• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Analyst: iPhone 5S in June 2013 With NFC, 128GB Storage, Colors, Better Camera


    We know. The iPhone 5 just came out. But that isn’t stopping Apple – at least not from an analyst’s point of view.

    According to an analyst by the name of Peter Misek, the iPhone 5S is expected to arrive back on track for Apple’s usual iPhone release time – the middle of the year in June or July of 2013. For the most part, it would look a lot like the iPhone 5, however the analyst points out some new features the iPhone 5S would have that would set it apart from the iPhone 5:

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Misek
    Based on our checks, likely updates include a new super HD camera/screen, a better battery, and NFC. Possible updates include an IGZO screen for Retina+, 128GB storage, and coming in 6 to 8 colors.
    For one, it is believed that the iPhone 5S would adopt the color lineup of the iPod touch 5G, bringing all kinds of colored anodized aluminum options to the iPhone for the first time, such as blue, yellow, red, and others on top of the white and black options. Colors are something that users have requested for a while, but at the time it just seemed strange to do with an iPhone. On the other hand, with all the younger hands getting their hands on an iPhone nowadays, it could be a good selling point.

    Misek also sees the possibility of a 128GB storage option, which would offer the greatest amount of storage an iPhone has ever come with. Apple shattered the iPhone storage record in 2011 by offering a 64GB option with the iPhone 4S, so this is entirely possible. It would be plausible because media is growing in size with its higher quality, especially with the iPhone's latest 8-megapixel camera, which records video in full 1080p.

    What else? – NFC technology is being brought up again as a possibility. It’s also pointed out that we might be seeing an IGZO display, which would increase the quality of the display. Apart from these changes, some other obvious changes that we've seen in nearly every iPhone release are also expected, such as a better battery and better camera.

    Many people are probably going to want to wait out and see if Apple releases a redesigned iPhone after the iPhone 5S (if Apple even names it that) in order to put their money into newer technology that isn’t basically the same iPhone design with an internal hardware upgrade. Some, on the other hand, just won't be able to hold back their shopping habits.

    Sources: MacRumors
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Analyst: iPhone 5S in June 2013 With NFC, 128GB Storage, Colors, Better Camera started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 234 Comments
    1. bsltiger's Avatar
      bsltiger -
      Quote Originally Posted by BoostedEvoIX View Post
      i hope you are joking. The iPhone 5 camera blows away the S3. I took pic with a friends S3 and then my iphone 5 and there was a noticeable quality difference.
      That's what he's saying. If there was a camera of this quality in a Samsung, he would like the Samsung.




      As for the article, I can see colors and the storage/camera upgrade, but not NFC. That's a new feature that they'll save for a new design. Unless they decide to forgo the #S this time and go with a new design. It's possible.
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
      lol, really? you do know that a 128GB phone is already on the market don't you?
      Is there? please enlighten me.

      While Samsung have started making 128Gb memory modules AFAIK they have not actually produced any phones using them yet. And I believe they are the only people making them which, given Apple's attempts to move away from relying on Samsung makes this seem unlikely, but Apple might think it worth it for the premium they could charge.
    1. orgy9111's Avatar
      orgy9111 -
      Are they serious??? I just got Factory Unlocked iPhone 5 and now in six months 5S?????? Seems very stupid, why doesn't apple stick to 1 upgrade a year like they used to do? I guess i5 is going back to the store (I'm still in 14 day return window)
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
      Is there? please enlighten me.

      While Samsung have started making 128Gb memory modules AFAIK they have not actually produced any phones using them yet. And I believe they are the only people making them which, given Apple's attempts to move away from relying on Samsung makes this seem unlikely, but Apple might think it worth it for the premium they could charge.
      He is probably referring to the 64gb S3 which you can then add a 64gb sd card to.
    1. SniperMonkey's Avatar
      SniperMonkey -
      The iPhone is kinda boring me now, i'm all for a redesign. I still think the lockscreen needs ammending, something like lockinfo would be ideal. Colours would bring a touch of personality to it.

      I only wish I could get iOS on some other phone because there are some really nice ones out there.
    1. jOnGarrett's Avatar
      jOnGarrett -
      Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
      I want a bigger screen and I don't want any other type of phone. However, I don't want a phone that is taller, but not wider. It's the principle of it, to me. I am 6'3. My thumb can easily reach any corner of screen. I am not going to spend a dime on a phone that doesn't really help me, or create value for me.

      As for my eyesight, it does suck. That is why I barely use my 4s for anything. You should see the font size I use. Lol.

      I can be patient and I will wait for the ip6 I'm sure Apple will go wider with the design because that's the way Apple does business.

      dude, why wait when what you want is available right now? why "must" you have an iPhone anyway? I never understood people's reluctance to give up an iPhone when ALL the features they want are available on so many other phones. if you just want iOS for its apps, why not just get an iPod?

