• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Reports Claim iPad Mini to Feature Bezeless Design



    Reports from 9to5Mac and DaringFireball both claim Apple’s iPad mini will feature a near bezeless design reminiscent of the iPhone and iPod Touch.

    9to5Mac claims sources “that we have reason to believe hold knowledge about Apple’s plans on the upcoming iPad mini” have been sent a number of tips to the site regarding the device in recent weeks. The “reoccuring theme” is an iPad Mini with smaller bezels along the left and right sides, separate volume buttons (no rocker) and a mic on the back.

    DaringFireball’s John Gruber’s analysis breaks down a great deal of information other news outlets possibly misinterpreted our outright overlooked. Gruber’s analysis ultimately concludes that the iPad mini will likely have the same resolution and pixel density of the original iPad and iPad 2, while losing the massive battery of the iPad 3 allowing the device to be incredibly thin. In fact Gruber’s math pegs the iPad mini at possibly being one-third thinner than the Nexus 7. Gruber is betting on a bezeless design as well that is a little more iPhone-esque than larger iPod Touch.

    The best argument that can conceivably be made for the release of an iPad mini is the market potential. Apple simply does not have a product in the Kindle, Nexus 7, and Nook hemisphere. Apple is losing market share to the competition by simply not having a product to fill the void. Apple’s iPad mini will likely be cheaper, in the $200-$300 range while offering the same iPad experience in a smaller package.

    Still, all of this is speculation. Worries about how users will hold the device without a bezel are unfounded until the actual product is released. And this is of course based on the assumption that such a device actually exists. Lots of exciting Apple products are on the horizon. Hopefully when the sun finally sets consumers aren’t left disappointed.

    Source: 9to5Mac, DaringFireball
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Reports Claim iPad Mini to Feature Bezeless Design started by Phillip Swanson View original post
    Comments 29 Comments
    1. duromega's Avatar
      duromega -
      It looks weird !!
    1. xNEOxGENESISx's Avatar
      xNEOxGENESISx -
      Quote Originally Posted by duromega View Post
      It looks weird !!
      I actually like it without the fat frames on the sides.
    1. NakedFaerie's Avatar
      NakedFaerie -
      So the iPad mini is going to look just like a Galaxy Tab?
      HHmmmm..... Now who is copying who?
    1. Tperry's Avatar
      Tperry -
      Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
      So the iPad mini is going to look just like a Galaxy Tab?
      HHmmmm..... Now who is copying who?
      Your mistaken....Apple never copies, it ONLY innovates....didn't you know that.
    1. runey71's Avatar
      runey71 -
      Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
      So the iPad mini is going to look just like a Galaxy Tab?
      HHmmmm..... Now who is copying who?
      Ummm what Galaxy Tab would that be? All the pictures I can find of Galaxy Tabs show a full bezel all the way around.

      If Apple do go with that design it really is just a big iPod Touch rather than an iPad mini.
    1. iPhoneThereforeIAm's Avatar
      iPhoneThereforeIAm -
      Apple finally acquiescing to consumer demand at last.
      Welcome to reality, Apple.
      Could have told them this four years ago.

      OK, now that you're listening, Apple - add a 5.5" iphone to your 'line-up' (such as it is) and admit that it's YOU that serves the market ... not the reverse.
      The same stubborn tenacity that made Steve Jobs great has hurt Apple by allowing other companies to capitalise on the enormous market for larger (and now smaller) screens, free from iOS competition.
    1. n0id's Avatar
      n0id -
      Quote Originally Posted by runey71 View Post
      If Apple do go with that design it really is just a big iPod Touch rather than an iPad mini.
      i was just about to say that..

      "a giant ipod4g"
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
      So the iPad mini is going to look just like a Galaxy Tab?
      HHmmmm..... Now who is copying who?
      Smh.

      Quote Originally Posted by xNEOxGENESISx View Post
      I actually like it without the fat frames on the sides.
      I disagree. It looks better with it IMHO.
    1. MacDevil7334's Avatar
      MacDevil7334 -
      "Gruber’s analysis ultimately concludes that the iPad mini will likely have the same resolution and pixel density of the original iPad and iPad 2, while..."

      This statement is contradictory. Reports have said the iPad mini would have the same number of pixels as the original iPad and iPad 2 (1024x768 ) but these pixels would be fit into a 7 inch screen instead of 9.7 inches. This would mean the iPad mini would have a higher pixel density than the original iPad.
    1. digitalreflex's Avatar
      digitalreflex -
      At a 7" size, I like the bezel on my nook tablet as it helps to hold it without getting my fingers on the screen.
    1. buttamix's Avatar
      buttamix -
      I'm liking it. More screen
    1. southfrisco's Avatar
      southfrisco -
      I must have missed the memo that Apple actually "confirmed" an iPad mini...but I guess "sources that have reason to believe" is good enough for you people.
    1. Donnutt's Avatar
      Donnutt -
      Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
      Apple finally acquiescing to consumer demand at last.
      Welcome to reality, Apple.
      Could have told them this four years ago.

      OK, now that you're listening, Apple - add a 5.5" iphone to your 'line-up' (such as it is) and admit that it's YOU that serves the market ... not the reverse.
      The same stubborn tenacity that made Steve Jobs great has hurt Apple by allowing other companies to capitalise on the enormous market for larger (and now smaller) screens, free from iOS competition.
      Oh yes, it's hurt apple. Their stocks are plummeting. NOT!!! Get real. People will still by their products. Not everyone wants a ridiculously large screen on their phone. Apple will do what what they believe will sell, no matter what, and it WILL sell. Because they don't pander to every little whim of the consumer. They will come out with one phone a year that will outsell any other on the market. History proves this.
    1. iPhoneThereforeIAm's Avatar
      iPhoneThereforeIAm -
      Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
      Oh yes, it's hurt apple.
      Not much of a businessperson, are you ?
      Apple could have sold 100% more iOS product if it had done what all its competitors have ... and all at their expense.
      Android would be nowhere without Jobs' stubbornness.
    1. Donnutt's Avatar
      Donnutt -
      Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
      Apple could have sold 100% more iOS product if it had done what all its competitors have ... and all at their expense.
      Android would be nowhere without Jobs' stubbornness.
      That very well could be, but part of the reason apple sells so well is its exclusivity and hype. They focus more on a single product design and try to perfect it hence the hype and the beauty of the iPhone. To make multiple iPhones would have taken away from that. If they made one 5 inch screen phone, they would gain customers but would also lose many more that appreciate the form factor.
      Big Brother, I mean Steve knew best!!
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by southfrisco View Post
      I must have missed the memo that Apple actually "confirmed" an iPad mini...but I guess "sources that have reason to believe" is good enough for you people.
      +1000 - So True!!! But, by all means, let's keep arguing!
    1. soidroidios's Avatar
      soidroidios -
      Well, its fun talking about things like these... who knows? Maybe it will come true if Apple sees how excited people are about it.
    1. skodwarde's Avatar
      skodwarde -
      i will be genuinely surprised if they release this iPad mini...i just cant imagine them going through with it
    1. soidroidios's Avatar
      soidroidios -
      Well, they did things we never imagined before, so let them surprise us. They can't deny that there is a market for it already. they just have to join in on the fun
    1. Mrteacup's Avatar
      Mrteacup -
      looks very sleek however on ipads i dont think this will happen becuase we use the bezells to rest our fingers on