• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • iPad Retina Display Superior to Microsoft Surface Display According to Expert


    An expert recently decided to weigh on Steven Batchiche’s claim boasting Microsoft’s new Surface RT tablet offering more screen detail than that of the iPad. The verdict: Microsoft’s ClearType sub-pixel rendering technology does indeed give the Surface RT’s 768p display some added clarity but saying it beats the newest iPad’s 2,048 x 1,536 resolution screen is a stretch to say the least.

    Dr. Raymond Soneira of DisplayMate Tecnologies performed the comparison using an Asus tablet equipped with a 1,366 x 768 display similar to that of the Microsoft’s Surface RT (with both devices boasted Microsoft’s ClearType sub-pixel rendering feature). Here Soneria compared the ClearType display to the second and third-generation iPad, with all three devices displaying the New York Times website front page running on Safari. According to him, "the Windows ClearType 768p display on the Asus Netbook was significantly sharper than the iPad 2 768p display but also significantly less sharp than the new iPad 3 [sic] 1536p display.” He continued on to say that “it is certainly possible that the Microsoft Surface RT Tablet will perform better than the Asus Netbook, but it is very unlikely that it will turn out to be visually sharper than [the new iPad]."

    For those of you who didn’t already know, Steven Bathiche, the director of research for Microsoft’s Applied Sciences group, recently boasted about the company’s new Surface RT tablet offering more screen detail than the latest iPad on Reddit. Bathiche later added an important caveat to his claim noting that he “wanted to elaborate some more. I hope folks understand that I am not saying that one resolution is better than the other. Nor that one display is better than the other."

    Source: DisplayMate via PC World
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iPad Retina Display Superior to Microsoft Surface Display According to Expert started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 20 Comments
    1. HomieG35's Avatar
      HomieG35 -
      My eyes.... they can only see so much sharpness!

      Companies need to find a new selling point now. How about an ambient light sensor? lulz
    1. cpotoso's Avatar
      cpotoso -
      "An expert" and we are supposed to just believe....
    1. scroogelives's Avatar
      scroogelives -
      Well Microsoft isn't really know for building quality items! Look the Xbox red lights of death! Also think they are too late for the tablet market! Unless they have come up with the best possible device cause just now only way other can enter this market is cheap and plastic devices that just don't say quality!
    1. Norb's Avatar
      Norb -
      Quote Originally Posted by HomieG35 View Post
      My eyes.... they can only see so much sharpness!

      Companies need to find a new selling point now. How about an ambient light sensor? lulz
      You would rather have a light sensor over a high resolution display. LULZ NOOB....
    1. mmaboi21's Avatar
      mmaboi21 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cpotoso View Post
      "An expert" and we are supposed to just believe....
      Lol
    1. aidanharris's Avatar
      aidanharris -
      Quote Originally Posted by cpotoso View Post
      "An expert" and we are supposed to just believe....
      No you are supposed to look at the sources attached to the article and then make an informed decision on whether or not you believe what you are being told...
    1. Feanor64's Avatar
      Feanor64 -
      find something newsworthy jeez bro cmon
    1. iphoneuser1980's Avatar
      iphoneuser1980 -
      I just order one Surface, will tell u guys which one is better next week
    1. TechnoUniversity's Avatar
      TechnoUniversity -
      He didn't even do a review between the surface and the iPad. Not buying it until they do a real test.
    1. Luismiguellopezx's Avatar
      Luismiguellopezx -
      Quote Originally Posted by HomieG35 View Post
      My eyes.... they can only see so much sharpness!

      Companies need to find a new selling point now. How about an ambient light sensor? lulz
      What about 8k resolution????
    1. jOnGarrett's Avatar
      jOnGarrett -
      usually 30 days or so after a new apple product is released, there's nothing else to talk about. so websites either talk about how much money apple makes, newest cydia tweaks and lastly, useless information like this.
    1. LearningMan's Avatar
      LearningMan -
      Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
      usually 30 days or so after a new apple product is released, there's nothing else to talk about. so websites either talk about how much money apple makes, newest cydia tweaks and lastly, useless information like this.
      {Like}
    1. Mrteacup's Avatar
      Mrteacup -
      Quote Originally Posted by HomieG35 View Post
      My eyes.... they can only see so much sharpness!

      Companies need to find a new selling point now. How about an ambient light sensor? lulz
      I understand what you are saying improving the resolution cant be the selling point anymore because eventually we wont even be able to see the clarity but, our eyes have something like a capability 576 megapixels.
    1. ChicagoV's Avatar
      ChicagoV -
      Quote Originally Posted by scroogelives View Post
      Well Microsoft isn't really know for building quality items! Look the Xbox red lights of death! Also think they are too late for the tablet market! Unless they have come up with the best possible device cause just now only way other can enter this market is cheap and plastic devices that just don't say quality!
      Nothing you said warrants an exclamation point...
    1. unison999's Avatar
      unison999 -
      Quote Originally Posted by aidanharris View Post
      No you are supposed to look at the sources attached to the article and then make an informed decision on whether or not you believe what you are being told...
      But what facts he is based off of? A tablet that has similar resolution (not MS Slate).
      Now it can very well be as he said, the display will not be as sharp as iPad 3 but you do not make comparison using another manufacturer's tablet for a real informed decision.
    1. kalpesh78's Avatar
      kalpesh78 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cpotoso View Post
      "An expert" and we are supposed to just believe....
      My thoughts exactly.
    1. scroogelives's Avatar
      scroogelives -
      Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoV View Post
      Nothing you said warrants an exclamation point...
      Nothing I said warrants your comment! Now go back to cage!!
    1. redline11786's Avatar
      redline11786 -
      I just wanna play Audiosuf again.
    1. JesseDegenerate's Avatar
      JesseDegenerate -
      Quote Originally Posted by cpotoso View Post
      "An expert" and we are supposed to just believe....
      no, your supposed to use that squishy thing between your shoulders to tell you that something with almost double the pixels is going to be sharper. This wasn't surprising, fanboy.
    1. AUZambo's Avatar
      AUZambo -
      Quote Originally Posted by JesseDegenerate View Post
      no, your supposed to use that squishy thing between your shoulders to tell you that something with almost double the pixels is going to be sharper. This wasn't surprising, fanboy.
      I think you should probably have paid closer attention in anatomy class.