      Quote Originally Posted by orgy9111 View Post
      Are they serious??? I just got Factory Unlocked iPhone 5 and now in six months 5S?????? Seems very stupid, why doesn't apple stick to 1 upgrade a year like they used to do? I guess i5 is going back to the store (I'm still in 14 day return window)
      because 1 phone a year doesnt cut it anymore--apple has fallen way behind the competition and needs to make some major changes to try to keep up. that's why you just got the iPad mini and a 4" screen & 4G on your iPhone.

      besides all that, you know that when it comes to phones (Android or iOS) you'll NEVER have the latest and the greatest because there's always something new right around the corner.

      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      He is probably referring to the 64gb S3 which you can then add a 64gb sd card to.

      yes, that's exactly what I was referring to.

      Quote Originally Posted by SniperMonkey View Post
      The iPhone is kinda boring me now, i'm all for a redesign. I still think the lockscreen needs ammending, something like lockinfo would be ideal. Colours would bring a touch of personality to it.

      I only wish I could get iOS on some other phone because there are some really nice ones out there.
      dump your iPhone for an S III, get an iPod 5G--problem solved.

      Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
      Is there? please enlighten me.

      While Samsung have started making 128Gb memory modules AFAIK they have not actually produced any phones using them yet. And I believe they are the only people making them which, given Apple's attempts to move away from relying on Samsung makes this seem unlikely, but Apple might think it worth it for the premium they could charge.
      S III 64GB with a 64GB micro SD card. problem solved.
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      64 internal plus 64 on a card is not the same as 128Gb. But never mind.
    1. jOnGarrett's Avatar
      jOnGarrett -
      Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
      64 internal plus 64 on a card is not the same as 128Gb. But never mind.
      you're right its not--I think its better. I can carry around more than one micro SD card giving me even more storage.
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
      you're right its not--I think its better. I can carry around more than one micro SD card giving me even more storage.
      It has that advantage, but far outweighed by the disadvantages. I was going to say like android, but in that case it's far less clear cut.
    1. mustard05's Avatar
      mustard05 -
      Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
      dude, why wait when what you want is available right now? why "must" you have an iPhone anyway? I never understood people's reluctance to give up an iPhone when ALL the features they want are available on so many other phones. if you just want iOS for its apps, why not just get an iPod?
      I don't want any other phone. I like and more importantly prefer the iPhone. It's works perfect and plays nicely with all of my other Apple products. Yes, I want a bigger screen, but I can be patient. Eventually the iPhone will get another screen size upgrade. Just because other options are available, that doesn't mean I should take advantage of them, especially when it is not what I want. There is a difference between getting what a person wants, and settling for something "close" to what a person wants. I have made that mistake far to many times in life and I have learned one important lesson from settling for what you can get. In the end you always end up spending more, when you I could of just been patient the first time around.
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      I don't want a bigger screen. The 5 was a mistake. It wouldn't have happened under Mr. Jobs watch.

      If you want those things, or indeed, a cheap phone, buy Android.

      If you want the best buy an iPhone - that used to be true under Mr. Jobs but since he's gone I'm not so sure...
    1. mustard05's Avatar
      mustard05 -
      Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
      I don't want a bigger screen. The 5 was a mistake. It wouldn't have happened under Mr. Jobs watch.

      If you want those things, or indeed, a cheap phone, buy Android.

      If you want the best buy an iPhone - that used to be true under Mr. Jobs but since he's gone I'm not so sure...
      Realistically Apple is still following some of the plans Jobs had in store for the iPhone. Not all, but I'm sure some. Realistically his succession plan was probably made with at least a few years in mind. Though many many factors would lead to changes, some small and others major( like the firing of Scott Forstall), it is unintelligent to believe he(Jobs) and his team did not plan. Especially when they knew his life was so limited. Also, plans for a company after a CEO has left are always made. Companies don't just start over from scratch. It's called a strategic business plan. Do yourself a flavor a look it up. No pun intended.
    1. subywrex's Avatar
      subywrex -
      Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
      I don't want a bigger screen. The 5 was a mistake. It wouldn't have happened under Mr. Jobs watch.

      If you want those things, or indeed, a cheap phone, buy Android.

      If you want the best buy an iPhone - that used to be true under Mr. Jobs but since he's gone I'm not so sure...
      Disagree wkth this so much. I use an iPhone 4S for work and my 5 for personal. The iPhone 5 screen is perfect for me and the smaller screen allows for just enough space to have some more info show.

      I really enjoy the larger screen. It not being wider doesn't bother me
    1. mustard05's Avatar
      mustard05 -
      Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
      Disagree wkth this so much. I use an iPhone 4S for work and my 5 for personal. The iPhone 5 screen is perfect for me and the smaller screen allows for just enough space to have some more info show.

