• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • How to Change the Carrier Logo On Your iPhone - No Jailbreak Required!


    Most of you are probably familiar with a free jailbreak tweak called Zeppelin in Cydia. It allows you to set your carrier icon to basically anything you want. It’s a very popular tweak because of this, however a new Mac OS X-only tool allows you to change your carrier icon on any cellular iOS device without a jailbreak. It even works on the iPhone 5!

    The tool is called CarrierEditor, and it’s made available for free by iOS developers uhelios and Pix3lDemon.

    To get started, you will need the following items:
    • CarrierEditor application for Mac OS X (version 1.0.5)
    • A cellular iOS device – iPad or iPhone – jailbroken or not jailbroken


    Step 1: Open the application you downloaded. You will see the interface below. Click on the Let's Get Started button:



    Step 2: The application will ask you about your device. Head over to Settings > General > About on your iOS device to find the carrier version of your device. Enter the number that you see into the application and then click the Next button:



    Step 3: Now the application will ask you to input the type of device and the carrier of that device. Choose the options that fit your device and then click on the Next button:



    Step 4: Now the application will ask you for the new carrier logo you want to use. You can use any Zeppelin icons, make an icon for yourself in Adobe Photoshop, or you can use any of the icons that are supplied to you in the .dmg file for CarrierEditor. The application comes with a healthy amount of logos to choose from. Just drag and drop the icons into their correct place, paying attention to what one goes in the black status bar box and what one goes in the etched status bar box. Then click on the Compile Carrier Update (.ipcc) button:



    Step 5: The freshly-compiled .ipcc file will appear on your desktop and the application will tell you that it's finished. Now click on the How to Install the Custom Carrier Update button:



    Step 6: The application explains what you need to do to apply the new .ipcc file to your iOS device:



    Step 7: With your iOS device plugged into your Mac, launch iTunes, then hold down the Option key and click on the Restore iPhone button. Once the window below appears, select the .ipcc file that you just made and then click on the Open button:



    Step 8: When iTunes finishes loading the carrier update, reboot your iOS device and enjoy the custom carrier logo that you picked:



    Performing this action does not restore your iOS device, even though you use the restore feature in iTunes to apply the carrier settings. The application is provided as is with no warranty implied, just like jailbreaking your device: Use the tool at your own risk!

    The developer has no plans to create a Windows version of the application at this point in time. It is possible for Apple to patch this, so enjoy it while it lasts!

    Note: CarrierEditor will place the original .ipcc file for your device’s carrier on your desktop along with the new one you create that contains the new logo. If you ever want to revert the changes so that your iOS device shows the carrier name instead of a logo, just follow Step 7 and Step 8 again, only this time pointing iTunes to the original .ipcc file instead of the new one.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: How to Change the Carrier Logo On Your iPhone - No Jailbreak Required! started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 121 Comments
    1. canelo8's Avatar
      canelo8 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Bassvictim View Post
      Any idea if this will be available for windows?
      There won't be a windows Version. but if you want to try something different this might work.

      To install these on your own iPhone, first you must tell iTunes that you can side load your own carrier bundles. Usually iTunes will not let you point your way to a carrier bundle on your own computer. This is easily fixed;

      For Windows, open up Run (Winkey+R) and paste the following;

      "%ProgramFiles%\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
      If you’re running Windows x64 bit, do this instead:

      "CProgram Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunes.exe” /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
      Done! Now simply connect your iPhone, open up iTunes, select your iPhone from the sidebar, and hold down option (Windows users, hold down Shift instead) while you click on restore.
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
      Yeah. No luck. I could just be doing it wrong though.
      Are u dragging the icon into the window in the program? You can't copy and paste cuz it'll just show the location of the file on your computer.

      Maybe that'll help...idk!?!?
    1. PokemonDesigner's Avatar
      PokemonDesigner -
      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      Are u dragging the icon into the window in the program? You can't copy and paste cuz it'll just show the location of the file on your computer.

