Back in July, ModMyi reported on the alpha release of Tweetbot for Mac. Tweetbot is a popular third-party Twitter client by Tapbots that has blasted off in popularity for the iOS platform and the success has triggered an attempt on a Mac version of the Twitter client. Since the alpha release of Tweetbot for Mac, Tapbots has been working hard and the beta version of Tweetbot is now available on their Web site.
Due to new Twitter policy creating limits with user tokens, Tapbots removed the alpha from their site. Today, the beta version has been posted, which includes some important fixes from the alpha version, but also comes with the sad news that you wonít be able to add or re-authorize any Twitter accounts in the beta Ė according to Tapbots, this will change when the final paid release of Tweetbot for Mac is launched in the Mac App Store:
Originally Posted by Tapbots
- Pasting images into the new Tweet field
- Copying Tweets on the timeline
- Opening items in a new column
- Improved swipe gestures and keyboard shortcuts
- A new profile view
- Improved drag and drop Tweets
- Gap loading has been fixed
- Context buttons from the timeline when clicking on a Tweet added
- Tons of diverse bug fixes and performance improvements
If youíre interested in downloading the beta, you can grab it free from this link.
Sources: Tapbots Blog