      I really enjoy the larger screen. It not being wider doesn't bother me
      Not being "wider" does bother me. It is the reason I have not upgraded. I'm fine with my 4S.
    1. subywrex's Avatar
      subywrex -
      Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
      Not being "wider" does bother me. It is the reason I have not upgraded. I'm fine with my 4S.
      So the iPhone 5 is taller and has more real-estate but is the same width as its predecessor. So you would rather keep with a phone that has the same width as its successor but less screen space? Just because its not wider? Lol.

      That's some funky logic. The taller screen is just better. It shows more content where it's needed. It also keeps its form factor and ease of use with one hand.

      But these are just my opinions. I too thought the taller screen was awful. However after using it I see an iPhone 4S or older and think "can't ever believe I thought this screen size was good".
    1. mustard05's Avatar
      mustard05 -
      Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
      So the iPhone 5 is taller and has more real-estate but is the same width as its predecessor. So you would rather keep with a phone that has the same width as its successor but less screen space? Just because its not wider? Lol.

      That's some funky logic. The taller screen is just better. It shows more content where it's needed. It also keeps its form factor and ease of use with one hand.

      But these are just my opinions. I too thought the taller screen was awful. However after using it I see an iPhone 4S or older and think "can't ever believe I thought this screen size was good".
      I was at my buddies house today. He has a 5. I used both phones side by side, using the same apps, same websites, same games. The difference was not that impressive. Not worth my money. Though, the phone is sexy. I literally did the comparison for over an hour. Yea, it's a little lighter and thinner, but don't fool yourself with the screen. When using safari, loading the same pages, the 5 got 1 extra word per line in landscape mode. Not one word looked larger, not one slide show looked bigger, nothing was bigger.

      You can't make anything naturally bigger by only adding height to the screen. Width needs to be added in conjunction with height. I want a bigger screen that supplies bigger images. I will patiently wait for the iP6 which will prob have a wider screen. Until then, I'll hold on to my money.

      And I fail to see where it would show more content where it's needed.
    1. subywrex's Avatar
      subywrex -
      Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
      I was at my buddies house today. He has a 5. I used both phones side by side, using the same apps, same websites, same games. The difference was not that impressive. Not worth my money. Though, the phone is sexy. I literally did the comparison for over an hour. Yea, it's a little lighter and thinner, but don't fool yourself with the screen. When using safari, loading the same pages, the 5 got 1 extra word per line in landscape mode. Not one word looked larger, not one slide show looked bigger, nothing was bigger.

      You can't make anything naturally bigger by only adding height to the screen. Width needs to be added in conjunction with height. I want a bigger screen that supplies bigger images. I will patiently wait for the iP6 which will prob have a wider screen. Until then, I'll hold on to my money.

      And I fail to see where it would show more content where it's needed.
      Not that I haven't been been wrong or anything. But I'd be surprised if the iPhone changes size anytime soon.

      Also please take a look below I hardly see how only one line of text was shown more. It's quite the big difference.

      Also keyboard takes up much less space leaving more room for content when your writing. Yes side by side one device in hand to the other in hand is not that big of a deal. However use an iPhone 5 for more than a day then go back after You've adjusted to having more screen

      http://www.iphoneinformer.com/wp-con...pps.jpg?3995d3

      Also the where weight reduction I feel is very nice and love how thin it is. I'm not being hostile to you or anything just bringing a different view to the table
    1. mustard05's Avatar
      mustard05 -
      Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
      Not that I haven't been been wrong or anything. But I'd be surprised if the iPhone changes size anytime soon.

      Also please take a look below I hardly see how only one line of text was shown more. It's quite the big difference.

      Also keyboard takes up much less space leaving more room for content when your writing. Yes side by side one device in hand to the other in hand is not that big of a deal. However use an iPhone 5 for more than a day then go back after You've adjusted to having more screen

      I hope the size changes. It would be very disappointing if it did not.
    1. subywrex's Avatar
      subywrex -
      Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
      I hope the size changes. It would be very disappointing if it did not.
      I also re read the response you gave to me about no difference in size and realize that you were using the phone in landscape.

      By turning the phone in landscape you have proven my point that making something wider does NOT give you the extra content like making something taller. like you said you only got one extra word per line.
    1. mustard05's Avatar
      mustard05 -
      Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
      I also re read the response you gave to me about no difference in size and realize that you were using the phone in landscape.

      By turning the phone in landscape you have proven my point that making something wider does NOT give you the extra content like making something taller. like you said you only got one extra word per line.
      Yea, my issue is I want "larger" content on the screen, not "more" content on the screen. I love the iPhone5 though. It is sexy!!!! But more content is not as important.