• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 Released (Big Update)


    The iPhone Dev Team has been busy from the looks of things. Redsn0w has just been updated to version 0.9.15b1 and includes a hefty amount of new changes. The update includes major features for restoring to older iOS firmware that Apple isn’t signing anymore. Some of the major changes are outlined below via the iPhone Dev Team blog:

    Quote Originally Posted by iPhone Dev Team Blog
    • restore from any 5.x iOS to any other (up, down or the same) 5.x iOS on all devices as long as you have the correct blobs (see more below)
    • Cydia now included in the tethered 6.0 jailbreak on A4 devices
    • automatically “Just Boot” tethered when qualifying A4 device connects in DFU mode
    • untethered 6.0 jailbreak on old-bootrom 3GS
    • untethered 6.0 hactivation on any 3GS or iPhone4
    • directly restore pre-A5 devices to earlier firmware — no more complicated 15-step how-to’s with stitching, iTunes errors, and “hosts file” concerns
    • fetch new signed blobs for any IPSW (present or future — no redsn0w update required) using Extras->SHSH Blobs->New
    • block the BB update for any 3GS or iPhone4 restore (past, present, or future — no redsn0w update required) using Extras->Even More->Restore
    • deactivate any iPhone, useful for testing your “official” unlock status through iTunes. (Please only deactivate your own iPhone!)
    • activation status shown on “Even more” page
    • significantly more (very nerdy) info returned by “Identify” button when device is in Normal mode
    • tethered jailbreak of ATV2 supported (but the only thing available for it is the SSH2 custom bundle available here — no Cydia yet. Must use “Select IPSW” for tethered boot of ATV2 for now).
    • auto-exit WTF mode for older devices with broken buttons
    • any time a set of blobs is fetched remotely (from Apple or Cydia), redsn0w also saves them locally (and will check there first if you click “Local”)
    • for your future restoring convenience, you should also submit all of your past and present TinyUmbrella blobs to Cydia if you haven’t done so yet. Resubmitting is okay and won’t cause conflicts.
    The iPhone Dev Team includes even more information about the update that we will summarize in short for you below (alternatively, you can view the whole post here):
    • Restore A5 and newer devices from iOS 5 to any iOS 5 firmware you have SHSH blobs saved for
    • You cannot restore to older iOS 5 firmwares if you used OTA updating to install a new iOS update
    • Redsn0w won't be able to prevent baseband updates of A5 and newer devices
    • iPad 2 users can use iOS 4 SHSH blobs for restoring to iOS 5 (if you have iOS 4 and iOS 5 SHSH blobs saved) even when on a newer firmware such as iOS 6

    One of the important parts of the update is that redsn0w 0.9.15b1 now installs Cydia on the tethered jailbreak for A4 devices. With the previous version of redsn0w that was used for jailbreaking iOS 6 on A4 and older devices, users would only get an SSH tool, since Cydia was not installed. It was possible to install Cydia manually using a command line interface such as Terminal. The jailbreak continues to be untethered for old-bootrom iPhone 3GS users.

    The iPhone Dev Team also makes note that ultrasn0w is not yet ready for iOS 6. That being said, you will probably want to stay away from iOS 6 for now if you rely on ultrasn0w. Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 will not jailbreak your iPhone 5 or iPod touch 5G and it will not jailbreak any iPhone 4S, iPad 2, or third generation iPad running iOS 6 either. The latest untethered jailbreak remains at iOS 5.1.1.

    There are a lot of changes in this new version of redsn0w to absorb into your brain at once, but everything is generally straightforward. The updated redsn0w is available for both Mac OS X and Windows – the download links are included below:


    Get downloading!

    Sources: iPhone Dev Team Blog
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 Released (Big Update) started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 114 Comments
    1. sagrav40's Avatar
      sagrav40 -
      Excellent
    1. Richard's Avatar
      Richard -
      Just a quick question.

      Can you use somebody else's blobs on your PC ? Surly it's just a matter of altering the text isn't it ?

      Can somebody please post a iPad 2 Blob for 4.*.* as I want to try something out.

      My iPad I had to upgrade to 6.0 as stuck on Aplple logo for days, so had no choice. But with this release you can go down to 5.1.1 if you have blobs saved for 5.1.1 AND 4.*.* but I only have 5.1.1 so I want to try sending a saved Blob with Redsn0w and then try and down grade.

      So please help me out with a blob for iPad 2 4.*.* and let's see if I can have a play and get it to work.

      Or do you think the blobs stitched Into a CF might work. Well if somebody helps me out I will give it a go and let you know

      Thanks
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
      Just a quick question.

