• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • NRA Releases New Shooting Range Game for Ages 4 and Up


    The National Rifle Association (NRA) has just released an application in the iOS App Store for people ages four and older to practice their aiming with multiple firearms. Dubbed NRA Shooting Range, you can grab the new application for free from the App Store starting today (link) – the application supports iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

    The game puts a very heavy emphasis on guns, but that’s no surprise considering where the app came from. It comes packed with gun news, information about the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution, links to gun laws, information about hunting seasons, information about gun safety, and information about gun legislation.

    Once you get past all of the boring stuff, the application is also a 3-D shooting range game that comes with three shooting modes – indoor range, outdoor range, and skeet shooting. You can also pick from nine different firearms, analog or gyroscope controls, and three different game difficulties.

    NRA Shooting Range comes with Game Center integration, so you’ll be able to compete with your friends, however it doesn’t have support for the iPhone 5 and iPod touch 5G’s new four-inch display, which is quite saddening.

    The game can be used to pass time or to learn something new about all there is to know about guns. That being said, it’s not a bad app. Check it out.

    Sources: App Store via BusinessInsider
    This article was originally published in forum thread: NRA Releases New Shooting Range Game for Ages 4 and Up started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 45 Comments
    1. StanSmith's Avatar
      StanSmith -
      Cant wait for the DLC. The school levels.
    1. JustBrenden's Avatar
      JustBrenden -
      Quote Originally Posted by StanSmith View Post
      Cant wait for the DLC. The school levels.
      Ohhhhhh that's bad
    1. HCWHunter's Avatar
      HCWHunter -
      Quote Originally Posted by StanSmith View Post
      Cant wait for the DLC. The school levels.
      You're an idiot and a waste of oxygen.
    1. Jahooba's Avatar
      Jahooba -
      Why is MMI going political? This whole recent gun debate is absurd political trash talk. The actions of one crazy person does not make gun owners criminals. The kid who shot up the school was not a member of the NRA. Taking guns away from responsible adults will not decrease crime, and exploiting a school shooting for political gain is shameful.
    1. rkswat's Avatar
      rkswat -
      But give me a good reason why any person needs a semi automatic assault style weapon with a 100 round magazine? Why does America by far have the highest number of gun deaths when the rest of the world listens to the same music, watches the same movies and plays the same video games? Do we have more crazy people or could it be we have more access to guns? I have my concealed carry and own fire arms but your attitude and those of the NRA are no longer acceptable. Saying doing one thing will not result in another is dumb. You are not allowed to own a machine gun, something you could own in 1930's and how many machine gun deaths have we had sense? The 2nd amendment is not absolute obviously and We The People can decide its time, for the safety of ALL Americans, to limit the ability to own these weapons. I'm not saying outlaw them and take them away. I say make a person register them and have a special permit for a person to own them similar to the one you need to be able to own a machine gun. Track ammo sales, we track sudafed but not bullets? Have national healthcare for all which includes mental health coverage. Lots of things can be done but saying "taking away guns won't do anything" is stupid and short sighted.

      As far as it being on MMI why not? It's an app.
    1. Andydigital's Avatar
      Andydigital -
      You're an idiot and a waste of oxygen.
      Pretty much the same thing can be said of the NRA and the inbred's that thought this App was a good idea.
    1. jemkeith's Avatar
      jemkeith -
      Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
      But give me a good reason why any person needs a semi automatic assault style weapon with a 100 round magazine? Why does America by far have the highest number of gun deaths when the rest of the world listens to the same music, watches the same movies and plays the same video games? Do we have more crazy people or could it be we have more access to guns? I have my concealed carry and own fire arms but your attitude and those of the NRA are no longer acceptable. Saying doing one thing will not result in another is dumb. You are not allowed to own a machine gun, something you could own in 1930's and how many machine gun deaths have we had sense? The 2nd amendment is not absolute obviously and We The People can decide its time, for the safety of ALL Americans, to limit the ability to own these weapons. I'm not saying outlaw them and take them away. I say make a person register them and have a special permit for a person to own them similar to the one you need to be able to own a machine gun. Track ammo sales, we track sudafed but not bullets? Have national healthcare for all which includes mental health coverage. Lots of things can be done but saying "taking away guns won't do anything" is stupid and short sighted.

