• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Realistic Mockup of Fully-assembled Next-Gen iPhone Found at IFA 2012


    A recently released video from this week’s IFA consumer electronics show claims to be the first video that has captured a fully assembled iPhone 5. A closer inspection of the footage points to one of the more realistic mockups to date instead. According to the folks at GSM Israel, they stumbled upon the device at the booth of a third party accessory maker during its normal tour of the IFA show floor in Berlin. The device in the video has all the specs mentioned in rumors and leaks previously.

    The video can be found below:

    Youtube Video

    The device has the two-tone silver and white handset with finely brushed aluminum edges and buttons, a larger 4-inch display screen, and what appears to be a fully-assembled mini Dock Connector and rear-facing camera module. The surface of the device produces reflections that are similar to those of synthetic material compared to the traditional iPhone Gorilla glass, suggesting it’s a just a well-crafted mockup based on leaked parts and schematics.

    There were similar mockups of the second-generation iPad which mad the headlines back in January of 2012 when they were spotted at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. This was just weeks before Apple unveiled the curtain to the slimmer tablet. According to the analysis by the folks over at AppleInsider, a close up of the markings on the rear of the handset which read “Model NO. A1303” point towards a model number already used for the iPhone 3GS. The FCC ID of “BCGA1303A” was also the FCC ID for the iPhone 3GS. Nevertheless, the mockup in the video offers one of the best visual examples of what Apple’s next-generation iPhone is expected to look like when it’s debuted on September 12th.

    You can find some images of the mockup device below as well:











    Source: GSM-Israel via AppleInsider
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Realistic Mockup of Fully-assembled iPhone 5 Found at IFA 2012 started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 48 Comments
    1. cgfusion's Avatar
      cgfusion -
      OMG, it's a phone, what did you expect, "I don't like the Color", "if Apple only makes it longerI'm buying a droid" (obviously not a true Apple person)...... What a bunch of whiners. Listen everyone, IT'S A FRICKIN PHONE. I love my iPhone, yes, and looking forward to the 5 even if it's just a bigger screen, also ios6! Wah,Wah
    1. fru1tfly's Avatar
      fru1tfly -
      Quote Originally Posted by AdonisBlue View Post
      Better than what!? You ******* retards make me sick with such nonsense! Its a god damn cell phone for Christs sakes. Like how much do you actually expect... How many phones have you designed and sold on the market?

      Why is it you cant just expect a company to continue making the same great product they always made?

      Just a bunch of spoiled whiny brats!

      I totally agree. I can't stand all these people rageing about that the next iphone is not a completly redesigned wonder piece of hardware. I think the iPhone 4/4s is seriously the best phone I have ever hold in my hands. And I don't see how the design of it can be anything else than simply beautiful to anyone. Just compare it to the leading Android ones, with their crappy plastic enclosure and their giagantic sizes.
      I mean, what do you want more? What are you expecting Apple to do? Make them built unibody iPhone with a tapered design, just, cuz, uhm.., would be cool, i guess. And a larger screen! Yeah, that would be nice.. and yeah .. Just add all technologies available out there, add a mico-projector!

      Seriously, think before you comment like that. I can understand that in a modern world as this we want constant change, we can't stick to something for long. But my iPhone has never let me down, functioned always and ist just juch a wonderful device to use. And just use you imagination for once and think how a full-unibody-aluminum iPhone wpuld be like. Sure, it would look as a MacBook Pro, but that is a big piece of hardware, a laptop. Its just so much nicer to hold a cold, strong and shiny glass panel in your hand.

      And I have to admit, I don't quite like the white iPhone 6 (which it is, learn to count), the metalback just is a bit dull. The black one instead look great. Looking forward to it and what else has changed hardwarewise. Oh, and I'm not so sure about the new screen, as a man with relativley long fingers I can reach the entire screen when holding it in one hand. But only just..

      I miss a bit of the Steve in the latley Apple products :/

    1. Cokeman's Avatar
      Cokeman -
      Quote Originally Posted by AdonisBlue View Post
      Better than what!? You ******* retards make me sick with such nonsense! Its a god damn cell phone for Christs sakes. Like how much do you actually expect... How many phones have you designed and sold on the market?

      Why is it you cant just expect a company to continue making the same great product they always made?

