• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Colorize Your Status Bar With 'StatusTint'


    We have already discovered iOS 6 to have a versatile status bar that changes colors to match the surrounding UI (user interface). Unfortunately, if youíre jailbroken on iOS 5 like most people here are, then you are stuck between the boring black and gray status bars. If you donít want to be, then a new jailbreak tweak called StatusTint by iOS developer Rudolf Lichtner will give you the ability to change your status barís colors.

    The tweak is enabled or disabled right from the Settings application in the StatusTint preferences pane. You can also choose between having a gradient status bar, which means two colors (shown above), and using one solid color for your status bar. For whichever you choose to have, you will find two RGB sliders in the preferences pane to select your colors. The preferences pane is shown below:



    Having the RGB sliders gives you a very broad range of possible color selections, unfortunately it also means having to guess what color you are choosing since they offer no indication of what color you are currently sitting on. It is also recommended that you respring the device after you make a change to the settings so that they will take effect.

    The issue with the landscape status bar not appearing correctly has been resolved in another release of SatatusTint from Rudolf's private repository. It will be updated in the ModMyi repository shortly with the same update.

    If you are interested in trying the tweak before it goes live on any public repositories, you can add Rudolf's repository and download the tweak for free to give it a try. His repository is shown below:

    PHP Code:
    http://cydia.rud0lf77.be/ 
    Name: StatusTint
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: Rudolf Lichtner
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

    Sources: Rudolf Lichtner
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Colorize Your Status Bar With 'StatusTint" started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 30 Comments
    1. ViperzDTL's Avatar
      ViperzDTL -
      Another useful tweak by Rudolph. I'm actually looking forward to this tweak, hoping it won't lag my phone
      Not able to test it yet
    1. iPod's Avatar
      iPod -
      Wonder if someone can get the changing one working..
    1. dsg's Avatar
      dsg -
      why would you use this pointless tweak
    1. celeron's Avatar
      celeron -
      I wouldnt call it a pointless tweak, it looks kinda cool
    1. iTouch-Warrior's Avatar
      iTouch-Warrior -
      Well, it's not a life-changing tweak, but it's cool to have some custom colors around. That dull black/gray/translucent status bar hasn't changed much over the years...
    1. justinpotter81's Avatar
      justinpotter81 -
      Only colors 3/4 of the status bar in landscape mode. Otherwise, it's an effective tweak
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by justinpotter81 View Post
      Only colors 3/4 of the status bar in landscape mode. Otherwise, it's an effective tweak
      This is being fixed as submitted as we speak

      EDIT: You can pick up the new version from Rudolf's repo.
    1. vanbashted's Avatar
      vanbashted -
      erm im probs doing something wrong but i cant find this on cydia
    1. celeron's Avatar
      celeron -
      Quote Originally Posted by vanbashted View Post
      erm im probs doing something wrong but i cant find this on cydia
      Add rudolf's repo or wait for it to go live
    1. Lohand's Avatar
      Lohand -
      So close... Needs a transparency level slider and yes some type of color indicator prior to having to respring to see the results...
    1. kickerman65's Avatar
      kickerman65 -
      I like it! It polishes up my green theme quite nicely!
    1. dsg's Avatar
      dsg -
      the reason I say it's pointless is because it's a tweak the more tweaks you have the slower your iDevice will run, and it's not that hard to make a statusbar and put it in your theme

      Silver_Base.png = 5 x 20 px
      Silver_Base@2x.png = 10 x 40 px = In app
      Translucent_Base.png = 5 x 20 px
      Translucent_Base@2x.png = 10 x 40 px =Springboard
      Black_Base.png = 5 x 20 px
      Black_Base@2x.png = 10 x 40 px in apps like the Photos.app

      they go in:

      Your.theme/Bundles/com.apple.UIKit

      end the lazyness!!!!!!!!
    1. celeron's Avatar
      celeron -
      Just noticed it says Statusba in the tweaks description, without the 'r'
    1. iPod's Avatar
      iPod -
      Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
      the reason I say it's pointless is because it's a tweak the more tweaks you have the slower your iDevice will run, and it's not that hard to make a statusbar and put it in your theme

      Silver_Base.png = 5 x 20 px
      Silver_Base@2x.png = 10 x 40 px = In app
      Translucent_Base.png = 5 x 20 px
      Translucent_Base@2x.png = 10 x 40 px =Springboard
      Black_Base.png = 5 x 20 px
      Black_Base@2x.png = 10 x 40 px in apps like the Photos.app

      they go in:

      Your.theme/Bundles/com.apple.UIKit

      end the lazyness!!!!!!!!
      Hah! You're saying this tweak will slow down your device and then you mention winterboard. Lol! Winterboard caused sooo much lag it's ridiculous! And it's causes so much incompatibility And causes apps to crash randomly. And this is a lot easier than making a new theme every time you want to change the color.
    1. dsg's Avatar
      dsg -
      Quote Originally Posted by iPod View Post
      Hah! You're saying this tweak will slow down your device and then you mention winterboard. Lol! Winterboard caused sooo much lag it's ridiculous! And it's causes so much incompatibility And causes apps to crash randomly. And this is a lot easier than making a new theme every time you want to change the color.
      If you theme with Winterboard using the bundles method only you will have less problems

      I repack my Shared@2x.artwork, but a lot of people don't know how to do that, that's why I suggested using Winterboard and the com.apple.UIKit folder instead of the UIImages folder

      Also if you had read my post correctly you would have read 'the more tweaks you have the slower your iDevice' I did not say that this tweak alone will slow down your iDevice, but Antony always shares these pointless tweaks and a lot of you just install them, and there will come a time when most of you complain about the speed of your iDevices.

      Don't say I didn't warn you...
    1. iPod's Avatar
      iPod -
      Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post

      Also if you had read my post correctly you would have read 'the more tweaks you have the slower your iDevice' I did not say that this tweak alone will slow down your iDevice, but Antony always shares these pointless tweaks and a lot of you just install them, and there will come a time when most of you complain about the speed of your iDevices.

      Don't say I didn't warn you...
      This is not a pointless tweak for everyone. I personally wont install this but thats me. To bash it and call it useless is ridiculous. And even if you do install all these little tweaks it will not compare to the lag of winterboard which is insane.
    1. dsg's Avatar
      dsg -
      you must be running an older iDevice the way you keep bashing Winterboard
    1. iPod's Avatar
      iPod -
      I've got the latest iPod touch. And winterboard on any device is buggy and uses way too much ram
    1. dsg's Avatar
      dsg -
      so you've used it on All the iDevices and know 100% that it's laggy, Really!!!!!!!

      how did you theme with it when you did use it?

      Edit: did you use loads of html Widgets the Icons folder, Wallpaper.png, Lockscreen.png, SMSBackground.png etc...
    1. iPod's Avatar
      iPod -
      Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
      so you've used it on All the iDevices and know 100% that it's laggy, Really!!!!!!!

      how did you theme with it when you did use it?

      Edit: did you use loads of html Widgets the Icons folder, Wallpaper.png, Lockscreen.png, SMSBackground.png etc...
      How did I theme it? I downloaded themes from cydia and enabled them.
      I'm sure though you theme without winterboard because to you it's another pointless tweak.