      As far as it being on MMI why not? It's an app.
      I will give you a reason when you can tell what makes a semi auto black rifle different from a semi auto hunting rifle... Why is one acceptable and one not? Especially given that hunting rifles are usually a LOT more powerful than the most common Ar-15, 5.56 Nato.
    1. PokemonDesigner's Avatar
      PokemonDesigner -
      Quote Originally Posted by StanSmith View Post
      Cant wait for the DLC. The school levels.
      LOL! That's wrong but pretty darn funny. Great way to start an argument too. I love it!
    1. iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
      iLoveWindows&iPhone -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
      Why is MMI going political? This whole recent gun debate is absurd political trash talk. The actions of one crazy person does not make gun owners criminals. The kid who shot up the school was not a member of the NRA. Taking guns away from responsible adults will not decrease crime, and exploiting a school shooting for political gain is shameful.
      Your post is like a NRA propaganda play book. Almost every single sentence in your post has been said repeatedly as of late by pro-gun news programs....word...for...word. How bout at least attempting to use your own mind and form your own thoughts instead of just repeating ignorant talking points.

      For example..."The actions of one crazy person does not make gun owners criminals"....No it does not, no one ever said it did. But by simply owning a gun...are they not responsible in some way, or in some part no matter how small? Not responsible as in "this is all your fault", but responsible in the sense that the reality of everyone owning guns, guns being everywhere, guns being so common that it is impossible to keep them ALL out of the wrong hands...is that people that should not have a gun, will be able to get a gun. Maybe not every time, maybe not even a small amount of the time. It could happen only once...and if someone you love just so happened to be involved...just that one time... and lost their life...Would you really be on here today posting these thoughtless comments?

      It truly saddens me that people's unbelievably selfish love for guns...yes, guns...Is more powerful than their love for their fellow man, their fellow neighbor. These people value their freedom to own a gun, more than they value assuring people's safety, or even ATTEMPTING to assure people's safety. And their reasoning is "IT'S NOT OUR FAULT! WE DIDN'T PULL THE TRIGGER! DON'T BLAME ME!" Instead of saying "You know what...I LOVE my guns...But if guns being freely accessible across the nation endangers even one life...I am willing to sacrifice a hobby of mine.
    1. rkswat's Avatar
      rkswat -
      Capacity, speed of delivery, speed of reload. I think those are enough. Show me a semi automatic hunting rifle that can accept a 30 round or 100 magazine and I'll show you another weapon that should be controlled.
    1. bargsbeer's Avatar
      bargsbeer -
      Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
      You are not allowed to own a machine gun, something you could own in 1930's and how many machine gun deaths have we had sense?

      Actually Machine Guns have always been legal in America. Please do some research on your laws first.
    1. jemkeith's Avatar
      jemkeith -
      Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
      Capacity, speed of delivery, speed of reload. I think those are enough. Show me a semi automatic hunting rifle that can accept a 30 round or 100 magazine and I'll show you another weapon that should be controlled.
      What does capacity, speed of delivery or speed of reload have to do with anything?
      The standard issue battle rifle during WWII held 8 rounds with an en bloc clip to reload. It didn't have a detachable magazine or a pistol grip or a folding stock or a flash suppressor and in fact wasn't covered under the first assault weapons ban.
      The reload took about 5 seconds. Ask all the dead Germans how they felt about being shot by a non-assault rifle....

      At columbine Eric Harris used a 9MM rifle with 10 round mags. He used 13 mags. Whats the difference between 5 30 round mags versus 10 13 rounders? It takes a competent shooter less than a second to change mags.

      Get rid of all mags?
      The world record holder for a revolver can shoot 12 shots with in 3 seconds, including a reload. Now normal people can't touch that, but with practice can easily do it within 10 - 15 seconds. which is about 1 shot per second. About the speed of aimed shots from an AR-15.

      More people are killed by car every year than by firearms.