      Can you use somebody else's blobs on your PC ? Surly it's just a matter of altering the text isn't it ?

      Can somebody please post a iPad 2 Blob for 4.*.* as I want to try something out.

      My iPad I had to upgrade to 6.0 as stuck on Aplple logo for days, so had no choice. But with this release you can go down to 5.1.1 if you have blobs saved for 5.1.1 AND 4.*.* but I only have 5.1.1 so I want to try sending a saved Blob with Redsn0w and then try and down grade.

      So please help me out with a blob for iPad 2 4.*.* and let's see if I can have a play and get it to work.

      Or do you think the blobs stitched Into a CF might work. Well if somebody helps me out I will give it a go and let you know

      Thanks
      Sorry to burst ur bubble but each blob is device specific. It isn't about just changing a few lines of text and it'll work. This has been tried several times before...
    1. EVO's Avatar
      EVO -
      great job iPhone DEV!

      will surely try a re-restore on my 4s on 5.1.1 when i get a chance
    1. Colwood's Avatar
      Colwood -
      Hey do the main tweaks now work since this A4 iOS 6 jailbreak went public (meaning will sbsettings cydelete work?) I don't see the point in a tethered jailbreak otherwise . Thanks
    1. fatmono's Avatar
      fatmono -
      Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
      great job iPhone DEV!

      will surely try a re-restore on my 4s on 5.1.1 when i get a chance
      Don't! I can't believe this... I was waiting very eagerly for this release and at the moment of the release I downloaded and tried it.. First it said that my iPhone was restored using OTA (which I am sure 100% is NOT true) and then 3 times in a row when I try the restore function again I get "You may have guessed the current fw incorrectly (which is NOT true as well I am indeed on 5.1.10 and it may not really be the iPhone 4S 5.1.1 fw (which is NOT true again because I downloaded it from redmondpie which had the official Apple links).

      SO STAY AWAY FELLOW JAILBREAKERS It is very buggy and you might end up losing your jailbreak like me..

      The dev team has failed me hard this time I now am stuck on iOS6 for an unknown amount of time :/
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Do you have your blobs? Ask on the blog and I'm sure we can help.
    1. NakedFaerie's Avatar
      NakedFaerie -
      Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
      Just a quick question.

      Can you use somebody else's blobs on your PC ? Surly it's just a matter of altering the text isn't it ?

      Can somebody please post a iPad 2 Blob for 4.*.* as I want to try something out.

      My iPad I had to upgrade to 6.0 as stuck on Aplple logo for days, so had no choice. But with this release you can go down to 5.1.1 if you have blobs saved for 5.1.1 AND 4.*.* but I only have 5.1.1 so I want to try sending a saved Blob with Redsn0w and then try and down grade.

      So please help me out with a blob for iPad 2 4.*.* and let's see if I can have a play and get it to work.

      Or do you think the blobs stitched Into a CF might work. Well if somebody helps me out I will give it a go and let you know

      Thanks
      Did you ever have the iPad jailbroken on IOS4? If so use TinyUmbrella to get the blobs.

      This version of RedSn0w is buggy really bad so use other means to get the blobs or do things. Just use RedSn0w to restore/downgrade. Everything else use other programs or older versions of RedSn0w.

      Quote Originally Posted by fatmono View Post
      Don't! I can't believe this... I was waiting very eagerly for this release and at the moment of the release I downloaded and tried it.. First it said that my iPhone was restored using OTA (which I am sure 100% is NOT true) and then 3 times in a row when I try the restore function again I get "You may have guessed the current fw incorrectly (which is NOT true as well I am indeed on 5.1.10 and it may not really be the iPhone 4S 5.1.1 fw (which is NOT true again because I downloaded it from redmondpie which had the official Apple links).

      SO STAY AWAY FELLOW JAILBREAKERS It is very buggy and you might end up losing your jailbreak like me..

      The dev team has failed me hard this time I now am stuck on iOS6 for an unknown amount of time :/
      Yea, this version is buggy as hell. But instead of giving up so soon have a read and try again.
      When you click restore it asks if its on 5.1.1, if not press NO and it'll ask another thing then press YES. That should get you past the "not 5.1.1." error.
      IF its the iPhone 4S and IOS6 then your SOL as it CANT be downgraded. It's the same as the iPad3.

