Sprint Reveals 1.5 Million iPhone Sales in Third Quarter
Last Week Verizon
shared their third quarter earnings and yesterday AT&T
shared their statistics from the third quarter. Today, Sprint has launched a press release that sheds some light on some of their numbers relating to the third quarter.
Sprint reveals that they have sold a total of 1.5 million iPhones in the third quarter and that 40% of these iPhone sales were new customers, the other 60% being Sprint's returning customers.
Sprint's 1.5 million iPhone sales are not as impressive as Verizon's 3.1 million iPhones and AT&T's 4.7 million iPhones.
What the numbers do show is that even though Sprint is the only carrier of the United States’ top three iPhone carriers to still offer current unlimited data plans, iPhone customers are still flocking to AT&T and Verizon for business. Much of this might be blamed on Sprint's limited LTE coverage and below-par data speeds.
Sprint shares that they currently have LTE coverage in 32 cities and 115 more are going to join in the list in just a few months. The additional coverage could possibly help spur Sprint's iPhone 5 sales in the future.