• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Apple Announces iPhone 5 Event for September 12th


    Ladies and gentlemen, it's official. As widely anticipated, Apple will formally unveiled it's 6th generation iPhone next Wednesday, September 12th.

    Moments ago, word broke that Apple has begun inviting media to a company event scheduled for next week. Although no directly-stated mention of the iPhone was found on the invitation, Apple is all but certainly going to take the covers off of the refreshed iPhone next week.

    The invitations, which read "It's almost here," display a bold number 12 in light of the event's date. But the shadow cast by the date reflects a number 5, indicating that Apple is likely going to call the next-gen iPhone the "iPhone 5."

    For now, few other details we've heard in the rumor mill in recent months can be confirmed or denied. But we can finally put a time frame on when all of these answers and more will become clear.

    As of this writing, it's safe to expect a new iPhone on shelves or at your door on or around September 21st.

    Source: Apple
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Announces iPhone 5 Event for September 12th started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 101 Comments
    1. dread33's Avatar
      dread33 -
      Well I have being for this one to come but I'm a bit sceptic of it bcos once it's out there are going to be those who say it has problems as well
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Who-cares-what-it's-called!!!
    1. dustbust1234's Avatar
      dustbust1234 -
      I mean, what about the new iPod touches?
    1. Luismiguellopezx's Avatar
      Luismiguellopezx -
      i knew it....
    1. skiptowncat's Avatar
      skiptowncat -
      Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
      Huh? So there's a difference between July 4th and the 4th of July? Makes no sense my friend.
      Not in my world.
    1. MAYORLIM's Avatar
      MAYORLIM -
      1 week to reveal....This will end all speculations on the iPhone 5...I can't wait to see the actual product...
    1. iphonogasm's Avatar
      iphonogasm -
      so is it official. the 12th is release date? Can i sell my ip4? also can i purchase in NZ as soon as its released?
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by iphonogasm View Post
      so is it official. the 12th is release date? Can i sell my ip4? also can i purchase in NZ as soon as its released?
      They are announcing it on the 12th. Not releasing it. Your questions should be answered during the announcement.
    1. Tperry's Avatar
      Tperry -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigliquid530 View Post
      I wonder if the rumors are gonna be true that if you upgrade to an iPhone 5 with the dicounted price thru Verizon they will take away your unlimited data plan forcing you to buy it outright in order to keep your unlimited data
      Ain't no rumor. This has been in effect since around June 29th. If you are on unlimited data and upgrade to ANY subsidized smart phone you will have to go to tiered data or into the Share Everything plan. Only options are pay full price, add another line to your account and transfer the phone to the line you want or eBay/Craigslist.
    1. catstide's Avatar
      catstide -
      upgrade question since were a bit off track anyway...

      I don't mind buying outright to keep my unlimited data but I want to give my 4s to my wife.She has a dumb phone so I'll have to have data added to her line. Can I add data without going to the whole shared thing?
    1. Browning151's Avatar
      Browning151 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
      Ain't no rumor. This has been in effect since around June 29th. If you are on unlimited data and upgrade to ANY subsidized smart phone you will have to go to tiered data or into the Share Everything plan. Only options are pay full price, add another line to your account and transfer the phone to the line you want or eBay/Craigslist.
      Is AT&T doing this too or is this just Verizon?
    1. LilyKing's Avatar
      LilyKing -
      can not wait...
    1. Tperry's Avatar
      Tperry -
      Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
      upgrade question since were a bit off track anyway...

      I don't mind buying outright to keep my unlimited data but I want to give my 4s to my wife.She has a dumb phone so I'll have to have data added to her line. Can I add data without going to the whole shared thing?
      If you are an existing Verizon customer you can transfer the phone to her and go to tiered data on HER line. You would keep unlimited on yours by buying outright.

      Quote Originally Posted by Browning151 View Post
      Is AT&T doing this too or is this just Verizon?
      I am not an AT&T customer, but I'm pretty sure they went to tiered awhile ago. They just recently announced the same Family type plan where everyone draws from the same bucket of data. The main difference that I know between them is new customers with Verizon can ONLY choose the Share Everything plan. AT&T allows new customers to choose tiered or Share Everything.
    1. Om3r's Avatar
      Om3r -
      this is from last iOS 6 keynote.. if you look the iphone looks taller.. which is same as all the lastest sposed leaked iphone pictures we got.. im 100% sure they just gonna release same physical device but just taller.

    1. nealh's Avatar
      nealh -
      Quote Originally Posted by Om3r View Post
      this is from last iOS 6 keynote.. if you look the iphone looks taller.. which is same as all the lastest sposed leaked iphone pictures we got.. im 100% sure they just gonna release same physical device but just taller.

      Will I be the only disappointed person. A taller phone is ok, but you need wider for overall better surfing and viewing experience. Taller is no real help, it seems a crappy way to get a 4inch screen to meet competition size. Apple IMHO, will be dropping the ball on this. Overall, the last several years, the leaked iphone pics are very accurate. Really too bad, as they have made no real form factor change or looked at the user experience properly for the larger screen needs.

      I hope I am wrong. I will get one for my wife to get her off the Crapberry, but I will be keeping my 4S.
    1. 2k1's Avatar
      2k1 -
      We will all see tomorrow
    1. Om3r's Avatar
      Om3r -
      Quote Originally Posted by nealh View Post
      Will I be the only disappointed person. A taller phone is ok, but you need wider for overall better surfing and viewing experience. Taller is no real help, it seems a crappy way to get a 4inch screen to meet competition size. Apple IMHO, will be dropping the ball on this. Overall, the last several years, the leaked iphone pics are very accurate. Really too bad, as they have made no real form factor change or looked at the user experience properly for the larger screen needs.

      I hope I am wrong. I will get one for my wife to get her off the Crapberry, but I will be keeping my 4S.
      same here..ill be disappointed if the phone is just taller... and probably switch for Galaxy S3..
    1. juicygurl's Avatar
      juicygurl -
      I've been saying the same thing they need to make it wider. Viewing movies etc would look so much better.
    1. nealh's Avatar
      nealh -
      Quote Originally Posted by juicygurl View Post
      I've been saying the same thing they need to make it wider. Viewing movies etc would look so much better.
      I agree. I just feel they think anything they throw out there will work. I hope they are listening but I doubt it. Taller will be awkward with no better viewing experience.
      I know it will fit in the hand different but I dont care, I really try to type or use one hand to much risk of a drop.
    1. Browning151's Avatar
      Browning151 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
      If you are an existing Verizon customer you can transfer the phone to her and go to tiered data on HER line. You would keep unlimited on yours by buying outright.



      I am not an AT&T customer, but I'm pretty sure they went to tiered awhile ago. They just recently announced the same Family type plan where everyone draws from the same bucket of data. The main difference that I know between them is new customers with Verizon can ONLY choose the Share Everything plan. AT&T allows new customers to choose tiered or Share Everything.
      I hate the shared data plans that are available, I haven't seen one yet that seems in any way beneficial to me. I just hope AT&T doesn't force existing customers off unlimited plans to qualify for subsidized pricing, my iP4 is showing its age and I really don't want to have to make the choice between subsidized phone or keeping my unlimited plan.