      And there are multiple firmwares for each device. I didn't realise till I had to restore my iPad3 and I downloaded the firmware I thought was right iPad3.2 but I didn't realise I have a iPad3.3. So make sure the firmware is the one matching the device. The easiest way is to let iTunes download the update but dont let it install. Tell it to update then disconnect the iDevice. That way you will download the correct firmware. If you want a previous firmware look at the start. It'll say something like iPhone4.2 or some crap like that, then just get the firmware version of that.
    1. nderosa's Avatar
      nderosa -
      I was able to jailbreak using the ipad baseband. This has allowed me to perfomr a carrier unlock. I was wondering if I could use a saved SHSH (tiny umbrella) from a previous iphone and downgrade with redsnow, if so how does one do that?
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      B
      Quote Originally Posted by nderosa View Post
      I was able to jailbreak using the ipad baseband. This has allowed me to perfomr a carrier unlock. I was wondering if I could use a saved SHSH (tiny umbrella) from a previous iphone and downgrade with redsnow, if so how does one do that?
      See Dev-Team Blog - Baseband Freedom
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by Colwood View Post
      Hey do the main tweaks now work since this A4 iOS 6 jailbreak went public (meaning will sbsettings cydelete work?) I don't see the point in a tethered jailbreak otherwise . Thanks
      No, most tweaks aren't iOS 6 compatible yet. Very few are.
    1. LTechTalk's Avatar
      LTechTalk -
      I have my SHSH blobs saved for the iPad 2 . Can I downgrade it ? Also can I get the iPad 2 in Pwned DFU ?
    1. LastSonOfKrypton's Avatar
      LastSonOfKrypton -
      Quote Originally Posted by LTechTalk View Post
      I have my SHSH blobs saved for the iPad 2 . Can I downgrade it ?
      Read the article.
    1. fatmono's Avatar
      fatmono -
      Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
      Yea, this version is buggy as hell. But instead of giving up so soon have a read and try again.
      When you click restore it asks if its on 5.1.1, if not press NO and it'll ask another thing then press YES. That should get you past the "not 5.1.1." error.
      IF its the iPhone 4S and IOS6 then your SOL as it CANT be downgraded. It's the same as the iPad3.

      And there are multiple firmwares for each device. I didn't realise till I had to restore my iPad3 and I downloaded the firmware I thought was right iPad3.2 but I didn't realise I have a iPad3.3. So make sure the firmware is the one matching the device. The easiest way is to let iTunes download the update but dont let it install. Tell it to update then disconnect the iDevice. That way you will download the correct firmware. If you want a previous firmware look at the start. It'll say something like iPhone4.2 or some crap like that, then just get the firmware version of that.
      Well the iPhone is my primary phone and I had no time for who knows how long Q/A session.. Unfortunately I have already restored it and I am stuck to iOS6
    1. csglinux's Avatar
      csglinux -
      Great work, as always, MuscleNerd & co. Many thanks :-)
    1. D0D's Avatar
      D0D -
      Quote Originally Posted by Colwood View Post
      Hey do the main tweaks now work since this A4 iOS 6 jailbreak went public (meaning will sbsettings cydelete work?) I don't see the point in a tethered jailbreak otherwise . Thanks
      I have updated my iPhone 4 to ios 6 and jailboke it with this redsnow release and I have loaded a theme into I have been working on and the icons as well as the auto skinning of the istore icons works. I have the clock and notes skinned as well. Iconoclasm is a bit off as using the 4x3 with no top centers the icons with a space on the top and the bottom as though there are actually 5 rows of icons. Sbsettings seems to work. I do not know about cydelete.

      D0D
    1. AndrewP15's Avatar
      AndrewP15 -
      I am having trouble getting this to work on my iphone 3gs ! when I put the phone in DFU mode it says exploit failed. Im not sure why ! has anyone had this problem ? or know how to fix it ?
    1. iYeow's Avatar
      iYeow -
      Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP15 View Post
      I am having trouble getting this to work on my iphone 3gs ! when I put the phone in DFU mode it says exploit failed. Im not sure why ! has anyone had this problem ? or know how to fix it ?
      Are you using Pwned DFU mode ?
    1. AndrewP15's Avatar
      AndrewP15 -
      Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
      Are you using Pwned DFU mode ?
      Im going through the steps that redsnow gives you ! so I believe it is PWND DFU ! I have tried multiple times and it just gives exploit failed.
    1. Josephino90's Avatar
      Josephino90 -
      Hello, Can someone help me? I have a iphones 4s. I was on ios 5.0.1 jailbroken. Then I recieved battery draining errors so I restored and every seems fine now but I notice I got restored to ios 6. And I dident know about these SHSH blob things until after the fact that I restored. Is there a way I can get my SHSH blobs from ios 5.0.1 if I am currently running ios6 unjailbroken? :/