      It truly saddens me that people's unbelievably selfish love for cars...yes, cars...Is more powerful than their love for their fellow man, their fellow neighbor. These people value their freedom to own a cars, more than they value assuring people's safety, or even ATTEMPTING to assure people's safety. And their reasoning is "IT'S NOT OUR FAULT! WE DIDN'T DRIVE THE CAR! DON'T BLAME ME!" Instead of saying "You know what...I LOVE my cars...But if cars being freely accessible across the nation endangers even one life...I am willing to sacrifice a hobby of mine.

      Yeah, I didn't think so.
    1. tridley68's Avatar
      tridley68 -
      Sweet i am downloading right now thanks NRA for protecting our Amendments.
    1. iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
      iLoveWindows&iPhone -
      Quote Originally Posted by jemkeith View Post
      What does capacity, speed of delivery or speed of reload have to do with anything?
      The standard issue battle rifle during WWII held 8 rounds with an en bloc clip to reload. It didn't have a detachable magazine or a pistol grip or a folding stock or a flash suppressor and in fact wasn't covered under the first assault weapons ban.
      The reload took about 5 seconds. Ask all the dead Germans how they felt about being shot by a non-assault rifle....

      At columbine Eric Harris used a 9MM rifle with 10 round mags. He used 13 mags. Whats the difference between 5 30 round mags versus 10 13 rounders? It takes a competent shooter less than a second to change mags.

      Get rid of all mags?
      The world record holder for a revolver can shoot 12 shots with in 3 seconds, including a reload. Now normal people can't touch that, but with practice can easily do it within 10 - 15 seconds. which is about 1 shot per second. About the speed of aimed shots from an AR-15.

      More people are killed by car every year than by firearms.

      It truly saddens me that people's unbelievably selfish love for cars...yes, cars...Is more powerful than their love for their fellow man, their fellow neighbor. These people value their freedom to own a cars, more than they value assuring people's safety, or even ATTEMPTING to assure people's safety. And their reasoning is "IT'S NOT OUR FAULT! WE DIDN'T DRIVE THE CAR! DON'T BLAME ME!" Instead of saying "You know what...I LOVE my cars...But if cars being freely accessible across the nation endangers even one life...I am willing to sacrifice a hobby of mine.

      Yeah, I didn't think so.
      Who cares about how fast someone who has practiced for years can shoot and reload a gun? Stop fabricating and arguing points that no one has ever argued. No one is worried about a Olympian Marksman running around killing everyone.

      Are you really trying to compare guns to cars? Do you hear yourself? Do you realize how desperate and crazed your argument is? Collecting and or shooting guns is a hobby, it is not a necessity. We have trained men and women specifically trained to carry and shoot guns in our Country. Driving to work in the morning, or going to buy groceries, or driving someone to the doctor...is a necessity. Do you know what the difference is? I believe you do, but your passion for guns, and your selfish desire to not give up anything for the betterment of society, clouds your thinking.

      Why can't people like you just admit the simple fact is that they love guns. So much so in fact, that the consequential loss of human life (no matter how often, or how awful) is a acceptable price to pay to continue to experience the joys of owning a gun. Is this statement incorrect? What could possibly happen that would be worse than what happened at Sandy Hook? And make you realize "Hmm, you know what...I think guns could just possibly be partly responsible for killing all of those innocent people"....NOTHING. You will never admit this. It all just goes to highlight people like you...just don't care.
    1. djaquapimp's Avatar
      djaquapimp -
      Britain took guns away & all it did was make the crime rate go up. And guess what? People are still killing! Knife deaths are at an all time high!

      Mexico banned guns & it is now the most murder ridden country and guess what? The bad guys still have guns!!!

      How come everyone that mentions the mass murders as a reason to enact stricter gun laws neglects the fact that many of these twisted mental cases obtain their guns illegally?

      Also why are so many Americans so easy to forget the very reason our fathers gave us the "right to bear arms"???

      HELLO PEOPLE it's to protect us against tyrannical & totalitarian governments!!! Wake UP! Hittler talked about gun control all the time & even enacted it to some extents.

