable on iOS 6.1. The Apple TV 3 will NOT be.

    Sources: MuscleNerd
    Thanks for the tip Danny!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: MuscleNerd Confirms the Devices That Will Support the iOS 6.1 Jailbreak started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 67 Comments
    1. ZSakowski's Avatar
      ZSakowski -
      Wait... Does he know if the iOS 6.1 is coming out this week and that's why he's excited?
    1. mmaboi21's Avatar
      mmaboi21 -
      Yah baby!!
    1. Reymago23's Avatar
      Reymago23 -
      sweet!!
      cant wait!
    1. Mrquarter's Avatar
      Mrquarter -
      Can't wait!!!
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      As of this point in time, it’s not known what the “excitement” is that we will see this week from the evad3rs.
      MNerd mentioned something about the creation of evad3rs.com. I'm thinking that's what he was referring to when he said 'excitement.'
    1. H4CK3R's Avatar
      H4CK3R -
      Awesome!
    1. tlc1217's Avatar
      tlc1217 -
      Nice!!!
    1. dazdaman80's Avatar
      dazdaman80 -
      Great news. Tempted to update from 5.1.1 to 6 but would be worried about various tweaks I use every day not being made compatible for ios 6. Is it too soon to query what the situation would be with regards to downgrading back to 5.1.1 should I update ?
    1. Borsato92's Avatar
      Borsato92 -
      My guess is that evad3rs.com will become the new jailbreakme.com.
    1. javilo's Avatar
      javilo -
      I have been patiently waiting for IOS 6.1.....I will finally be able to use all of my CYDIA apps. :-)
    1. Cmds187's Avatar
      Cmds187 -
      So we update thru iTunes when 6.1 comes out can we update thru wifi or connect it to computer ?
    1. shigh's Avatar
      shigh -
      Wat if i already updated via ota? Maybe a clean restore??
    1. MoDaLoT's Avatar
      MoDaLoT -
      So it wouldn't be supported on my iPhone 5 version 6.0.2 right?
    1. ThatOneProfile's Avatar
      ThatOneProfile -
      Quote Originally Posted by Borsato92 View Post
      My guess is that evad3rs.com will become the new jailbreakme.com.
      I doubt this will include a web exploit. But I may be wrong.
    1. thevmax's Avatar
      thevmax -
      Quote Originally Posted by dazdaman80 View Post
      Great news. Tempted to update from 5.1.1 to 6 but would be worried about various tweaks I use every day not being made compatible for ios 6. Is it too soon to query what the situation would be with regards to downgrading back to 5.1.1 should I update ?
      You can google IOS 6 compatible cydia apps and get your answers!
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by MoDaLoT View Post
      So it wouldn't be supported on my iPhone 5 version 6.0.2 right?
      Wait until the jailbreak is out to find out what firmware to be on. You're golden sitting at iOS 6.0.2 right now.
    1. Cmds187's Avatar
      Cmds187 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Cmds187 View Post
      So we update thru iTunes when 6.1 comes out can we update thru wifi or connect it to computer ?
      Any one with this ? Answer
    1. Faresismail's Avatar
      Faresismail -
      Come on APPLE!!! Release 6.1 already -.-
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by Cmds187 View Post
      Any one with this ? Answer
      We're not going to give anyone the go-ahead to update to iOS 6.1 until the hackers say it's safe to do so.

      But, use iTunes instead of OTA.
    1. Cmds187's Avatar
      Cmds187 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      We're not going to give anyone the go-ahead to update to iOS 6.1 until the hackers say it's safe to do so.

      But, use iTunes instead of OTA.
      Ok will do when time come thanks