• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Apple's Yerba Buena Event Banner Possibly Hints at Taller Next-Gen iPhone


    Apple has recently finished decorating the front of the Yerba Buena center in preparation for the September 12th media event with a rather colorful display. The Cupertino California company is expected to announce the next-generation iPhone at the event along with some updates to the iPod lineup as well. To the average person, the first glance of the front decoration seems to just be a colorful display with an Apple logo, something that the company hasn’t stuck with before.

    According to a MacRumors user, Zaym, Apple’s Yerba Buena center display has more to it than what meets the eye. He pointed out that you can see stretched versions of iOS icons including Game Center, iTunes, Music and App Store in the design if you look closely. If you look closely and/or manipulate the picture by skewing it and shrinking it, you too can verify that this is in fact true. Another use by the name of roosternugget posted an image to help identify the design to the corresponding app icon, which can be found below:



    There stretched icons point to one of the long-time rumors of Apple finally introducing a taller iPhone with a 4’’ diagonal screen. This obviously isn’t confirmed but seems to go along with what is being seen here. If in fact this is true, it is quite brilliant to see how Apple incorporated such an idea in the outside display of the center. We’ll find out soon enough when Wednesday rolls around as the unveiling is set to take place then.

    Source: MacRumors
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple's Yerba Buena Event Banner Possibly Hints at Taller Next-Gen iPhone started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 25 Comments
    1. feidhlim1986's Avatar
      feidhlim1986 -
      Maybe I'm just missing something, but how does this add evidence to a taller iPhone with a 4" screen?
    1. Jato_BZ's Avatar
      Jato_BZ -
      Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
      Maybe I'm just missing something, but how does this add evidence to a taller iPhone with a 4" screen?
      At just a guess, the icons being stretched beyond what they have previously known. Well that's my take on it...
    1. moribo's Avatar
      moribo -
      Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
      Maybe I'm just missing something, but how does this add evidence to a taller iPhone with a 4" screen?
      It doesn't. lol Someone is grasping at straws.
    1. jabij1's Avatar
      jabij1 -
      Ok this is too much :P
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Whether or not this proves or disproves any rumors, the art is still pretty amazing IMO.
    1. GooseG's Avatar
      GooseG -
      Quote Originally Posted by moribo View Post
      It doesn't. lol Someone is grasping at straws.
      Yes it does. Because the 4" display would have a 16:9 aspect ratio. And if you use the current icons, they would stretch. Not as much as the banner though.
    1. ankit_jedi's Avatar
      ankit_jedi -
      If you check out the decoration done during new iPad launch in San Francisco, it clearly showed large retina icon that Apple uses in its website. You know what happened next, the new iPad with Retina Display!!.

      So by that logic, this year's decoration could mean anything like BIG screen or major changes in those apps.
    1. MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
      MetallicaFan1991 -
      I HATE that "Music" icon, I want my "iPod" app back!!! The picture does relate to the new iPhone 5 screen being taller, I'd rather have the screen widened by an icon length aswell.
    1. reznor9's Avatar
      reznor9 -
      Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
      Maybe I'm just missing something, but how does this add evidence to a taller iPhone with a 4" screen?
      I can see the symbolism. As the icons are stretched vertically and not horizontally it can convey a vertical stretch in the screen size. Aka a taller screen.
    1. stylin's Avatar
      stylin -
      Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
      I HATE that "Music" icon, I want my "iPod" app back!!! The picture does relate to the new iPhone 5 screen being taller, I'd rather have the screen widened by an icon length aswell.
      I completely agree. Wider would be better than taller. Or is that a samsung patent?
    1. meatholes's Avatar
      meatholes -
      Idk about this indicating a taller iPhone, but it leads me to believe new colors will be available for some of the refreshed products.
    1. moribo's Avatar
      moribo -
      Quote Originally Posted by GooseG View Post
      Yes it does. Because the 4" display would have a 16:9 aspect ratio. And if you use the current icons, they would stretch. Not as much as the banner though.
      If you consider this hard proof of a bigger iPhone you are deluded.
    1. Amraam's Avatar
      Amraam -
      PMSL. More rumours than a soccer mom lunch meet.
    1. claustin's Avatar
      claustin -
      Quote Originally Posted by moribo View Post
      It doesn't. lol Someone is grasping at straws.
      Apple's use of symbolism in its banners for these events is pretty well documented. It's not a "stretch (har har)" at all to think it may mean a taller screen.

      Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
      I HATE that "Music" icon, I want my "iPod" app back!!! The picture does relate to the new iPhone 5 screen being taller, I'd rather have the screen widened by an icon length aswell.
      While I could care less about the music icon, I agree 100% that making the screen only taller is quite disappointing. A taller screen doesn't make it at all better for things like web browsing or reading email. If it was taller AND wider, it would improve these functions dramatically. I'm not talking Samsung ginormous big, but an icon width, as you say, would be great. It would allow for larger text, not just more text.
    1. indyracer05's Avatar
      indyracer05 -
      This work of art, whether it's symbolism to the iphone 5 or not, is brilliant! I love how Apple pays attention to detail. Like to the average person, the art looks like random colors but its actually stretched icons, just brilliant! This is what seperates Apple from other companies… attention to detail
    1. ssschlam's Avatar
      ssschlam -
      Ipod think it is hinting at the rumors of the ipod touch becoming available in different colors.
    1. waye2's Avatar
      waye2 -
      how about not only white and black iphone models
    1. bigboyz's Avatar
      bigboyz -
      Just a few more days and we'll all know without the speculation..thankfully.
    1. jadid's Avatar
      jadid -
      Quote Originally Posted by moribo View Post
      If you consider this hard proof of a bigger iPhone you are deluded.
      This work of art, whether it's symbolism to the iphone 5 being larger or not, is brilliant! Apple is known for it's attention to detail so I don't doubt they had this in mind. The average person, like yourself, may only see random colors but its actually stretched icons, which I think it's brilliant! This is what seperates Apple from other companies… their attention to details.
    1. Airwaves182's Avatar
      Airwaves182 -
      A wider screen would be awesome! The keyboard feels too small for me now