      Just a bunch of spoiled whiny brats!
      That's funny, we are brats cause we don't like something. I don't like Ford so I don't buy them. Don't like Samsung phones, so I don't buy them either. If this is what the next iPhone is, then I guess I'm a spoiled brat. Cause that is 1 ugly phone. Unlike most people I don't buy cases for my phone. Loved the design of the iPhone 4/4S, but that 2 tone crap makes it look like a cheap Samsung knockoff.

      I do expect Apple to make a great product function & design. That's why I find it hard to believe this is what they have been working on for a year or longer.
    1. iPittsburgh's Avatar
      iPittsburgh -
      I know this is a fake, but I really would be unhappy with the headphone jack on the bottom of the phone.
    1. 90chevy454ss's Avatar
      90chevy454ss -
      Quote Originally Posted by waye2 View Post
      copied from the comments on this video, making sense for me! make sure to look at the back of your device the last thing is IC and not ID which makes it obviously fake
      reasons I Think its fake
      1. iPhone font is wrong
      2. the writing under iPhone previous iPhones say "model" and not "model NO"
      3. the writing under iPhone previous models have a ":" after "ID" and not just "."
      4. the writing under iPhone previous models have a format of MODEL ID IC this has MODEL ID ID
      5. the writing under iPhone has inconsistent spacing compared to previous iPhones
      6. the mute switch does not have the orange strip indicating mute
      but this is just an OPINION, can be very wrong
      irfaanfaki 16 minutes ago

      uhhhhhh...... No life
    1. bigboyz's Avatar
      bigboyz -
      Quote Originally Posted by waye2 View Post
      copied from the comments on this video, making sense for me! make sure to look at the back of your device the last thing is IC and not ID which makes it obviously fake
      reasons I Think its fake
      1. iPhone font is wrong
      2. the writing under iPhone previous iPhones say "model" and not "model NO"
      3. the writing under iPhone previous models have a ":" after "ID" and not just "."
      4. the writing under iPhone previous models have a format of MODEL ID IC this has MODEL ID ID
      5. the writing under iPhone has inconsistent spacing compared to previous iPhones
      6. the mute switch does not have the orange strip indicating mute
      but this is just an OPINION, can be very wrong
      irfaanfaki 16 minutes ago
      I agree with all but #6. The mute switch is in the off position, meaning you cannot see the orange strip. You see the orange strip when the mute is on. It is a mockup..not sure why everyone is getting offended. This is what the next iPhone WILL look like..we have not seen anything different as far as leaks. Not sure what kind of design everyone would like to see but I don't mind the route Apple is taking. Currently most phones are one color..two tone will be copied as well :]
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Honestly, I hope the next iPhone looks like this 'just' to see how many people will bounce and get Android...

      ...and then return to the 'ugly' iPhone they criticized! LOL!

      Don't front, you know iOS will still be smoother than Android OS, regardless of the new iPhone's design!

      ...and if my comment makes them stick w/ Android just to prove me wrong, then that is even funnier (as if their 'sticking to me' by tolerating Android)! They'll still be on MMI trying to dispute who's better...

      ....Losers....
    1. Truckerbear's Avatar
      Truckerbear -
      This 100% Fake.
    1. CONVBMW's Avatar
      CONVBMW -
      Quote Originally Posted by msb2011 View Post
      if they use the same design as iphone 4 it is going to really suck.

      LOL. Yeah but it would be a drag if they did.
    1. Mrteacup's Avatar
      Mrteacup -
      Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
      Yeah who knows. If I'm a business and told me not to power it on. I'm gonna power it on lol. Off camera or not. Who knows Tim cook is in charge and making changes. No one knew about the Mac refresh line and Tim blew me away with that. I believe he will amaze us this time. Have they ever let us down? Don't matter what it looks like I'm a sheep and will still buy it because I love the user friendly UI interface and the fact its a great product overall.
      I really think people give to much credit to CEOs.. I mean Steve deserves credit for thinking of the iPhone but it's not like the CEOs invented everything designed it engineered it etc. they run the business I mean some work a lot more on creating the device than others and that sets apple apart. The fact their executives even know their products is a big difference between them and competition.

