• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • iPhone 5 Currently $50-off At Best Buy


    If you want to get an iPhone 5 for your family for the holidays, or maybe for yourself, then Best Buy might be a good place to get one; right now! The iPhone 5 is the latest iPhone you can get, housing a powerful A6 chip, blazing-fast LTE connectivity, a 4-inch retina display, and a stunning 8-megapixel camera.

    Best Buy is now offering the iPhone 5 for $50 off of the regular retail price, which means the 16GB iPhone 5 can be had for just $149.99, the 32GB iPhone 5 can be had for just $249.99, and the 64 GB iPhone 5 can be had for just $349.99.

    The 16GB and 32GB units that are on sale include both white and black and include all of the following carriers: AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint. Since this price is the carrier-based price, you will be locked into a two-year contract with the carrier of your choice.

    Best Buy’s Web site doesn’t tell us when the sale will be over, so if you want an iPhone 5 at this discounted price, you should act quickly. Shipping is free.

    Sources: Best Buy via 9to5Mac
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iPhone 5 Currently $50-off At Best Buy started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 27 Comments
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by kyphur View Post
      Yes, it's Best Buy's policy that they must activate every iPhone 5 we sell in store. This is true even if you pay full price.
      So - I buy from Best Buy - online... There's no way they can stop me from activating at home. Unenforceable - Best Buy policy or not. That's the 'whole story'. I appreciate why, as an employee of Best Buy you won't be able to confirm or deny my claim there, Kyphur. Thanks for your input!

      Grant
    1. kyphur's Avatar
      kyphur -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      So - I buy from Best Buy - online... There's no way they can stop me from activating at home. Unenforceable - Best Buy policy or not. That's the 'whole story'. I appreciate why, as an employee of Best Buy you won't be able to confirm or deny my claim there, Kyphur. Thanks for your input!

      Grant
      Check Bestbuy.com, you'll see that your only option is in-store pick-up...

      Since you can't get it home before it has been activated in store it is absolutely enforceable and that's "the rest of the story", sorry.

      .

      BTW, not trying to be a smart@$$ just having fun with a little turn of words...
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by kyphur View Post
      Check Bestbuy.com, you'll see that your only option is in-store pick-up...

      Since you can't get it home before it has been activated in store it is absolutely enforceable and that's "the rest of the story", sorry.

      BTW, not trying to be a smart@$$ just having fun with a little turn of words...
      Well that's a completely useless application of online buying. Who would ever pay for shipping if you have to come in to store anyway. Dumb policy. Not worth the $50 savings.

      For my needs I'll have to buy online from Apple themselves and activate when I'm ready.

      Thanks!
    1. kyphur's Avatar
      kyphur -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      Well that's a completely useless application of online buying. Who would ever pay for shipping if you have to come in to store anyway. Dumb policy. Not worth the $50 savings.

      For my needs I'll have to buy online from Apple themselves and activate when I'm ready.

      Thanks!
      You never pay for shipping on in-store pick-up orders...

      There are plenty of iPhone customers who prefer the personal service offered by Best Buy Mobile and don't mind coming into the store for their devices.

      It's all about personal preferences...
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by kyphur View Post
      You never pay for shipping on in-store pick-up orders...

      There are plenty of iPhone customers who prefer the personal service offered by Best Buy Mobile and don't mind coming into the store for their devices.

      It's all about personal preferences...
      Oh sure. Agreed. And I admit I have a unique need here. I mean I'm not alone on this - but in the minority for sure.

      But comparing Apples to Apples - the Apple Stores let you buy in store and activate at home.

      There has to be some salesman kickback for activating in store at Best Buy. There's a reason why Best Buy is requiring a trip to the store - other than just a chance to offer good customer service. There's some 'other' reason.

      Also not trying to be a smarta** on this end either.. But it doesn't add up. I'm pretty sure AT&T and Verizon also require the same thing when in store - but that makes more sense to me for some reason. Best Buy is not a carrier store but a 'broker' of many carriers.
    1. kyphur's Avatar
      kyphur -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      Oh sure. Agreed. And I admit I have a unique need here. I mean I'm not alone on this - but in the minority for sure.

      But comparing Apples to Apples - the Apple Stores let you buy in store and activate at home.

      There has to be some salesman kickback for activating in store at Best Buy. There's a reason why Best Buy is requiring a trip to the store - other than just a chance to offer good customer service. There's some 'other' reason.
      There is no kickback to activating in store, all authorized resellers (which is basically anyone offering AT&T service except the corporate stores) make their money on the contract (upgrade or new line) and the device sale.

      The reasons are truly related to providing the best customer service possible to the greatest number of customers. Imagine how many customers would be disappointed if all of BBYM's iPhone 5 inventory was shipped to private homes instead of available in store. A lot of iPhone users are buying their first iDevice (for many it's even their first smartphone), they want the "Walk Out Working" service provided at BBYM. It's the same for GSP (Geek Squad Protection) on iPhones, it costs more that AppleCare+ but also provides more service with no limit on claims for accidental damage, no deductible, rapid exchange, and free loaner phone (with a deposit of course) not to mention with about 1,100 Best Buy stores many more people live close to a BBY than an Apple Store.

      As you've said BBYM's business model just isn't for everyone but it does appeal to large enough crowd to keep them going strong.
    1. Intubepariksha's Avatar
      Intubepariksha -
      Nice price with a good features Phone.