• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Photos Assert Visual 'Proof' of NFC on New iPhone


    It's a subject we've broached for well over two years now - the issue of Near Field Communications (NFC) technology coming to a next-generation iPhone. Although rumors have suggested that the previous two generations could have delivered this emerging technology, only now are we seeing visual evidence to suggest a strong possibility of such a development in time for the 6th-gen model.

    On Sunday, Chinese news site Apple.pro published this supposed picture (along with others) of the next-gen iPhone in pre-assembled disarray. Of the pieces available for viewing in these shots, we're told that the photographic evidence shows that NFC technology is being implemented in the forthcoming iPhone refresh.

    While the veracity of the images cannot be officially confirmed by Apple or anyone of high credibility inside of the Apple supply and production chains, we're told that the new images - which appear to be the front assembly for Apple's new iPhone - reveal an unusual component that's never been observed on a previous iPhone model. As a result, many believe this is an NFC device of some variety.

    Ever since June, when Apple teased its upcoming “Passbook” app through iOS 6, rumors have swirled that NFC’s arrival on the iPhone is imminent. If so, it shouldn't be a great shocker to anyone that Apple wants to tap into this emerging technology. After all, Juniper Research estimates that the NFC retail payments market will top $180 billion by 2017.

    Source: Apple.pro (via Apple Insider)
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Photos Assert Visual 'Proof' of NFC on New iPhone started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 15 Comments
    1. iRevival's Avatar
      iRevival -
      Please tell me I'm seeing a removable LCD screen there.
    1. kickerman65's Avatar
      kickerman65 -
      Quote Originally Posted by iRevival View Post
      Please tell me I'm seeing a removable LCD screen there.
      You and me both! If these rumored pics turn out to be true it looks as if the new iPhone will get a whole lot easier to repair. Especially when doing a screen job. Im excited!!
    1. rickuk's Avatar
      rickuk -
      So who masked out the message that was overlaid on the photo? Originally it is reported to have said "Diaoyu Island belongs to China"

      At last Apple are going to have NFC in their phone
    1. wukillabee's Avatar
      wukillabee -
      A feature i would never use and be sure to switch OFF as soon as i pick up my new iPhone. Stuff like this just makes it easier and easier for thieves to steal your identity and bank info. Really dumb for anyone to use this stuff imo. Hackers now have devices that they can have in their pocket and just walk past you and if you have this stuff enabled or that WiFi bar symbol on your ATM/Credit cards, they automatically now have all that info! Don't rely on Apple Security either to think you're magically protected. We still can jailbreak these devices and iOS updates/upgrades, you really think cyber thieves can't also figure out how to outsmart it? Really useless feature imo unless you don't mind letting your identity become stolen
    1. jbardi's Avatar
      jbardi -
      Quote Originally Posted by wukillabee View Post
      A feature i would never use and be sure to switch OFF as soon as i pick up my new iPhone. Stuff like this just makes it easier and easier for thieves to steal your identity and bank info. Really dumb for anyone to use this stuff imo. Hackers now have devices that they can have in their pocket and just walk past you and if you have this stuff enabled or that WiFi bar symbol on your ATM/Credit cards, they automatically now have all that info! Don't rely on Apple Security either to think you're magically protected. We still can jailbreak these devices and iOS updates/upgrades, you really think cyber thieves can't also figure out how to outsmart it? Really useless feature imo unless you don't mind letting your identity become stolen
      Great, more hippie conspiracy theory crap. I think you are wearing your tinfoil hat a little too tight. They said the same thing years ago, first with the advent of credit cards, then droves of loons like you whining about online banking and online retail stores. I am sure roving groups of hackers are wondering the metropolitan streets trying to suck off personal information from unsuspecting iPhone users. Why even have a cell phone? Your data is streaming across public wifi and roaming network towers all the time. I think you would be better served locking yourself in your home with an analogue, rotary telephone. Better to be safe then sorry, right?
    1. csee4's Avatar
      csee4 -
      not to stray off topic but has anyone else noticed that the connectors on the ribbon cables are now on the opposite side of the cables? in the picture above they would be on the top, on iPhone 4, 4S the connector is on the bottom. this would mean there is also going to be a change in the layout of the logic board as well to accommodate the connector changes.
    1. dannyrocket's Avatar
      dannyrocket -
      Quote Originally Posted by jbardi View Post
      Great, more hippie conspiracy theory crap. I think you are wearing your tinfoil hat a little too tight. They said the same thing years ago, first with the advent of credit cards, then droves of loons like you whining about online banking and online retail stores. I am sure roving groups of hackers are wondering the metropolitan streets trying to suck off personal information from unsuspecting iPhone users. Why even have a cell phone? Your data is streaming across public wifi and roaming network towers all the time. I think you would be better served locking yourself in your home with an analogue, rotary telephone. Better to be safe then sorry, right?
      Very true, but you could have left the insults out.
    1. Senyaichiya's Avatar
      Senyaichiya -
      Quote Originally Posted by dannyrocket View Post
      Very true, but you could have left the insults out.
      But the insults have good imagery and you shouldn't limit a persons creativity! Kind of helps a person show how outrageous they're being.
    1. dannyrocket's Avatar
      dannyrocket -
      Quote Originally Posted by Senyaichiya View Post
      But the insults have good imagery and you shouldn't limit a persons creativity! Kind of helps a person show how outrageous they're being.
      LOL, ok fair enough. I concur!
    1. Chad711's Avatar
      Chad711 -
      The only NFC I know of is right before the Super Bowl but cool story bro
    1. xclusiveiphone's Avatar
      xclusiveiphone -
      Quote Originally Posted by kickerman65 View Post
      You and me both! If these rumored pics turn out to be true it looks as if the new iPhone will get a whole lot easier to repair. Especially when doing a screen job. Im excited!!
      I like this idea but going back to the 3G we all know that dust will eventually get under the glass and LCD, unless Apple found a way to prevent this of course.
    1. mmmmganja's Avatar
      mmmmganja -
      Quote Originally Posted by jbardi View Post
      Great, more hippie conspiracy theory crap. I think you are wearing your tinfoil hat a little too tight. They said the same thing years ago, first with the advent of credit cards, then droves of loons like you whining about online banking and online retail stores. I am sure roving groups of hackers are wondering the metropolitan streets trying to suck off personal information from unsuspecting iPhone users. Why even have a cell phone? Your data is streaming across public wifi and roaming network towers all the time. I think you would be better served locking yourself in your home with an analogue, rotary telephone. Better to be safe then sorry, right?
      Brilliant!!! Absolutely superb retort!!
    1. hogcia's Avatar
      hogcia -
      Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
      I like this idea but going back to the 3G we all know that dust will eventually get under the glass and LCD, unless Apple found a way to prevent this of course.
      YES! You are right, always Noticed the dust when using the phone outside in the sun. Hope apple does not change it.
    1. mvn's Avatar
      mvn -
      Please tell me I'm seeing a removable LCD screen there.
      Very much so, from what i have been following the new iPhone closely resembles the old 3GS assembly structure. However we will not know until official release
    1. whereisalbert's Avatar
      whereisalbert -
      In Hong Kong we pay for everything with a NFC card like the oyster in London, called the Octopus cards.
      With that we pay for the metro and buses, but also 7-11, McDonalds, Taxi's, just about anything!!
      It's great cause you don't have to carry coins or get back change as you are always paying in exact.
      People carry hundreds of dollars on their cards and there have been no news stories about people stealing money off peoples cards...so I don't see what the difference is gonna be with the iPhone. People are just scared of the unknown and are scared to say it too....I don't know....