• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Apple Updates Apple Store App for iPhone 5


    When the iPhone 5 was announced last month, Apple started updating a ton of their applications for the new four-inch display so that users could experience these applications taking advantage of the extra half-inch of real estate. One application that was never updated was Apple’s free Apple Store application, which allows users to browse through the Apple Store for devices and accessories.

    Today, Apple has finally issued an update for the Apple Store application (version 2.3.2), so it takes full advantage of the iPhone 5’s four-inch display instead of leaving those hideous black placeholders at the top and bottom of the display. It doesn't include any other new features.

    The extra space provided by the iPhone 5’s four-inch display gives the user some extra room to view content throughout the application with less scrolling involved, as minimal as it may be.

    As always, the Apple Store application is a free download from the App Store (link). If you find yourself looking at Apple’s store Web site a lot from Mobile Safari, why not grab Apple’s free application instead?

    Sources: App Store
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Updates Apple Store App for iPhone 5 started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 12 Comments
    1. Breezy215's Avatar
      Breezy215 -
      I'll be so glad when most apps are updated... But they're getting there...
    1. Rcworship's Avatar
      Rcworship -
      Hey Anthony,

      When is the modmyi app going to get rid of "those hideous black placeholders" you mentioned? He he;P
    1. Robert A Petersen's Avatar
      Robert A Petersen -
      And STILL no iPad version of the app. This is seriously like the only (as far as I've seen) the only Apple made app without an iPad version! What's up with that? :-P
    1. hogcia's Avatar
      hogcia -
      Apple needs to redesign their AppStore. It sucks on iOS6.
    1. plumoso's Avatar
      plumoso -
      Modmyi needs a serious upgrade no iPad version , no support for iPhone 5 and every you tube video never plays .... What up with that !!!!!
    1. blkcadi's Avatar
      blkcadi -
      Quote Originally Posted by plumoso View Post
      Modmyi needs a serious upgrade no iPad version , no support for iPhone 5 and every you tube video never plays .... What up with that !!!!!
      Their working on it, besides other updates too.
    1. Mrteacup's Avatar
      Mrteacup -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rcworship View Post
      Hey Anthony,

      When is the modmyi app going to get rid of "those hideous black placeholders" you mentioned? He he;P
      better yet when will it get rid of all it's glitches. Or when will writers put a link to the video instead of just bbc embed videos? Or fix the keyboard typing on this shiz
    1. bmwraw8482's Avatar
      bmwraw8482 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Robert A Petersen View Post
      And STILL no iPad version of the app. This is seriously like the only (as far as I've seen) the only Apple made app without an iPad version! What's up with that? :-P

      No passbook either
    1. KraXik's Avatar
      KraXik -
      Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
      Their working on it, besides other updates too.
      Exciting stuff. Needs it badly!

      Any ETA?
    1. charliebee's Avatar
      charliebee -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rcworship View Post
      Hey Anthony,

      When is the modmyi app going to get rid of "those hideous black placeholders" you mentioned? He he;P
      I was about the say the exact same thing!
    1. Scotty Manley Silberhorn's Avatar
      Scotty Manley Silberhorn -
      Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
      Apple needs to redesign their AppStore. It sucks on iOS6.
      I agree. It's horrible! And not just because its change. They could've done a way better more efficient design. The design before this one was a better design.
    1. hogcia's Avatar
      hogcia -
      Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
      I agree. It's horrible! And not just because its change. They could've done a way better more efficient design. The design before this one was a better design.
      YES! The old design was better