• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Apple Trying to Enforce Samsung Product Ban


    Apple has recently reached out to carriers and resellers of Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Galaxy Nexus, demanding that they stop selling the banned products. The actions taken by the Cupertino California company were revealed in a court filing made by Samsung just last week. The enforcement of the ban involved letters “to many carriers and retail companies that currently sell” the banner Samsung products.

    The companies were told to “immediately” remove the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in letters that went out on June 28. Similar letters related to the Galaxy Nexus smartphone weren’t sent out on July 3. Samsung argued that “Apple’s menacing letters greatly overreach, incorrectly claiming that third-party retailers are subject to the prohibitions of the preliminary injunction, which clearly they are not.” The Korean electronics maker is under the impression that retailers “are permitted to sell their existing inventory, even without a stay.”

    Florian Mueller of FOSS Patents mentioned in his analysis that Apple’s approach is “aggressive” but that Apple’s understanding of the injunction against Samsung’s products is “not baseless.” Apple’s enforcement of court-ordered injunctions against Samsung’s products comes as the two continue their legal showdown when their patent infringement trial kicks off on July 30. Both companies have accused one another of infringing upon their intellectual property with products like smartphones and tablets. In late June, Apple won temporary U.S. injunctions against Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet and the Galaxy Nexus. Samsung did end up winning a stay on the injunction against the Galaxy Nexus earlier this month.

    Source: FOSS Patents
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Trying to Enforce Samsung Product Ban started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 31 Comments
    1. Scotty Manley Silberhorn's Avatar
      Scotty Manley Silberhorn -
      Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
      Apple shouldn't be able to enforce this whatsoever. Not to mention how many "banned products" still get into the us (or states in the us) because of things like eBay or smugglers.
      The product itself isn't banned. It's the sale of the object that is banned in the united states.
    1. xLastWishx's Avatar
      xLastWishx -
      Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
      So glad I don't have any apple products. Okay I have the apple TV but now that I have a Nexus Q I can take a baseball bat to the apple TV and post it on youtube or something. Oh yeah loving my Samsung 10.1 4G tablet and Galaxy Nexus.
      How about you take that baseball bat and play baseball with the Nexus Q? I mean isn't it a ball shape? Much easier, believe me.

      On topic: This banning is completely ridiculous. I mean the patents are so simple and I feel that most are staple for the smartphone industry. Like the universal search? Come on Apple, it's just a simple phone function. I'm getting the next update of the Nexus phone when it comes out this year. I want Android to literally force Apple to innovate more. I mean iOS6 thus far has little to no appealing factors to me anymore. I rarely use Siri but Google Now looks impressive. I want heavier improvements to iOS like they did with ICS and Jellybean. I'll still get the new iPhone for the heck of it, primarily to develop applications and design themes (Just everyday business use). However I will be using the upcoming Nexus phone as my primary handset. I mean come on, best of both worlds - I as a consumer win.
    1. unison999's Avatar
      unison999 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
      umm lets see... the iPhone?

      which, last time i checked came before android,

      and i guess u could say apple got the idea from pda's but they took it a lot further, innovating it, if u will
      There is plenty of smartphones before iPhone.
      Have you looked at LG Prada? The one that came out BEFORE iPhone?
      The REAL first capacitive touch screen phone.

      By the way Android inc was acquired by Google 8/17/2005 iPhone released 1/9/2007
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
      There is plenty of smartphones before iPhone.
      Have you looked at LG Prada? The one that came out BEFORE iPhone?
      The REAL first capacitive touch screen phone.

