• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Samsung Doesn't Infringe Apple Patent According to Dutch Court


    A Dutch court recently ruled that Samsung’s Galaxy smartphones and tablets do not infringe on Apple’s multitouch technology patent. According to Reuters, the ruling on Apple’s multitouch utility patent is another Dutch loss for the company, and comes after an appeals court found that Samsung didn’t infringe on the iPad’s design patents with the Galaxy 10.1 as well. "With these products Samsung does not infringe the claims that Apple has made," the court said in its ruling.

    The Hague ruled that Samsung didn't infringe on Apple’s pinch-to-zoom patent, which is a property asserted multiple times against competing handset makers to little success. The Cupertino California company previously denied an injunction request of Samsung’s products based on the patent by the Dutch court in 2011. The multitouch patent was also asserted unsuccessfully by HTC in Britain, as well as in Germany against Motorola and Samsung.

    The decision marks yet another setback for Apple as the company continues to put up a fight in an ongoing patent battle with Samsung. Apple’s “rubber banding” patent, which was successfully asserted against Samsung in the landmark Apple vs. Samsung jury trial, was tentatively invalidated. The suit is still going through post-trial motions and Judge Lucy Koh will be responsible for taking new information into consideration. The Cupertino California company has the chance to appeal the USPTO’s decision or convince the agency that its invention was new and valid. As of right now it isn't exactly clear what decision Judge Koh will arrive at but if the patent is found to be invalid, all claims against Samsung associated with the invention will be nullified.

    We’ll have to be patient and wait and see what’s to come.

    Source: Reuters
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Samsung Doesn't Infringe Apple Patent According to Dutch Court started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 19 Comments
    1. Modding life's Avatar
      Modding life -
      Yeah well good luck with that because I don't believe it
    1. NakedFaerie's Avatar
      NakedFaerie -
      I would love to see all the court cases Apple have against others be denied and all future cases denied as Apple are putting more effort into suing others than making better devices. Think about it, if they only started half the lawsuits we would have an awesome iPhone 5 but no, they rather waste YOUR money that you paid for that dodgy iPhone5 and sue Samsung instead.
      STOP giving Apple money to start these stupid lawsuits and instead force them to design a better device that is actually better than their competition.
    1. MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
      MetallicaFan1991 -
      Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
      I would love to see all the court cases Apple have against others be denied and all future cases denied as Apple are putting more effort into suing others than making better devices. Think about it, if they only started half the lawsuits we would have an awesome iPhone 5 but no, they rather waste YOUR money that you paid for that dodgy iPhone5 and sue Samsung instead.
      STOP giving Apple money to start these stupid lawsuits and instead force them to design a better device that is actually better than their competition.
      Erm, its only the legal department who sue not the designers. #FAIL
    1. dannyrocket's Avatar
      dannyrocket -
      Who cares what he writes. He has an opinion as we all do and the last time I checked, this was a site to help with jail breaking your idevices.
      Didn't know this was a pro Apple site?!?!

      I laugh When I see people get all bent out of shape all because the guy does not like Apple and says what he says.

      This is an anonymous site,a public board and people have the right to say as they wish. Modmyi stands for mod my idevice, not OMG I so love Apple.

      Life is to short my friends to get upset about anonymous comments.

      Ok rant over. Lol.
    1. Ambi_Valence's Avatar
      Ambi_Valence -
      Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
      I would love to see all the court cases Apple have against others be denied and all future cases denied as Apple are putting more effort into suing others than making better devices. Think about it, if they only started half the lawsuits we would have an awesome iPhone 5 but no, they rather waste YOUR money that you paid for that dodgy iPhone5 and sue Samsung instead.
      STOP giving Apple money to start these stupid lawsuits and instead force them to design a better device that is actually better than their competition.
      I'd love to insult you but I won't. All I will say is that if Apple hold the patent then whether or not it is stupid or whether they invented, the bottom line is they hold the patent and can enforce. That goes for anybody. If the law is an *** then government are to blame, not corporations. Corportaions are within their rights to sue be that Apple, Samsung or anybody else.
    1. NakedFaerie's Avatar
      NakedFaerie -
      Quote Originally Posted by Modding life View Post
      I'm with you on this I hate fandroids as well
      How can I be a fandroid when I have 3 iPhones and 2 iPads?

