The Apple Store is down as the long-awaited WWDC 2012 sits on the horizon and a slew of last minute leaks just might spoil Apple's surprises for everyone.
Today’s WWDC, if the rumors are true, will be one of the most information dense in recent memory. Instead of a single announcement highlighting the keynote Apple is expected to update its entire Mac line of products in addition to showing off iOS 6.
“Official” specs of the soon to be announced MacBook Pros and Mac Pros leaked earlier this morning, possibly confirming previous rumors thatt Apple will introduce a new thinner unibody design with a Retina Display. However, the rumored specs seem to hint at a division of the MacBook Pro line with two models maintaining the current unibody design. As MacObserver points out this division seems very un-Apple and it could simply be that Apple is releasing two higher-end MacBook Airs.
- 13.3 inch: 2.5GHz dual core processor, 4GB of RAM, 500GB hard drive
- 13.3 inch: 2.9GHz dual core processor, 8GB of RAM, 750GB hard drive
- 15.4 inch: 2.3GHz quad core processor, 4GB of RAM, 500GB hard drive
- 15.4 inch: 2.6GHz quad core processor, 8GB of RAM, 750GB hard drive
The rumored Mac Pro Specs seem plausible as well, with a screaming 2.4GHz 12-core high-end model as the highlight. However, the build-to-order options aren’t known, which should increase the mind numbing speed, and savings account draining price.
- 2.4GHz 12-core processor, 12GB of RAM, 1TB hard drive, and the ATI Radeon 5770 graphics chip
- 3.2GHz quad-core processor, 6GB of RAM, 1TB hard drive, and the ATI Radeon 5770 graphics chip
- Server: 3.2GHz quad-core processor, 8GB of RAM, Two 1TB hard drives