iTunes 11.01 Update Released, Includes Bug Fixes and Duplicate Song Display Tool
A minor update for the recently released iTunes 11 has been made available. Along with providing a couple of important fixes, such as patching a bug that prevented new purchase from appearing in the library if iTunes Match was active, iTunes 11.01 brings back a familiar feature that had previously been missing from the initial release; duplication detection. As many of you iOS users may already know, the overhauled iTunes 11 was released on November 29, bringing a fresh look, a revamped user interface, and tighter iCloud integration but it had its fair share of issues. Apple is looking to fix what it can with the recent update.
The release notes of the recent update can be found below:
• Addresses an issue where new purchases in iCloud may not appear in your library if iTunes Match is turned on.
• Makes iTunes more responsive when searching a large library.
• Fixes a problem where the AirPlay button may not appear as expected.
• Adds the ability to display duplicate items within your library.
• Important stability and performance improvements.
The OS X version of the update is 84.72 MB
while the Windows 64 version of the update is 84.83 MB
. Both of them can be downloaded via Software Update or Apple’s Support Downloads page
for those of you who are interested in updating.