      As my signature said I'm NOT a clone, I have my own thoughts and I like things my way not like you two clones that don't like people with their own thoughts.
      Just because someone has an opinion that's not the same as yours doesn't give you the right to abuse them on a public open forum. But it is open and you can abuse anyone you like, but abuse is not tolerated here and you will probably get banned if you did.
    1. hitman10's Avatar
      hitman10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by dannyrocket View Post
      Who cares what he writes. He has an opinion as we all do and the last time I checked, this was a site to help with jail breaking your idevices.
      Didn't know this was a pro Apple site?!?!

      I laugh When I see people get all bent out of shape all because the guy does not like Apple and says what he says.

      This is an anonymous site,a public board and people have the right to say as they wish. Modmyi stands for mod my idevice, not OMG I so love Apple.

      Life is to short my friends to get upset about anonymous comments.

      Ok rant over. Lol.
      As i agree with the first part of your comment, you must be joking with the 2nd.. "Didn't know this was a pro Apple site?!?!" GTFO dude, what do you expect, people to be loving the competition, umm lets see, they make a website all about apple products because we/they are not pro apple. I thought you were going somewhere with your comment but apparently not. And unless they changed the name is was never Mod My Idevice it was mod my iphone, then apple made all these other devices.
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
      As i agree with the first part of your comment, you must be joking with the 2nd.. "Didn't know this was a pro Apple site?!?!" GTFO dude, what do you expect, people to be loving the competition, umm lets see, they make a website all about apple products because we/they are not pro apple. I thought you were going somewhere with your comment but apparently not. And unless they changed the name is was never Mod My Idevice it was mod my iphone, then apple made all these other devices.
      Correct, this is an Apple news site. There is a sister android/windows phone etc site: ModMyMobile Forums
      Won't stop the haters from coming here though lol
    1. bsltiger's Avatar
      bsltiger -
      Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
      I would love to see all the court cases Apple have against others be denied and all future cases denied as Apple are putting more effort into suing others than making better devices. Think about it, if they only started half the lawsuits we would have an awesome iPhone 5 but no, they rather waste YOUR money that you paid for that dodgy iPhone5 and sue Samsung instead.
      STOP giving Apple money to start these stupid lawsuits and instead force them to design a better device that is actually better than their competition.
      I don't think you understand what's going on. You constantly post about how "Apple should make better phones/devices instead of wasting time suing other companies" (albeit with much worse grammar)

      Now of course I don't know exactly what's going on behind the scenes, so I am not speaking with certainty when I say what I'm about to say.

      Follow this hypothetical situation in which all resemblance to real companies is entirely coincidental.



      "Company X" is coming up with some awesome ideas and features. It implements them in its devices that it creates. It is a company genuinely intent on creating the greatest device possible and winning a hypothetical "device war" with innovative features. Company X releases its device, its commercials, promotions, campaigns, etc.

      The next day (arbitrary time lapse) it looks on the TV, in the stores, and in the hands of the public, and what does it see? "Company Y" selling and promoting devices using the same features Company X made, created, documented, patented, and promoted! How is Company X supposed to win a hypothetical "device war" by having awesome features when all the features it creates get copied??!?!! What could it possibly do but sue for infringement on patents?! It's the only way to keep the innovations and device superiority that it worked so hard to create!



      Any company can fit as Company X. Any company can fit as Company Y. I left it hypothetical because I'm not sure which company is the original innovator or if the features that are supposedly copied are actually copied rather than coincidentally similar.

      While I know I'm not sure and I know someone out there is sure, I know damn well you aren't. Now please, think about the entire situation of MULTIBILLION DOLLAR legal disputes before you spout of nonsense again in places that I can see it. It makes me feel bad to know that people as ignorant and as stupid as you exist.

      Thank you.
    1. dannyrocket's Avatar
      dannyrocket -
      Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
      As i agree with the first part of your comment, you must be joking with the 2nd.. "Didn't know this was a pro Apple site?!?!" GTFO dude, what do you expect, people to be loving the competition, umm lets see, they make a website all about apple products because we/they are not pro apple. I thought you were going somewhere with your comment but apparently not. And unless they changed the name is was never Mod My Idevice it was mod my iphone, then apple made all these other devices.
      Ah, another thing that makes me laugh are the Internet tough guys like you hitman10, really you're gonna call me an idiot?

      You see hitman10, once you start calling people names, you just lost all credibility. You wanna dispute what I said, fine. But to call me names and all isn't cool.

      I was once ignorant and acting like a 13 year old but I grew up and matured. I suggest you do the same.
      LMAO, "hitman10". Are you living out you're tough guy fantasy?