      The way I see it, they wanna take our guns away then it should be a completely level playing field! NOBODY should have them! Not the police, the FBI, secret service, or any political figures. I Mean NOBODY! But the cowards like the Dea, FBI & CIA will NEVER give up their guns & clowns like piers Morgan will just hide behind a team of security all armed with guns that protect him. But only he's allowed protection....
    1. JacquesChirac's Avatar
      JacquesChirac -
      I'm going to make sure my children and children's children play this game and learn how cool, fun, and appropriate guns are. Thanks for the healthy dose of brainwashing NRA! I live to serve your perpetual, antagonization-fueled business.
    1. eg6motion's Avatar
      eg6motion -
      Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
      It truly saddens me that people's unbelievably selfish love for guns...yes, guns...Is more powerful than their love for their fellow man, their fellow neighbor. These people value their freedom to own a gun, more than they value assuring people's safety, or even ATTEMPTING to assure people's safety. And their reasoning is "IT'S NOT OUR FAULT! WE DIDN'T PULL THE TRIGGER! DON'T BLAME ME!" Instead of saying "You know what...I LOVE my guns...But if guns being freely accessible across the nation endangers even one life...I am willing to sacrifice a hobby of mine.
      You literally have very little understanding of how America was built. I feel sorry for you that you have the ignorance to not understand freedom, what it means, how it was achieved, and all those who fight for you to keep it. Perhaps you should have a greater love for your fellow man, or family member, and understand what it takes to defend them, both as a civilian or as a service member. Safety in our nation is partially built by the number of citizens who bear arms. But I am glad you feel so safe, because many others; policemen, servicemen, private citizens, all work towards the safety of others by carrying a firearm as a defense tool. While not everyone has a hobby of responsible firearm sports, the freedom is what allows you to do so, and is FAR more important than you give it credit for.
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
      But give me a good reason why any person needs a semi automatic assault style weapon with a 100 round magazine? Why does America by far have the highest number of gun deaths when the rest of the world listens to the same music, watches the same movies and plays the same video games? Do we have more crazy people or could it be we have more access to guns? I have my concealed carry and own fire arms but your attitude and those of the NRA are no longer acceptable. Saying doing one thing will not result in another is dumb. You are not allowed to own a machine gun, something you could own in 1930's and how many machine gun deaths have we had sense? The 2nd amendment is not absolute obviously and We The People can decide its time, for the safety of ALL Americans, to limit the ability to own these weapons. I'm not saying outlaw them and take them away. I say make a person register them and have a special permit for a person to own them similar to the one you need to be able to own a machine gun. Track ammo sales, we track sudafed but not bullets? Have national healthcare for all which includes mental health coverage. Lots of things can be done but saying "taking away guns won't do anything" is stupid and short sighted.

      As far as it being on MMI why not? It's an app.
      You're a disgrace to gun owners...
      Turn in your concealed license and start up knitting!

      To the rest of u anti-gun proponents, criminals will always have guns; YOU can't stop that. So, enjoy being helpless while ur getting robbed; maybe u can negotiate w/ them and come to a civil understanding!

      FYI, here's my newest toy! Semi-Auto 12g Shotgun!!! Guess what, I'm not scared of bad guys so u all can suck it!

      Attachment 619053Attachment 619054
    1. HCWHunter's Avatar
      HCWHunter -
      Quote Originally Posted by JacquesChirac View Post
      I'm going to make sure my children and children's children play this game and learn how cool, fun, and appropriate guns are. Thanks for the healthy dose of brainwashing NRA! I live to serve your perpetual, antagonization-fueled business.
      Yeah, you're right. It would be MUCH better for your children to play one of the non-NRA first person shooter video games with lots of human beings as targets because it will make them better people! Let them learn just how cool, fun, and appropriate it is to shoot other people, just like the nutcase that shot helpless children at the CT school. But that's not brainwashing when it's done by Hollywood and Activision, right?
    1. thevmax's Avatar
      thevmax -
      Quote Originally Posted by jemkeith View Post
      I will give you a reason when you can tell what makes a semi auto black rifle different from a semi auto hunting rifle... Why is one acceptable and one not? Especially given that hunting rifles are usually a LOT more powerful than the most common Ar-15, 5.56 Nato.
      Agreed jemkeith!
      Plus, the idea that regulating certain guns will CAUSE "related" deaths to stop is ridiculous!
      Then only the criminals will have these weapons.