      Maybe that'll help...idk!?!?
      Yup. That was easy. I think it's just not loading the ipcc or something.
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
      Yup. That was easy. I think it's just not loading the ipcc or something.
      Crap...I was hoping that might've been the problem... Sorry, bud
    1. PokemonDesigner's Avatar
      PokemonDesigner -
      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      Crap...I was hoping that might've been the problem... Sorry, bud
      No problem. When I figure it out I'll post a link to a video tut to help everyone else out!
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
      No problem. When I figure it out I'll post a link to a video tut to help everyone else out!
      Sweet! Do that cuz it'll definitely help!!! Good luck, man!
    1. Colby21's Avatar
      Colby21 -
      Along with "No Jailbreak Required" you should note, "Mac Required"
    1. MKizzle's Avatar
      MKizzle -
      Can anyone share that wallpaper for iphone 5
    1. Deyno1903's Avatar
      Deyno1903 -
      Has anyone from the UK on "EE" tried this?? EE isn't supported and i've tried "Orange_UK" using the app but it didn't work.
    1. ca3sar's Avatar
      ca3sar -
      Quote Originally Posted by canelo8 View Post
      There won't be a windows Version. but if you want to try something different this might work.

      To install these on your own iPhone, first you must tell iTunes that you can side load your own carrier bundles. Usually iTunes will not let you point your way to a carrier bundle on your own computer. This is easily fixed;

      For Windows, open up Run (Winkey+R) and paste the following;

      "%ProgramFiles%\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
      If you’re running Windows x64 bit, do this instead:

      "CProgram Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunes.exe” /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
      Done! Now simply connect your iPhone, open up iTunes, select your iPhone from the sidebar, and hold down option (Windows users, hold down Shift instead) while you click on restore.

      These dont work for me. Im on windows7 (64)
    1. Groupyloopy's Avatar
      Groupyloopy -
      Tried this on T-Mobile UK but this doesn't work either. Must be to do with EE.
    1. iN0Sh33p's Avatar
      iN0Sh33p -
      Can someone create a T-Mobile USA file with the cloud logo?
    1. brokentwice's Avatar
      brokentwice -
      Anyone know how To change the carrier logo for a unlocked Phone ? have an unlocked iphone 4s That i bought unlocked from apple and use on Tmobile USA
    1. bmwraw8482's Avatar
      bmwraw8482 -
      Each time I change the logo do I have to keep entering the current carrier version or can I reuse the version numbers? (I've gone from 13.3 to 13.10 just tweaking stuff)
    1. PokemonDesigner's Avatar
      PokemonDesigner -
      I have done much research (and it should be added to the post) all Verizon iPhones (excluding the 5) and all sprint iPhones are not supported by this program. What bull
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by plural View Post
      Carrier Ver: Bell 13.0

      I thought I had the "blue cloud" icon that comes with the Zeppelin tweak but I don't and can't find it. Do you have access to Zeppelin? I'm looking for the "blue cloud" icon.

      Thank you
      I think I got it working!!! Here ya go!

      https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ji4ay1ma773pot/Cloud.zip
    1. dsg's Avatar
      dsg -
      if your having issues try this in terminal:

      Code:
      defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool YES
    1. plural's Avatar
      plural -
      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      Dude, I'm not sure if this will work since I can't verify there's an actual image being displayed!?!?!

      https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ji4ay1ma773pot/Cloud.zip

      Lemme know, k


      No problem!!!



      Have u at least tried the LTE version to see if it worx?
      Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but iTunes won't let me select the .ipcc file when I hit option/alt button and Restore iphone. The window pops up to let me choose a file but can't select the .ipcc file.

      Quote Originally Posted by plural View Post
      Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but iTunes won't let me select the .ipcc file when I hit option/alt button and Restore iphone. The window pops up to let me choose a file but can't select the .ipcc file.

      Has anyone else with OS X 10.6 got this to work?

      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      I think I got it working!!! Here ya go!

      https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ji4ay1ma773pot/Cloud.zip
      Thank you for the file, I really appreciate your help. I think i need OS X 10.7 iTunes ver. to install the file though.
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      I assume the Windows version will be released around the same time as the windows version of Pwnage? ie shortly after Apple release the SDK for Windows.

      You might have a long wait....
    1. dsg's Avatar
      dsg -
      Quote Originally Posted by plural View Post
      Has anyone else with OS X 10.6 got this to work?
      Try what I posted above then try again