• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Bloomberg Says 'iPad Mini' is Happening... This Year


    For three years now, we've lived with a persistent, nagging, and - let's face it - relentlessly annoying rumor that Apple would "soon" release a so-called "iPad Mini." Over the last six months, however, the intensity of these rumors picked up pace inside the Apple supply chain. And now... arguably the most credible source of all has weighed in.

    Late Wednesday, Bloomberg reported a headline some of us could never imagine coming from the venerable news and media powerhouse. The iPad mini is, indeed, coming. And it's coming this year. The smaller, cheaper (probably $199) iPad - according to "two people with knowledge of the plans" - will help keep Apple the king of the tablet market as competing heavy-hitters like Google and Microsoft ready lower-priced devices for emerging markets.

    The new model will have a screen thatís 7 inches to 8 inches diagonally, less than the current 9.7-inch version, said the people, who asked not to be identified because Apple hasnít made its plans public. The product, which Apple may announce by October, wonít have the high-definition screen featured on the iPad that was released in March, one of the people said.
    October is shaping up to be a juggernaut month for the iDevice maker. All signs point to October being the launch time for the 6th generation iPhone as well as a new iMac with Retina Display. And if an iPad Mini is tossed into the mix, Apple's 2012 holiday quarter might be the biggest earnings bonanza humanity has ever witnessed.

    Source: Bloomberg
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Bloomberg Says 'iPad Mini' is Happening... This Year started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 27 Comments
    1. PokemonDesigner's Avatar
      PokemonDesigner -
      Why? What is the point? I mean really? It's just another rip off. If your going to pay 200$-500$ for iPads you might as well wait and buy the Windows 8 Surface. I mean, really.
    1. Cer0's Avatar
      Cer0 -
      Because some people don't want the Surface tablet.

      I won't buy an iPad mini though because our iPad is used a lot for videos and would rather have a bigger screen.
    1. Truckerbear's Avatar
      Truckerbear -
      Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
      Why? What is the point? I mean really? It's just another rip off. If your going to pay 200$-500$ for iPads you might as well wait and buy the Windows 8 Surface. I mean, really.
      The fact that you keep saying this means I need to the exact opposite. I mean you only post here to get under our skin and no pun intended the MS craptastic tablet barely scratches the surface as to what the Jailbroken iPad can do.

      Get lost and stop posting your MS BS here.

      The 7" iPad just doesn't make sense. I highly doubt this is happening.
    1. rockyseay's Avatar
      rockyseay -
      Quote Originally Posted by Truckerbear View Post
      The fact that you keep saying this means I need to the exact opposite. I mean you only post here to get under our skin and no pun intended the MS craptastic tablet barely scratches the surface as to what the Jailbroken iPad can do.

      Get lost and stop posting your MS BS here.

      The 7" iPad just doesn't make sense. I highly doubt this is happening.
      Even when a iPad is jailbroken, it's still limited on features. Trust me, the surface will destroy the iPad in features. Now what most people don't understand is that Apple is king because of the Apps. It's all about the Apps. Nothing more. That's why I have an iPad
    1. GenesisDH's Avatar
      GenesisDH -
      What makes me wonder: if it will be priced ~$200, then what happens to the Touch? Somehow the pricing situation seems to keep making this rumor unbelievable.
      The whole iPod line would have to end up at least $50-$100 cheaper to retain it's place in the market.

      However, I could see this being a newer version of the Touch, just revamped with a larger screen. Kinda similar to the Samsung Note. The pricing and specs would make more sense.
    1. baRRy boRRis's Avatar
      baRRy boRRis -
      If the release a smaller screened iPad the only reason is because of the Nexus 7.

      Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post
      What makes me wonder: if it will be priced ~$200, then what happens to the Touch? Somehow the pricing situation seems to keep making this rumor unbelievable.
      The whole iPod line would have to end up at least $50-$100 cheaper to retain it's place in the market.

      However, I could see this being a newer version of the Touch, just revamped with a larger screen. Kinda similar to the Samsung Note. The pricing and specs would make more sense.
      Or they could get rid of the Classic, reduce the price of the Touch a bit but add a 128GB option. They probably won't but the Classic hasn't been updated it what, 3 years?...
    1. Airwaves182's Avatar
      Airwaves182 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Truckerbear View Post
      and no pun intended the MS craptastic tablet barely scratches the surface as to what the Jailbroken iPad can do.
      Have you used the surface tablet? NO so how do you know it's "craptastic"? I've had a jailbroken iPad & it was boring! I'm good with my iPhone & MacBook air. Just by looking at the Surface I can tell it does a lot more then an ipad except in the app department

      Quote Originally Posted by baRRy boRRis View Post

      Or they could get rid of the Classic, reduce the price of the Touch a bit but add a 128GB option. They probably won't but the Classic hasn't been updated it what, 3 years?...
      Didn't they already stop making the classic? I thought they only made the shuffle, nano & touch?
    1. Senyaichiya's Avatar
      Senyaichiya -
      Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves182 View Post
      Have you used the surface tablet? NO so how do you know it's "craptastic"? I've had a jailbroken iPad & it was boring! I'm good with my iPhone & MacBook air. Just by looking at the Surface I can tell it does a lot more then an ipad except in the app department


      Didn't they already stop making the classic? I thought they only made the shuffle, nano & touch?
      Nope, they still have the classic.
      I saw it a few weeks ago.
      I doubt they would ever dump it.
    1. MoronPolice's Avatar
      MoronPolice -
      Quote Originally Posted by Truckerbear View Post
      The fact that you keep saying this means I need to the exact opposite. I mean you only post here to get under our skin and no pun intended the MS craptastic tablet barely scratches the surface as to what the Jailbroken iPad can do.