      PS. No need to edit you're post tough guy. Besides I highly doubt you would be someone to just call another man an idiot in the street, hence why you must feel like a bad *** calling someone an idiot over the Internet.

      Thanks for the laugh tough guy!
      Have a nice day.
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by dannyrocket View Post
      Ah, another thing that makes me laugh are the Internet tough guys like you hitman10, really you're gonna call me an idiot?

      You see hitman10, once you start calling people names, you just lost all credibility. You wanna dispute what I said, fine. But to call me names and all isn't cool.

      I was once ignorant and acting like a 13 year old but I grew up and matured. I suggest you do the same.
      LMAO, "hitman10". Are you living out you're tough guy fantasy?

      PS. No need to edit you're post tough guy. Besides I highly doubt you would be someone to just call another man an idiot in the street, hence why you must feel like a bad *** calling someone an idiot over the Internet.

      Thanks for the laugh tough guy!
      Have a nice day.
      He didn't edit it, I did, as insulting another member is against forum rules.
    1. 1shuttle1's Avatar
      1shuttle1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
      As i agree with the first part of your comment, you must be joking with the 2nd.. "Didn't know this was a pro Apple site?!?!" GTFO dude, what do you expect, people to be loving the competition, umm lets see, they make a website all about apple products because we/they are not pro apple. I thought you were going somewhere with your comment but apparently not. And unless they changed the name is was never Mod My Idevice it was mod my iphone, then apple made all these other devices.
      If I recall they did not change their name from modmyiphone to modmyi because Apple came out with other products. The company we love so much sent them a letter to stop using that name or be sued. They did the same thing to everythingicafe which used to be everythingiphone.
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by 1shuttle1 View Post
      If I recall they did not change their name from modmyiphone to modmyi because Apple came out with other products. The company we love so much sent them a letter to stop using that name or be sued. They did the same thing to everythingicafe which used to be everythingiphone.
      You are correct. Name actually change twice. First name it was changed to wasn't quite different enough for Apple from what I remember so had to change again to modmyi.
    1. dannyrocket's Avatar
      dannyrocket -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      He didn't edit it, I did, as insulting another member is against forum rules.
      Thank you.
      When I saw the email I was working on my jetski all morning and was frustrated, so hitman10, if I came across a bit harsh, I apologize to you.
    1. feidhlim1986's Avatar
      feidhlim1986 -
      Oh look, fancy that! Apple lost yet another case outside of California. Common sense prevails!
    1. Modding life's Avatar
      Modding life -
      Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
      How can I be a fandroid when I have 3 iPhones and 2 iPads?

      As my signature said I'm NOT a clone, I have my own thoughts and I like things my way not like you two clones that don't like people with their own thoughts.
      Just because someone has an opinion that's not the same as yours doesn't give you the right to abuse them on a public open forum. But it is open and you can abuse anyone you like, but abuse is not tolerated here and you will probably get banned if you did.
      1i don't mean to offend
      2im not a clone I just like apple devices and think they should stay true to their roots
      3 I was thinking you a fandroid because it look like you where trying to start a flame war witch i do not like
    1. Airwaves182's Avatar
      Airwaves182 -
      ++++1111111111
    1. unison999's Avatar
      unison999 -
      People who come on this forum enough would know how much resources Apple spend on these patent lawsuits. Instead of expanding so much on patents that is not worth pursuing like square black box with round corners... Why not concentrate on the ones that Apple should be able to win? Take up less Apple's resources so they can concentrate on improving their product, and Apple can get rid of lawsuit happy company image.
      Apple under Jobs was very good at quality control, something Jobs learned from observing Sony. But lately Apple have been lacking in QC, maybe it is time for Apple to go back to its roots and bring back high QC to its products.
    1. Gamemaster77's Avatar
      Gamemaster77 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ambi_Valence View Post
      I'd love to insult you but I won't. All I will say is that if Apple hold the patent then whether or not it is stupid or whether they invented, the bottom line is they hold the patent and can enforce. That goes for anybody. If the law is an *** then government are to blame, not corporations. Corportaions are within their rights to sue be that Apple, Samsung or anybody else.
      That argument does not really hold true though. Consider this hypothetical situation. Let's say you have an intense rivalry with your neighbor and you severely dislike him. Now, assume by some odd loophole in the law, you could legally kill your neighbor. So you kill him, go to court, and win because the loophole allowed you to do it. That was clearly not right, but would you say you are not to blame and the government was? I hope not.