The folks over at FireCore have just given users with jailbroken Apple TVs another reason to be happy. They announced an update for the popular aTV Flash (black) software suite that the company developed. The update brings the app to version 2.1 and features several improvements including new TV show playlist options, customizable favorites and more. The full changelog of aTV Flash (black) 2.1 can be found below:
- NEW! TV Show Playlists – easily pick up from the last unwatched episode
- NEW! Custom Favorites – create favorites from almost anything, including search terms
- Big speed improvements while browsing movies/shows
- Library and Search items can now be hidden from main menu
- Now showing ‘Writers’ instead of ‘Producers’ on pre-playback screen
- .ite folders are now hidden from view
- Hidden files are no longer included in slideshows
- Better metadata fetching
- Better trakt syncing and scrobbling
- Better handling of network settings and errors
- Many search related improvements
- Many subtitle related improvements (special characters, performance, etc…)
- Fixed rare Last.fm scrobbling issue
- Fixed rare problems when playing audio files
- Fixed a few memory related issues
- iOS 6 support
- Many other bug fixes and improvements
Of the new features, the updated Favorites feature is one of the more favored ones as it allow users to access their favorite content on the Apple TV in a more convenient way. Users can set shortcuts to certain seasons of their favorite TV shows to prevent having to navigate through several menus, providing ease of access.
For those of you aren’t familiar with the software, aTV Flash (black) is only available for the second-generation Apple TV since there is no jailbreak for the Apple TV 3 yet. Although it claims that it is compatible with iOS 6, there isn’t an untethered jailbreak for that yet either. Those of you who already own aTV Flash (black) can download version 2.1 for free by opening the app on your Apple TV and navigating to Maintenance then Manage Extras. Users who don’t own the software can purchase it from FireCore’s website for $29.95.
Have any of you jailbroken ATV2 users tried out the new version? If so, share your thoughts!
Source: FireCore (blog)