• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Apple Fires Back at Italian Warranty Police


    On Monday, MMi's Phillip Swanson reported that the Italian government has supposedly threatened Apple with another fine - "and possible temporary closure of its operations in Italy" - if Apple doesn’t amend its warranty policy to comply with EU law.

    As some of you may recall, Italian antitrust authorities already succeeded at forcing Apple to pay $1.2 million in fines after the iDevice maker lost an appeal in late spring. Earlier this week, Reuters noted that additional fines and other punishments would be levied if Apple does not offer customers a free two-year warranty as demanded by Italian law.

    The AGCM said in its monthly bulletin that Apple was continuing to adopt unfair commercial practices in Italy and noted this could eventually lead to the closure of its Italian operations for up to 30 days.
    Apple, however, believes itself to be on the right side of the matter and will challenge Italy's warranty police with another appeal. "We have appealed the recent decision of the (Italian) court as it was, in our view, based upon an incorrect interpretation of the law," an Apple representative said in response to the latest threats from Italian authorities. "We have introduced a number of measures to address the Italian competition authority concerns and we disagree with their latest complaint."

    Even though Apple's Italian website still boasts of free two-year warranty coverage (which includes a variety of consumer protection measures), Italian regulators believe the warranty and its level of exposure are inadequate to meet local laws.

    Source: Reuters
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Fires Back at Italian Warranty Police started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 9 Comments
    1. Mrteacup's Avatar
      Mrteacup -
      Have fun dealing with the mafia..
    1. GmAz's Avatar
      GmAz -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
      Have fun dealing with the mafia..
      I as an Italian...approve this comment.
    1. decoy88's Avatar
      decoy88 -
      Stupid Apple. Just agree with the country's law.
    1. reopeadres's Avatar
      reopeadres -
      Why agree with a country's laws? When you apple you have the money and power to squash them like fly's. So to speak.
    1. Agent929's Avatar
      Agent929 -
      Aw I'd be pissed go kick *** apple!
    1. tabaks's Avatar
      tabaks -
      Apple should add a free espresso with every repair visit to the Genius bar.
    1. SuncoastDave's Avatar
      SuncoastDave -
      Quote Originally Posted by tabaks View Post
      Apple should add a free espresso with every repair visit to the Genius bar.
      Damn, you don't think the fanboys are wired enough already???
    1. Mrteacup's Avatar
      Mrteacup -
      Quote Originally Posted by reopeadres View Post
      Why agree with a country's laws? When you apple you have the money and power to squash them like fly's. So to speak.
      Lol funny thing is money doesn't equal power everywhere. But in Italy, one of the most corrupt places, it does. Apple can literally bribe the mafia.. However knowing apple has this much money it won't end well

      And again money doesn't always equal power against government.. Apples 30 billion is nothing compared to the trillions china and America has (even in debt we make over 100x apples earnings in a year). You really need to get a bigger perspective bud.
    1. sirbebe's Avatar
      sirbebe -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
      Lol funny thing is money doesn't equal power everywhere. But in Italy, one of the most corrupt places, it does. Apple can literally bribe the mafia.. However knowing apple has this much money it won't end well

      And again money doesn't always equal power against government.. Apples 30 billion is nothing compared to the trillions china and America has (even in debt we make over 100x apples earnings in a year). You really need to get a bigger perspective bud.
      You might have a point the USA makes more money but if you factor in how much the USA spends daily apple is well ahead of the USA. Apple spends a 1mill make 1 billion, USA spends 76billion a year and can't cut the check have. Apple haves deeper pockets but even with all that money if they was to bail out the USA they apple would run out of cash in a week. Lol