      Also you can't really give Tim credit for this Mac refresh as to the fact all products have been in the prototype and design stages years before.. And a CFO at the time is hard to imagine helping design it..
    1. piston597's Avatar
      piston597 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cgfusion View Post
      OMG, it's a phone, what did you expect, "I don't like the Color", "if Apple only makes it longerI'm buying a droid" (obviously not a true Apple person)...... What a bunch of whiners. Listen everyone, IT'S A FRICKIN PHONE. I love my iPhone, yes, and looking forward to the 5 even if it's just a bigger screen, also ios6! Wah,Wah
      Honestly, this site has hit rock bottom over the year's I've been visiting it. As a consumer you want the best bang for your buck. If I'm spending $200-$600 of my hard earned $$ on a phone I expect it to be different than what I have. And who gives two sh*ts if you're a "true Apple person" or not, certainly not Apple, they just want your money like most companies. Apple has made great phones. I love my iPhone 4, but the novelty has worn off. It's getting old/outdated. I want something different. If you mindlessly purchase a phone just for its brand name then you have a problem. And it wasn't just the leaks of the new iPhone that have been disappointing, iOS 6 in my opinion was a pretty big let down. I don't care much for 3D maps or Siri, Passbook looks promising if they get NFC.
    1. rcm's Avatar
      rcm -
      Quote Originally Posted by waye2 View Post
      copied from the comments on this video, making sense for me! make sure to look at the back of your device the last thing is IC and not ID which makes it obviously fake
      reasons I Think its fake
      1. iPhone font is wrong
      2. the writing under iPhone previous iPhones say "model" and not "model NO"
      3. the writing under iPhone previous models have a ":" after "ID" and not just "."
      4. the writing under iPhone previous models have a format of MODEL ID IC this has MODEL ID ID
      5. the writing under iPhone has inconsistent spacing compared to previous iPhones
      6. the mute switch does not have the orange strip indicating mute
      but this is just an OPINION, can be very wrong
      irfaanfaki 16 minutes ago
      It says "mockup", so it means it was built by someone other than apple to give us an idea of what it might actually look like, for all we know is an iphone 4 with cover parts that make it look like the iphone 5.
      Well aside from that i will say this, i don't have many complains about the iphone 4, and though i never had a 4s i know i'm not missing much, yes i would like a larger screen but only because some games still force the use of a controller which take useful space in the screen, but still i can manege. Anyway I'm sure all apps will be available from iphone 4 and so far every feature of ios 6 is available on iphone 4 (except for siri which is just stupid), if the only real improvement is cosmetic and a .01 processor speed and 1 mb more of memory i'll just stick to my iphone 4 for another year until a real upgrade is available.
    1. vitaminme's Avatar
      vitaminme -
      Fake lol
    1. Airwaves182's Avatar
      Airwaves182 -
      Quote Originally Posted by piston597 View Post
      Honestly, this site has hit rock bottom over the year's I've been visiting it. As a consumer you want the best bang for your buck. If I'm spending $200-$600 of my hard earned $$ on a phone I expect it to be different than what I have. And who gives two sh*ts if you're a "true Apple person" or not, certainly not Apple, they just want your money like most companies. Apple has made great phones. I love my iPhone 4, but the novelty has worn off. It's getting old/outdated. I want something different. If you mindlessly purchase a phone just for its brand name then you have a problem. And it wasn't just the leaks of the new iPhone that have been disappointing, iOS 6 in my opinion was a pretty big let down. I don't care much for 3D maps or Siri, Passbook looks promising if they get NFC.
      ++1
    1. AUZambo's Avatar
      AUZambo -
      I'm amazed at the number of people who are saying they'll bypass the new iPhone because it looks so similar to the iPhone 4 - which is a damn fine looking phone.

      I guess I was just under the assumption that people bought the iPhone because of how it actually worked. Silly me.
    1. simpl3lang's Avatar
      simpl3lang -
      Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
      Seems like Apple is really sticking with the ugly two tone back...If I get this phone I will change the back for sure and I'm sure it will not come at a small cost either. Might skip this phone altogether.
      Maybe apple is having a hard time redesigning the iphone. Any potential new design can come close to infringing other smartphones (with all the different smartphone designs out there). A potential-lawsuit apple co planted on itself. Just saying.
      Lmao
    1. mlee19841's Avatar
      mlee19841 -
      Screw that the new iPhone will have a screen size of 2.5 and will have edge technology. Also will feature no app. Store. It will only have a big green phone call button in the center.
    1. Jj2345's Avatar
      Jj2345 -
      Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
      Screw that the new iPhone will have a screen size of 2.5 and will have edge technology. Also will feature no app. Store. It will only have a big green phone call button in the center.
      If that's true I'm buying!!! Lol
    1. teej1410's Avatar
      teej1410 -
      Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
      Looks fake
      It better be totally fake, the back looks terrible.
    1. fredHD's Avatar
      fredHD -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jj2345 View Post
      If that's true I'm buying!!! Lol
      LoL +1