      By the way Android inc was acquired by Google 8/17/2005 iPhone released 1/9/2007
      Lol and development for the iPhone definitely started in 2007.
    1. control635's Avatar
      control635 -
      Apple is just ruthless these days... I mean I see why they do it but jeez
    1. unison999's Avatar
      unison999 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
      Lol and development for the iPhone definitely started in 2007.
      No it definitely did not start 2007.
      But you can not prove iOS is before Android since Android was already in development before Google purchase.
      You can not prove that iPhone was innovative since LG came before Apple and it is more than likely to be developed before Apple, you know Apple is lawsuit happy I have yet to see a filing against LG.
      So where is your innovation?
    1. inappropriate response's Avatar
      inappropriate response -
      Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
      No it definitely did not start 2007.
      But you can not prove iOS is before Android since Android was already in development before Google purchase.
      You can not prove that iPhone was innovative since LG came before Apple and it is more than likely to be developed before Apple, you know Apple is lawsuit happy I have yet to see a filing against LG.
      So where is your innovation?
      well actually you can. documents from the oracle vs google case show'd they made a massive u-turn on design.
      it's pretty sad you are still reciting the old 'apple can innovate so they have to sue because they can't handle the competition'
      even if you are profoundly retarded must be able to see that they are using stolen IP. THATS why they are being sued.
      that's the reason they are being sued by Apple,Oracle,Microsoft,Gemalto,British Telecom,Nokia & Fujifilm. Are they all 'scared' and 'can't innovate' or is it a massive conspiracy theory, and everyone is 'picking' on google because they are such a threat. Google is the most sued tech company at the moment. With companies so diverse even you must be able to see that google is in the wrong here. or is it 'everyone else is wrong and i am right'
    1. Droid_4_Life's Avatar
      Droid_4_Life -
      Will be glad for the day Apple goes down.... what happened to competition? I hope they don't think they will win this..

      "Hey I bought a fridge.....I'm taking you to court because it looks like my car" - " We also want ban letters sent to dealerships to stop selling cars because it looks like our fridge"

      I know...makes no sense

      I love the fact Apple owners think apple innovates... how they "create" ideas.. How they created Apps...or how they created the "touchscreen"

      It makes me laugh at how Apple really has blinded these ppl...

      Lets step back into time and talk about " Palm".....touchscreen....
      Palm had " Apps"

      Lets move forward from the 90's.... Apple was still working with desktop computers... no phone to be found....

      Love the comment above how the ONLY comeback...

      "ummmm lets see... the iPhone"

      Iphone DIDN't come before Palm...

      educate yourself before you defend a company that wants to stop others from becoming better.. However I find the comments funny considering how this site doesn't allow links to "inappropiate apps" however has an entire site on how to jailbreak..

      If the Iphone is so great ....why jailbreak?? Android can do so much without "jailbreaking" and when rooted.....well the sales speak for themselves..
    1. unison999's Avatar
      unison999 -
      Quote Originally Posted by inappropriate response View Post
      it's pretty sad you are still reciting the old 'apple can innovate so they have to sue because they can't handle the competition'
      even if you are profoundly retarded must be able to see that they are using stolen IP.'
      black square shape for a computer device, that is the IP they are using. And if Apple would use something this, why wouldn't they use something that has more basis for lawsuit? Simple logic.
    1. soidroidios's Avatar
      soidroidios -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
      umm lets see... the iPhone?

      which, last time i checked came before android,

      and i guess u could say apple got the idea from pda's but they took it a lot further, innovating it, if u will
      just like all the other companies who took available tech further as well. Just like you say, the idea may be based on something that existed, but as long as it is implemented differently, looks different enough and is improved upon further, then it should be ok right? Android is not an iOS clone, it was built from the ground up and improved upon by gathering ideas from the world around them and improving upon it.
    1. unison999's Avatar
      unison999 -
      Quote Originally Posted by inappropriate response View Post
      well actually you can. documents from the oracle vs google case show'd they made a massive u-turn on design.
      Still the core for the use of Android is still made for mobile device. There can be some changes on programming but it was always intended for mobile device.

      Quote Originally Posted by inappropriate response View Post
      it's pretty sad you are still reciting the old 'apple can innovate so they have to sue because they can't handle the competition'
      Apple sued for square black case, that is how petty Apple is. If Apple truly is the first with the smartphone and think it can get away with it, Apple will sue for it.

      Quote Originally Posted by inappropriate response View Post
      even if you are profoundly retarded must be able to see that they are using stolen IP. THATS why they are being sued.
      Apple sued for black square tablet device, Apple would sue for anything. Their tactic is file as many injunction as possible, stop competition's product being sold by any means.

      Quote Originally Posted by inappropriate response View Post
      that's the reason they are being sued by Apple,Oracle,Microsoft,Gemalto,British Telecom,Nokia & Fujifilm. Are they all 'scared' and 'can't innovate' or is it a massive conspiracy theory, and everyone is 'picking' on google because they are such a threat. Google is the most sued tech company at the moment. With companies so diverse even you must be able to see that google is in the wrong here. or is it 'everyone else is wrong and i am right'
      Let me remind you Apple is also sued by company you mentioned. For an example stealing Nokia's patents and what was Apple's excuse? They ask too much for license so Apple decided to take it without paying.
      Guess what judges sided with Nokia's claim