      Get lost and stop posting your MS BS here.

      The 7" iPad just doesn't make sense. I highly doubt this is happening.
      Uhh speak for yourself but not EVERYONE is a Crapple fanboy who only buys something just because it has a Crapple logo! I know it's gonna be hard for most Crapple fanboys to cope with the Microsoft Surface being such an amazing piece of hardware but I'm sure you guys can all huddle up and find a way to get thru this together! Maybe one day you yourself will be able to graduate from using that etch-a-sketch iPad and move onto more advance devices like the surface

      BTW, for all you fanboys who are actually excited for an "iPad Mini" I've got AMAZING NEWS for you guys!! They are already available at the Crapple store, it's called an IPOD!!!
    1. JollyRogger's Avatar
      JollyRogger -
      Double Post - Sorry
    1. JayR_Flow's Avatar
      JayR_Flow -
      This site is about Apple devices tho. Why would you come into an Apple device site n talk trash on apple? Do you have nothing better to do?
    1. JollyRogger's Avatar
      JollyRogger -
      Ive got an Ipad which I love as I can surf, email & play amazing games, right from the comfort of my sofa.
      I paid £400 and as Steve used to say "It Just works"

      Now

      Why did Microshaft have to use 4 Surface's during their launch demo, Because they cept on crashing
      Why Have Microshaft not released prices or availabity yet, Because it's not even ready yet.
      Why has nobody been allowed to touch / demo / review one yet ??? - Because it's crap

      Microshaft have tried tablets before and they went down like a lead baloon, because they were crap.
      It was'nt until Apple re-invented the tablet market and took shed loads of money that "other manufacturers" even took and interest, and thats only because Apple got it right and made shed loads of mony, Till now NO ONE has come even close to the Ipad.

      The keyboard cover is a good idea but it's not a reason to buy a surface.

      Wait 6 months until someone has actually used a surface and then we can compare the whole "tablet user experience" because a good spec does not equal a good device, Look at the s3 LOL

      Anyway, I suspect that Microshaft will price the surface out of the market anyway.

      £1000 for a tablet anybody (I dont think so)

      Jolly
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      If this is true...which I hope it's not...what will they call it?

      Let's vote:

      1) iPad Mini
      2) iPod Touch XL
      3) Iphone4S.5+ -phone
    1. feidhlim1986's Avatar
      feidhlim1986 -
      <insert source> says iPad mini is happening.
      MMi reports on above source.
      iPad mini never comes.
      Repeat every 6 months.
    1. Mrteacup's Avatar
      Mrteacup -
      Quote Originally Posted by TechnoUniversity View Post
      Even when a iPad is jailbroken, it's still limited on features. Trust me, the surface will destroy the iPad in features. Now what most people don't understand is that Apple is king because of the Apps. It's all about the Apps. Nothing more. That's why I have an iPad
      And better music and video service. And more capabilities better camera more reliable, software is much more tested and updates are frequent.
    1. justinpotter81's Avatar
      justinpotter81 -
      This looks like the end of the 3.5" ipod touch. I'm thinking this "iPad mini" will be the start of the new iPod touch line, starting at $250. Wonder if it will have 4g capabilities and a new dock connector like the upcoming iPhone? Too many questions
    1. buttamix's Avatar
      buttamix -
      Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post
      What makes me wonder: if it will be priced ~$200, then what happens to the Touch? Somehow the pricing situation seems to keep making this rumor unbelievable.
      The whole iPod line would have to end up at least $50-$100 cheaper to retain it's place in the market.

      However, I could see this being a newer version of the Touch, just revamped with a larger screen. Kinda similar to the Samsung Note. The pricing and specs would make more sense.
      Huh good point
    1. ericwall's Avatar
      ericwall -
      This is just like when Jobs left in the 80's-90's and Apple was releasing a million models of the Macintosh. I really hope they don't turn into Samsung, where they're pushing out a million devices and the only thing different is the name.
    1. bonum83's Avatar
      bonum83 -
      Quote Originally Posted by TechnoUniversity View Post
      Even when a iPad is jailbroken, it's still limited on features. Trust me, the surface will destroy the iPad in features. Now what most people don't understand is that Apple is king because of the Apps. It's all about the Apps. Nothing more. That's why I have an iPad
      No one knows anything about what the 8 will bring or do... How do you know?? U said trust you as if you created it?? But I will agree on one thing with you.... APPS is where it is at. And apple has that PERIOD... I'm a fan of any new tech, but what keeps me locked to apple is the apps..
    1. Eonhpi's Avatar
      Eonhpi -
      I really wanna go on webcam website and beable to use the iPad webcam.