• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • IPad Mini Case Photos Emerge


    GizChina highlighted a number of iPad case designs featuring the 7.85 dimensions of the rumored iPad mini.

    The cases in question all feature the same dimensions for the unannounced device, and include the same design which seems to confirm reports of a smaller iPod-like bezel. Also, the cases feature holes for the FaceTime camera as well as the rear facing camera.



    While the device that appears inside of the cases does feature the rumored smaller dock connector, chances are the images are renderings, or mockups based on the current rumors. The cases themselves definitely appear to be designed around the leaked/stolen parts and specifications that have started surfacing on the Internet.

    Also, there is an unusual series of opening at the top of the device with one likely being an opening for a microphone. However, the other hole placed directly above has no known purpose at the moment.

    Source: GizChina [via MacRumors]
    This article was originally published in forum thread: IPad Mini Case Photos Emerge started by Phillip Swanson View original post
    Comments 12 Comments
    1. bigboyz's Avatar
      bigboyz -
      Well there you have it..all the naysayers can now become believers :]
    1. Jacobh4's Avatar
      Jacobh4 -
      It looks like an odd shaped iPad. They should make it in between 9 and 3in!

      Correction: in the middle of 9 & 3 inches!
    1. Senyaichiya's Avatar
      Senyaichiya -
      I hope this is true I'm waiting to rub someone's face in this happening!
    1. skodwarde's Avatar
      skodwarde -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
      Well there you have it..all the naysayers can now become believers :]
      no, i stay a naysayer lol
    1. ChicagoV's Avatar
      ChicagoV -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
      Well there you have it..all the naysayers can now become believers :]
      Yeah right... this isn't at ALL like last year when the "new iPhone 5" cases started showing up online - only to not fit the actually released iPhone 4S. lol

      #IllBelieveItWhenISeeIt
    1. Senyaichiya's Avatar
      Senyaichiya -
      Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoV View Post
      Yeah right... this isn't at ALL like last year when the "new iPhone 5" cases started showing up online - only to not fit the actually released iPhone 4S. lol

      #IllBelieveItWhenISeeIt

      Maybe they were preempting for this years iPhone and not last! Super advanced notice.
    1. GmAz's Avatar
      GmAz -
      I think every Android manufacturer that makes a 7" android tablet should sue the **** out of Apple for making a mini size iPad. The idea of smaller tablets belongs to Android and in the same manner Apple handles these things, sue the **** out of Apple.
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
      I think every Android manufacturer that makes a 7" android tablet should sue the **** out of Apple for making a mini size iPad. The idea of smaller tablets belongs to Android and in the same manner Apple handles these things, sue the **** out of Apple.
      And i think you should troll on another forum. And apparently since the idea of a smaller tablet belongs to Android, does that mean that the idea of a larger tablet belongs to Apple? Your arguments are stupid. Your trolling is stupid.
    1. mmaboi21's Avatar
      mmaboi21 -
      I wouldn't mind a mini iPad. One for the mrs. and I'll keep the big one! I'm very curious to what they'd price/market it.
    1. *T*'s Avatar
      *T* -
      Quote Originally Posted by Senyaichiya View Post
      Maybe they were preempting for this years iPhone and not last! Super advanced notice.
      I assumed this as soon as I saw the keynote for the 4S. But those cases were curved, which we are now nearly certain is not the case. (pun intended)
    1. greenyoga's Avatar
      greenyoga -
      Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
      I assumed this as soon as I saw the keynote for the 4S. But those cases were curved, which we are now nearly certain is not the case. (pun intended)
      Then you should try another one
    1. BriannaFortune's Avatar
      BriannaFortune -
      Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
      I wouldn't mind a mini iPad. One for the mrs. and I'll keep the big one! I'm very curious to what they'd price/market it.

      Within hours of the mini's launch, companies including Proporta, Belkin and Cygnett announced their cases, and here are a few examples from the ranges as far as I know.

      Belkin Striped Cover with Stand - 35
      Belkin Quilted Cover with Stand - 35
      Griffin Folio for iPad mini - 30
      Griffin IntelliCase for iPad mini - 35
      Griffin Survivor for iPad mini - 50